• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comp-tac IWB holsters. What do you think?

I have an M-Tac Minotaur for a Glock 30SF, and it's great; conceals that brick of a gun nicely, and I'm smaller framed (5'9, 160). I also have a Crossbreed Mini-tuck for my Kel-tec PF9, and while that is a little more comfortable (possibly due to the gun being like 1/10th the size) if I were only picking one I think I'd go for the Comp-tac. I like the clips (and options for different clips) more than on the Crossbreed, the interchangeable bodies are cool and useful, you will have it within a week, rather than about four weeks for the Crossbreed, and lastly...IT COMES WITH SMARTIES! Seriously, how awesome is that? In the end, you can't go wrong with either, but I like my Comp-tac just a little more.

Love mine, had it for over a year. What I really like is you can change out the holster for any gun you have but still use the leather backing that goes against you and hooks. I got mine for my Beretta and when I bought the Sig, I just ordered the Kydex holster part and bolted it on.

One thing, when you find the right height and cant setting for holster, put some lock-tite on the screws. They will loosen up. I almost lost the screws twice before I "glued" them. The screws that hold the Kydex holster to the leather have never loosened up on me, just the belt hooks.

I got the Minotaur MTAC Holster. Worth every penny.

Personally, I really like the CTAC's. They're just as comfy as the hybrid holsters for me, and easier to holster/reholster.

I have noticed with some models, the Spartan's will squeak a little.

I carried a full size M&P40 in a CTAC, comfortable and concealed well. Only got rid of it since I sold the gun (regretting that now [thinking]). I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another.

I have one of their belt holsters, and 4 mag carriers that I use in USPSA, with my 9mm Sig P226 that have worked quite well. The adjustable tension is a great feature too.

I just got the MTAC for my sig p229, and I think it's awesome. Great quality, and fits well. My girlfriend who is a little squeamish of the idea of me carrying wasn't able to notice, without wearing a jacket even. I like the idea of being able to get a different kydex shell for a different gun as well.

What didn't you like about them?

For starters, the Glocks don't fit my hand very well, so I've decided not to CCW them at all.

Otherwise, I did not find these holsters as comfortable as others that I own for the 1911. I've become a Milt Sparks fanboy for comfort.

I also got a M-tac with the PM9 I bought. Tried the M-tac, tolerable but nothing to rave about IMNSHO. Besides when I need to carry that small a gun, pocket carry is most appropriate. IWB is best for larger guns that won't fit in a pocket. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom