• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comp-tac IWB holsters. What do you think?

Broc

NES Member
http://www.comp-tac.com/

Does anyone have one?

I found some good review and heard some good things about them, But I thought I would ask here before I spend the $80.

so, what do you think? do you like them? are they comfortable?

M-Tac here. I love it. Being able to buy replacement bodies for other models is what sold it for me.

They do occasionally sell seconds...and I've seen them list them on ebay [wink] if you want to save a few bucks. It's just a matter of timing.

which clips do you have on your holsters?
C-Clip, standard or V-clip?

b8092e62.jpg

Love my M-TAC for full-sized 1911. Had to break it in by dipping the leather that covers the safety into water, then wearing it around with the gun bolstered "cold" for a couple of days. Before that it kept disengaging the extended thumb safety on my SR1911!! [shocked]

And don't forget it's designed for 4 o'clock carry, not 3 o'clock.

I've seen and handled a crossbreed, never wore one, but IMHO the Comp-Tac is far better quality. That was my determining factor. Not to mention I love Smarties [grin]

I have a comp tac infidel with loops for my walther pps, I am very pleased with it.

I also have 2 of their standard belt holsters for competition use, all are well designed and made.

anyone use it for a sig 226? I wouldn't mind switching to that

I found the sigs to be too wide for comfortable IWB carry, YMMV

http://www.comp-tac.com/

Does anyone have one?
so, what do you think? do you like them? are they comfortable?

I had one but sold it.
It was is a comfortable holster and held the firearm well, BUT......... I couldn't get use to a $5 piece of kydex ruining the blued finish on my $1,000 gun.
If it's for poly/stainless or poly/melonite finish you'll be alright, but not blued.
Just my $.02 [wink]

Last edited:
I use the comp-tac mtac with bodies for my 5" and 3" 1911 and my former g23. I love mine and would not trade it in for anything. I use the c clips I like the way they hide.

I have the an Mtac Minotaur and a Crossbreed Supertuck. I like the changeable bodies on the Minotaur, but I find the Crossbreed much more comfortable personally.

Have the M-Tac and love it. Matched it up with a comp-Tac belt, and I love it even more.
If your close to the south shore, your more than welcome to try mine before you buy. But I do think you'll like the holster.

I have one. Its good. The biggest draw is the ability to change bodies for differant firearms.

That said....My Crossbreed holster is far more comfortable. Even with a full size G22.

If your only packing one gun, go Crossbreed and you wont look back.

I like my M-tac holster for my M&P.

I use the C-clips. If your belt is very rigid and/or thick then you may not be able to get the c-clips on without actually feeding the belt through the clips as if they are a loop. In that case, the other style clips would make it easier to take the holster on and off.

I tried 2 cheaper holsters and didn't like either. Ended up ordering the Comp-Tac Minotaur for my pps. Pricey but happy with it. My only issue is sometimes the Allen's get loose, I could probably loc-tite them but haven't got around to it.

Don't waste your time and just buy one. Worth the money hands down. The modular design lets you have the same feel and comfort for multiple different carry pieces. Looks and feels great

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I carry my G29 in a C-TAC and will be getting an other one for my G19 when I finish putting it together. I love it. It is great in the summer because there is no large leather pad making you sweat, and obviously just as comfy in the winter.

But leather ruining the finish even faster is okay? LOL

WRONG!!!!!

In 3 hours the mtac had marked up the blued slide on my new Colt 1911! [angry]
So I started using a Galco (v-hawk) IWB and 2 weeks later (after carrying every day) guess what.............not a mark! [wink]

Ignorance is bliss I guess! [rolleyes]

To the OP, like I said.........it's a nice holster and you don't see many on the used market, so someone must like them, just not me. [smile]

The ctac ones are the only holsters i ccw with. Pf9, m&p45ç, m&p357... never a problem. Plus they're tuckable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom