Comp-Tac holsters

I am thinking about getting one or two of these ,http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95
Does anyone feel like sharing their comments/reviews for me please?
Also, do any local shops carry them? I don't like ordering online, I like to look at them directly.

Thanks in advance.

Get it. They're great holsters, there was a write up here not to long ago. I carry my Sig in one everyday, excellent holsters.

I use that holster, and love it. Bought different kydex shells for different guns.
I like the black leather, that wasn't an option when I bought mine.

I know of no one that stocks them. I own a Minotaur IWB for a 1911 and a straight drop Minotaur for appendix carry of my M&P compact. They are well made, worth the money, and this weekend 10% off. Shipping is usually quick

If you like the concept and have more than one gun you wish to carry, you can also order just the kydex shell. The shell is easy to change.

EDIT: The discount is 20% code at checkout is black-2011

Last edited:
I know of no one that stocks them. I own a Minotaur IWB for a 1911 and a straight drop Minotaur for appendix carry of my M&P compact. They are well made, worth the money, and this weekend 10% off. Shipping is usually quick

If you like the concept and have more than one gun you wish to carry, you can also order just the kydex shell. The shell is easy to change.

EDIT: The discount is 20% code at checkout is black-2011

I'm pretty sure you can only get them direct.

+1

the only one i will NOT recommend is the c-tac.

i had issues with my the j-hooks on mine. the m-tac and cross green super tuck are pretty much the same holster. i have a super tuck for my Walther PPS with spare mag holder... been meaning to get either an M-tac or super tuck for my G19 w / IWB spare mag holder

+1

i had issues with my the j-hooks on mine. the m-tac and cross green super tuck are pretty much the same holster. i have a super tuck for my Walther PPS with spare mag holder... been meaning to get either an M-tac or super tuck for my G19 w / IWB spare mag holder

+1

Comp-Tac and Crossbreed holsters are pretty similar. Right?

Mike Briggs at the gun shows sells comp-tac stuff. That's the only venue I've ever seen the stuff available in.

Generally speaking you will not find really good holsters at gun stores, ever, because they tie up too much capital sticking on the walls and the average dope that buys a sigma or whatever doesn't want to spend more than $50 for a holster, tops. That's why most places only have Blackhawk, Uncle Mike's, Galco, etc.

-Mike

+1

agree on the C-tac, I have one and tried to like it but it sucks, that thing should be outlawed. I did buy it from a dealer in Mass that carries their junk. Sorry, for the money I paid... I expected so much more. The problem is everything inside the waistband sticks into my skin. The Crossbreed superTuck is everything you would want. The leather backing is soft and supple, comfortable whether it is in direct contact with my skin or I have a shirt in between. I could wear the CB for 24hrs. Look at the one you are considering, I don't see much diff from the Ctac, a little leather, but it's not one piece like the CB, it will make a diff. Until one uses both for a period of time, you won't know the differance.

+1

Comp-Tac and Crossbreed holsters are pretty similar. Right?

Not really other than they both use similar materials, I didn't know any better when I bought my Ctac.

There is a stocking dealer network for the product. New England Tactical is the only stocking dealer listed in New England but Mike is only at shows and some Pioneer matches and his inventory is usually limited. There is a full list searchable on the web site.

That said, ordering direct has been the easiest way for me.

agree on the C-tac, I have one and tried to like it but it sucks, that thing should be outlawed.

Eh, personal preference. I vastly prefer the simplicity, ease of use, form factor and stiffness of the CTAC and wish I'd never wasted time and money on the hybrid holsters. Any additional discomfort from the hard kydex is a small price to pay for the superior performance in general. I won't buy anything that's not all kydex, going forward.

Your mileage may vary.

I have no complaints about my MTAC. I bought it when I still had my USP 40 FS and the Kyvex holster works perfect for my USP 45 and even for my SR9c. I figure the actual SR9c holster is a little bit thinner and more streamlined, but what I have works for me now. One thing I will say is I did not like the Neutral cant version they have. Too much printing for my liking.

I have one and I like it. I particularly like the ability to change kydex shells for different firearms. I do think though that my crossbred holster is the most comfortable holster I own, by quite at bit.

Eh, personal preference. I vastly prefer the simplicity, ease of use, form factor and stiffness of the CTAC and wish I'd never wasted time and money on the hybrid holsters. Any additional discomfort from the hard kydex is a small price to pay for the superior performance in general. I won't buy anything that's not all kydex, going forward.

Your mileage may vary.

I found the CTAC to be too floppy and unsupportive without having some extra material around the connection point of the clips. For me, the Minotaur provides that extra material that give better support and feels better. For me, I get better confort and support with the Minotaur.

Hmm, my mileage did vary!

Have one. I know I'll be in the minority, but I like my Crossbreed better. Just seems to fit better. (The Comp-Tac looks nicer, but nobody sees it anyway.)

agree on the C-tac, I have one and tried to like it but it sucks, that thing should be outlawed. I did buy it from a dealer in Mass that carries their junk. Sorry, for the money I paid... I expected so much more. The problem is everything inside the waistband sticks into my skin. The Crossbreed superTuck is everything you would want. The leather backing is soft and supple, comfortable whether it is in direct contact with my skin or I have a shirt in between. I could wear the CB for 24hrs. Look at the one you are considering, I don't see much diff from the Ctac, a little leather, but it's not one piece like the CB, it will make a diff. Until one uses both for a period of time, you won't know the differance.

Not really other than they both use similar materials, I didn't know any better when I bought my Ctac.

I smell a lot of BS and/or idiocy there.

I have a Minotaur or M-Tac hybrid holster i carry my G27 in one. I went on a week long road trip wore it allday everyday and was never uncomfortable.

I bought a IWB mag holster from CompTac from the dealer mentioned at the gunshows. Diff leather on the Mag holster, if i didnt know any better i would think it was a knockoff from revere flea market. That being said though i got use to the mag holster and also use that daily.

Have one. I know I'll be in the minority, but I like my Crossbreed better. Just seems to fit better. (The Comp-Tac looks nicer, but nobody sees it anyway.)

My issue with Crossbreed is the metal clips scratch the hell out of my belt. Aside from that there is very, very little difference between the two products.

My MTAC gets the most service time of all the holsters, good buy.

The CTAC for a light weight J-frame works well, not so much for anything heaver.

I had a ctac for a full sized M&P9. It was OK but the Mtac is much more comfortable. The one thing with the ctac is that re-holstering one handed IS easier with the all kydex vs the hybrid but it's not like I'm doing a lot of that anyway when I carry.

I found the CTAC to be too floppy and unsupportive without having some extra material around the connection point of the clips. For me, the Minotaur provides that extra material that give better support and feels better. For me, I get better confort and support with the Minotaur.

Hmm, my mileage did vary!

I have one and I like it. I particularly like the ability to change kydex shells for different firearms. I do think though that my crossbred holster is the most comfortable holster I own, by quite at bit.

Hmmmm, that's funny, seems I'm not alone. Guys that have used both seem to agree with my assessment. The fact is, I like the kydex and it can be comfortable, it wasn't until I bought and used the Crossbreed holster that I realized the difference, the leather backing made all the differance so there is no part of the kydex sticking into me.

Here's a picture of BS and idiocy, the holster on the left is the POS Ctac, notice the kydex, where do you think that Kydex is going to contact.... the holster on the right is my Cossbreed, I wear all day, it to is Kydex but notice the leather on the back.... that is the key. I base my opinion on actual use, not a dream.. unless you have tried them both.... how would you know the differance.

IMAG0125.jpg

Anyone want to buy a Ctac for an M&P, shoot me a PM.. and a reasonable offer, it's a great holster if you don't know any better...
Which one do you want against your skin...

IMAG0126.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm, that's funny, seems I'm not alone. Guys that have used both seem to agree with my assessment. The fact is, I like the kydex and it can be comfortable, it wasn't until I bought and used the Crossbreed holster that I realized the difference, the leather backing made all the differance so there is no part of the kydex sticking into me.

Here's a picture of BS and idiocy, the holster on the left is the POS Ctac, notice the kydex, where do you think that Kydex is going to contact.... the holster on the right is my Cossbreed, I wear all day, it to is Kydex but notice the leather on the back.... that is the key. I base my opinion on actual use, not a dream.. unless you have tried them both.... how would you know the differance.

Anyone want to buy a Ctac for an M&P, shoot me a PM.. and a reasonable offer, it's a great holster if you don't know any better...

You seem to be using the Mtac and Ctac interchangeably. They're two very different holsters. One's a pure kydex and the other is a hybrid. I agree with your complaints about the ctac but I've carried both the Mtac and the supertuck and I'd be hard-pressed to come up with more than minor differences between the 2.

You seem to be using the Mtac and Ctac interchangeably. They're two very different holsters. One's a pure kydex and the other is a hybrid. I agree with your complaints about the ctac but I've carried both the Mtac and the supertuck and I'd be hard-pressed to come up with more than minor differences between the 2.

I can agree with that Bob, I can see the leather backing on the Mtac being all the differance from the Ctac, my other complaint would be the clips, I prefer the metal clips on the CB, they are much more stable for me. I could use an Mtac, but love the supple leather on the CB, in the summer against my skin, I had almost no discomfort. The Mtac is a really sharp looking piece, but no one is gonna see it under my shirt... [grin] If Comp-tac will trade me out for an Mtac, I could change my position..

I can agree with that Bob, I can see the leather backing on the Mtac being all the differance from the Ctac, my other complaint would be the clips, I prefer the metal clips on the CB, they are much more stable for me. I could use an Mtac, but love the supple leather on the CB, in the summer against my skin, I had almost no discomfort. The Mtac is a really sharp looking piece, but no one is gonna see it under my shirt... [grin] If Comp-tac will trade me out for an Mtac, I could change my position..

Honestly, if you already own a supertuck there's no reason to swap. Like I said, minor differences. The only issue I had with the supertuck was the clips wearing the finish off my belt so I tried mtac. I'm a holster slut anyway.

Back
Top Bottom