• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Communication In A Zombie Apocalypse

I've taken my SHTF communications to the next level and incorporated the ability to encrypt my family's radio comms, if necessary. This required acquiring non-ham radio's with encryption modules and the ability to load encryption keys, which is actually quite easy to do. I use the radio's daily on the ham bands in a non-encrypted configuration, so they are always ready.

BTW, I want to apologize to the OP. I did not mean to hijack your thread. Actually, your work is excellent. You have a well constructed go-box. Please understand that I take emergency preparations very seriously. I don't simply buy some crapola generator from Home Depot or Harbor Freight, I have a true mil-surp diesel generator. I take my family comms, in an emergency, just as seriously as guns, ammo, food, water and power generation. My comments about taking communications to the next level and making provisions for securing those comms is in that same spirit, yet I feel many folks do not take the time to think this out in some apocalyptic scenarios such as you've mentioned here.

I've taken my SHTF communications to the next level and incorporated the ability to encrypt my family's radio comms, if necessary. This required acquiring non-ham radio's with encryption modules and the ability to load encryption keys, which is actually quite easy to do. I use the radio's daily on the ham bands in a non-encrypted configuration, so they are always ready.

I just use Pig Latin!

Videographer really enjoys saying "Zombie Apocalypse"

My difficulty is there's nobody to talk to within line-of-site; NH terrain ensures I have hills and the Wapack Range in the way of reaching anybody local of interest.

What are "non-ham radio's with encryption modules"? APCO P25?

good kit, If i were to have made it i would have made everything self contained. the lif of the case would be that solar panel and a more colapsable antenna set up maybe 3 seperate calpsable parts that thread together after expanded so truely everything is in the box and can be picked up and taken as one solid unit. its a good first attempt i guess

good kit, If i were to have made it i would have made everything self contained. the lif of the case would be that solar panel and a more colapsable antenna set up maybe 3 seperate calpsable parts that thread together after expanded so truely everything is in the box and can be picked up and taken as one solid unit. its a good first attempt i guess

We need to get your your license and then we can do some fun stuff...

Help.
I am eager to get into Ham radio and get my license.
I am looking for someone to spend a little time with me to help me get started with this. I dont know where to begin. I just need some direction.

all my best,

Northman

Help.
I am eager to get into Ham radio and get my license.
I am looking for someone to spend a little time with me to help me get started with this. I dont know where to begin. I just need some direction.

all my best,

Northman
Dig around the Ham Radio forum. There's 2 or 3 threads mostly devoted to this question with good answers.

Back
Top Bottom