• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comments from a student of On Target Training's Level 2 Defensive Pistol Class

Wishse

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Comments from a student at our recent Defensive Pistol Class in Bradford RI. Aug 2016...

"Seth,

I want to comment on the OTT Defensive Pistol II training held on August 13[SUP]th[/SUP] at the Bradford Sportsman Club which was an excellent and informative class on safe practical pistol shooting. This is the second class I have attended with OTT and again the level of instruction by you exceeded my expectations. From each class I’ve taken away an honest assessment of my actual abilities and the skill building techniques to help me achieve my goals during my individual training.

This type of practical training on how to safely and properly employ your firearm is invaluable to the pistol owner, and especially anyone with a pistol carry permit. I am a firm advocate for purposeful training to build skills in the practical and defensive use aspects of firearms; this is not going to the range with your buddies and shooting for an hour or two, which has its place. It is one thing, albeit beneficial, to read books and articles, or watch videos, on defensive pistol fundamentals, such as: proper and effective presentation from holster, grip, sight picture, sight alignment, trigger press, follow through, movement, etc., and to say to yourself ‘I know that’; however, it is often an eye opener for students to experience the requisite skills needed to actually implement these fundamentals efficiently, quickly, and accurately with live fire timed drills, and to do so safely adhering to the four rules of firearm safety. For me, experiencing a ‘reality check’ on my actual skill level in the drills, and learning how to improve my abilities are two of the most beneficial take-aways from the class.

Additionally, I recommend to my clients and friends with pistol carry permits, and those that have a firearm in the home for personal protection, to take a live fire class at least annually. Practically, this provides an objective assessment of their qualifications and the training techniques to stay proficient and improve their skill set. On a more serious note, if they ever had to use the firearm in self-defense, the class attendance provides a documented record of training and qualification, should those matters come into question during the police investigation and prosecution review of that use of force.

Thank you again for the excellent coaching and a very beneficial day on the range.

Wyatt A. Brochu, Esq."

https://youtu.be/S-AI74QBPiM

Back
Top Bottom