Comm2A Wins in Federal Court - Mass Alienage Ban Overturned

Holy thread resurrection!

Have there been any updates on this?

Are resident aliens still being denied/hassled, or have the PDs, MIRCS, etc. sorted everything out?

Did Holbrook ever get straightened out? What I had heard was that they only issued 2-year LTCs to aliens. Don't recall if I heard that thru Braintree R&P (either other instructors or our CRO) or thru Comm2A, but I did hear it.

Did Holbrook ever get straightened out? What I had heard was that they only issued 2-year LTCs to aliens. Don't recall if I heard that thru Braintree R&P (either other instructors or our CRO) or thru Comm2A, but I did hear it.

The interesting question is if LTC and permanent residency cards are coterminous. Would LTC be issued with earlier expiration dates if applicants Green Cards have expiration dates prior to the statutory LTC expiration dates?

I was never able to find out any more about it. I think it had more to do with the issuance of manual paper license vs. the MIRCS license.

I have a green card and got my LTC a couple of months ago with no restrictions. No issues getting it. I had it in my hand about 2-3 weeks after the application went in.

I have a green card and got my LTC a couple of months ago with no restrictions. No issues getting it. I had it in my hand about 2-3 weeks after the application went in.

Glad to hear it went so well. It's nice to know we have already made a positive difference.

I got my license over a year ago in Gloucester, the lady told me that I could not apply for a LTC only FID (through criminal systems board), luckily I brought with me a copy of the new law from ma.gov, picked up the license 4 weeks after that, no restrictions.

Thanks comm2a, donation will be sent soon, as well as nes green membership

Other threads have people complaining about the process taking months. Is your case of 2-3 weeks unusual, or have resident aliens already gone through some of the process before applying for an LTC?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

He did a check with ICE to see if I was a legit resident and that was it. Everything else was the same. Maybe different towns have different waiting times due to the quantity of people applying. Pelham seems pretty quiet.

Why it is in DIRECT DEFIANCE of that court order, that's how it fits. If passed this way you can be certain that Comm2A will move with a contempt order against the state.
No, we can't get a contempt order against the state if they pass the bill with this prohibition. But feel free to hold the legislature in contempt yourself.

Enactment of this bill will have no effect upon the rights of permanent residents, it is still not enforceable. Enactment of this bill only widens the gulf between the written law and what's actually enforceable. And that's fine with me.

No, we can't get a contempt order against the state if they pass the bill with this prohibition. But feel free to hold the legislature in contempt yourself.

Enactment of this bill will have no effect upon the rights of permanent residents, it is still not enforceable. Enactment of this bill only widens the gulf between the written law and what's actually enforceable. And that's fine with me.

You and I have discussed this so I know where you are coming from. It's too bad that the court couldn't find them in contempt and throw the authors in jail . . . I can dream, can't I? Courts shouldn't allow them to write new laws in direct defiance of court rulings and I'm surprised that they can't force them to drop that crap from any law. It's disgusting just like if they wrote a new law stating that only white male property owners could vote . . . even if unenforceable the mere act of doing this is vile and detestable.

I've held the legislature in contempt for many years, nothing new here.

Problem is that some legal aliens will be dissuaded from applying, some of the worst chiefs may still deny those that do apply, pointing to the written law and I can think of one lawyer in EOPS who probably would go along with it. And fighting court battles that you've already won over and over again isn't the most productive use of resources.

I think the anger over the re-upping of the alienage provision should be viewed for what it is: Laziness in drafting.

Who ever wrote the new bill simply copied and pasted the current §129B and §131, and changed the parts of the FID and LTC issuance requirements they wanted to. I don't think there was any deliberate attempt to usurp the court ruling. Accusing them of deliberate definace of the Haas decision is a bit strong. I think they're just ****ing morons who had no idea the case had been decided.

This just furthers my argument that, whether one is all for stringent gun control or lives and breathes the RKBA, the bill should be voted down if for no other reason than the drafting is atrocious.

Back
Top Bottom