Comm2A to Support Lowell Gun Collector

But prosecutor Rachel Perlman objected to the return of Sokolowski's property saying state police can't legally return the items because Sokolowski doesn't have a valid Firearms Identification Card.

Wow that's a great one, police seize guns, revoke FID or LTC, and then don't issue a new FID or LTC - nothing to do but keep the guns!

I hadn't seen these quotes relevant to the story.

http://theconservativecitizen.com/2011/04/30/the-new-gun-control/

‘A burglar is your common, garden variety criminal,”spokesman for the Lowell Police Department Max Cretan observed. “We deal with this kind of problem every day. Sokolowski, on the other hand, is a greater threat. He has dangerous knowledge. And with the equipment he had he could easily assemble bombs. Making bombs is a terrorist activity. Having the means to make bombs is possession of terrorist paraphernalia. That’s against the law.”

“We’re not saying a person can’t own a weapon. But this privilege must be weighed against the state’s need to control access to firearms. So, when a person goes overboard like this we see it as a potentially serious threat to peace and order.”

Having the means to make bombs is possession of terrorist paraphernalia.

EVERYONE has the means to make bombs. (But I guess that's the aptly named Mr. Cretan's point.)

EDIT: I think (I hope!) I fell for a bit of satire here. I can't even tell any more.

Last edited:
Too many cases, they all blend together, and so few have any true meaning to the majority of gun owners here in MA. Chips off the corners, but maybe that is the only way.

The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.

[William Faulkner]

Back
Top Bottom