Comm2A to Support Lowell Gun Collector

Comm2A

Director Comm2a
Dealer
NES Member
Commonwealth Second Amendment (Comm2A) is actively seeking donations to support the criminal defense of Stan Sokolowski, a Lowell gun collector whose valuable and historic firearms collections was stolen in a January 2011 burglary. The firearms stolen were in a vault. It was a vault so secure that Lowell PD Capt. Kelly Richardson told the local media "It was very, very secure... Whoever broke into it had some time because it was so secure."

Why on earth would the victim of a crime need to mount a criminal defense and fight for his own freedom?

Imagine going to the police station to report that your house had been broken into, and some of your property stolen. You would expect a serious and concerned response, but you would not expect to be detained and interrogated for seven hours.

Yet that is exactly what happened to Mr. Sokolowski when he reported the theft. Stan was put in a room and questioned repeatedly. After finding evidence that Stan, like many thrifty gun owners, reloaded his own ammunition, the police began asking him if he manufactured ammunition for sale and his license to possess firearms was immediately revoked. Six weeks later, Stan was charged with the illegal manufacture of explosives (which is what MA classifies small arms ammunition as). These charges are directly related to Mr. Sokolowski's reloading activities - an activity practiced by thousands of law-abiding individuals in Massachusetts and hundreds of thousands nationwide.

Comm2A is supporting Mr. Sokolowski because a successful prosecution in this case will expose Massachusetts residents engaged in reloading to potential criminal charges. Reloading will become another mallum prohibitum charge like storage that the state can mis-use in order to strip people of their gun rights.

Donations collected in response to this appeal will directly aid in the criminal defense of Mr. Sokolowski. Donations can be made via PayPal from a special link on our website here or by check made Payable to Comm2A, PO Box 301398, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130. Please write 'Stan' in the memo line of your check.

Donations made in response to this appeal will be matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis thanks to a $3,000 matching grant pledged by a very generous supporter. Not only does your donation count, it counts double.

Mr. Sokolowski is represented by Attorneys Jesse Cohen and Michael D. Brennan.

Commonwealth Second Amendment (Comm2A) is a Massachusetts based non-profit dedicated to preserving and expanding the rights of gun owners in the northeast. We are dedicated to promoting a better understanding of rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. In addition to organizing and funding a number of exciting projects, our activities include educational programs designed to promote a better understanding of Massachusetts and Federal firearms laws and rights as well as programs to defend and protect the civil rights of Massachusetts gun owners.

All press inquiries please contact (617) 942-0660 or [email protected].

NES'rs. Now is the time to step up. Help out Stan with a donation so that he can not only beat this charge, but we can stand up to the state and draw the line in the stand. No more abusing obscure statutes in unintended ways to deprive gun owners of their rights. Lets step up and make sure this statute doesn't become another §131L ("safe" storage).
Hit the donation page direct here.
http://www.comm2a.org/index.php?opt...tan-sokolowski&catid=23:qassitanceq&Itemid=45

+1 Ill try to swing a donation friday. I hope theres a lawsuit against the city of lowell in here somewhere, theyve done nothing but trample this mans rights and make a criminal out of him.

Done. I'll be sure to spread the word on this - it's truly ridiculous and adds insult to injury. The crooks violated this man's home - so the police decided to top it off by violating his rights.

Thanks Comm2A - good luck!

Wow, that's just stunning. Donation sent. Hopefully you can help Stan beat this, and at the same time drum up some publicity to show just how ridiculous MA can be.

Wish I was in a better position to donate to the case. I just wanted to thank you guys for all you do for gun owners here in MA. Definitely proud to call you guys friends.

Since his name is out in the open I suppose it doesn't matter if I let you know who Stan is. Stan is a quiet guy who just over a year ago got married to a widow who has 4 children, 2 girls and 2 boys. You probably have seen him around HSC with them as Stan is the man in the kitchen cooking breakfast and making those amazing omelets! Often, after breakfast him, his wife and the kids would take a walk around the club property enjoying the sight and sounds. While his wife has done a wonderful job raising these children before Stan came along, you can see how much they all love each other and how he has contributed to their development. Most of you who have eaten breakfast at the club probably didn't even notice Stan. He used to also take care of the 100 yd range. He is one of the kindest men I have ever known. He is a good man and completely undeserving of the treatment he has received. You or I could easily be in the same position. I will be making a donation.

Back
Top Bottom