Comm2A to Support Lowell Gun Collector

Did they drop the case, or was some deal reached, or was it ajudicated? Doesn't sound like any of us know what has really happened here...all we know is that it is closed...

Is there any recourse to go after the state for damages for wrongful prosecution?

Mike

Nope, why do you think they Persecute(intentional spelling) people like this. No penalty to them and they bankrupt the innocent and stress them out for months/years and then go "OK, we quit" with impunity. It is a very effective strategy to break someone (or get even with someone you detest).

Is there any recourse to go after the state for damages for wrongful prosecution?

Mike

Nope, prosecutorial immunity. Look up Connick v Thompson. The government can without hold evidence, ruin your life, and there is not a thing you can do about it. The important thing is that the DA can save up for that new speed boat.

Last edited:

Probably not, unless you can run a well engineeered USC 1983 lawsuit against the state or whatever actors were involved. Unfortunately those seem to be hard to come by and difficult to "wield". The system pretty much allows DAs and the state to have a high level of incompetency without being punished for it. In order to get anywhere with a civil rights argument I would imagine you have to prove that the actors acted in malice. Even when the Mike Nifongs of the world come along, "winning" at this is like getting blood from a stone. Those kids from duke will never never be properly compensated, even if the state (and Nifong) was 200% in the wrong.

-Mike

Nope, why do you think they Persecute(intentional spelling) people like this. No penalty to them and they bankrupt the innocent and stress them out for months/years and then go "OK, we quit" with impunity. It is a very effective strategy to break someone (or get even with someone you detest).
I wonder how much money Stan is out now. I doubt if he ever will receive his LTC back in Lowell. I know, that a-hole Lavallee is long gone but his replacement (a woman) shares his hate for law-abiding gun owners. Personally, I hope he steps up and applies for his FID. It is "shall issue" and they will have no choice but to issue it to him. Small gesture, sure, but at least he can get some satisfaction. And I hope he sells his property and moves out of Lowell soon. Just sold my condo in Dracut. Property values are going up. Hopefully, he can recoup some money. It just galls me to see an innocent person like Stan get screwed over.

Oh great! An alcoholic leading a police force!

Truthfully, in the past I have worked with and known many functioning alcoholics and the disease did not affect their performance or judgement in the workplace. Once you get some insight into the "alcoholic personality" traits that go along with the behaviors (although some cover it up well) they become easy to work with because so much research and literature has been written about alcoholism and dealing with alcoholics.

I will definitely take a functioning "alky" anytime over some tight a**ed bluenose. Not every alcoholic is the homewrecker, violent and disruptive person. Frequently they hold themselves to impossible standards which is a major component in some types of alcoholic behavior. If they seek rehab, and many do, if they begin to go to A.A. and become friends of Bill W., so much for the better.

In the case of Lowell...it doesn't matter if the COP is alcoholic, three toed, or from Mars. It's all bad.

I think of the thousands I have invested in my crappy little collection, and I look at a simple collector getting the shaft like that with all he had....and I just feel a shiver of revulsion for the .gov aholes who did this. It's the true definition of injustice.

I think of the thousands I have invested in my crappy little collection, and I look at a simple collector getting the shaft like that with all he had....and I just feel a shiver of revulsion for the .gov aholes who did this. It's the true definition of TYRANNY.

FIFY

In November 2011, Rodriguez pleaded guilty in Lowell Superior Court to seven counts of possession of a firearm, seven counts of being an armed career criminal, possession of a large-capacity feeding device, trafficking in firearms, and trafficking of a large-capacity feeding device.

Rodriguez also pleaded guilty to breaking and entering in the nighttime to commit a felony, breaking into a depository and larceny of a firearm. He was sentenced to eight years in state prison followed by five years probation.

Miguel Rivera-Otero, 21, of 31 West Sixth St., pleaded guilty to charges including four counts of possession of a firearm, possession of a large-capacity feeding device, trafficking in firearms, trafficking of a large-capacity feeding device, breaking and entering in the nighttime to commit a felony and larceny of a firearm.

Rivera-Otero was sentenced to three to four years in state prison followed by five years probation, according to the release.

Bring this up to any a-hole who wants more gun laws. Like Warren Tolman. Under MA law, they could have got about 50 years each. We'll see one or more of them again when they commit murder, I guarantee it.

Wat? State Fire Marshal? Did he have 200 lbs of powder or something?

I thought you only needed something from your local town's PD.

I agree this is poor reporting, but a permit is routinely required from your local FD. PDs usually don't issue powder storage permits, except in small towns with a volunteer fire department.

Good for Mr Sokolowski and Comm2a. When I read the article the first time it sounded like bs. Nice light sentences for the burglars too. What was Mr. Sokolowski facinf for a sentence?

I agree this is poor reporting, but a permit is routinely required from your local FD. PDs usually don't issue powder storage permits, except in small towns with a volunteer fire department.

Wow, that was a confusing typo. FD, Fire Department, is what I meant :)

Good for Mr Sokolowski and Comm2a. When I read the article the first time it sounded like bs. Nice light sentences for the burglars too. What was Mr. Sokolowski facinf for a sentence?

In real terms, as much as the burglars IIRC. Maybe a little less, but you can see they got hit light.

Back
Top Bottom