COMM2A Smile

namedpipes

NES Member
upload_2019-1-8_17-15-53.png

Since the shop2a dot comm2a dot org link was chopped, I updated my Amazon shortcut to take me to smile dot amazon dot com instead.

Nice thing is, Smile mentions the donation while the affiliate link says nothing. Good positive reinforcement.

So, everyone should remember to Smile and designate Comm2A as their charity...

This public service announcement was paid for by the Never Liawatha Committee.

@Knuckle Dragger @Comm2A

Is this true? I have the old link bookmarked, but will switch to using Smile to keep the Amazon donations coming.

I recall being told that using Smile Amazon didn't bring as much $ into Comm2A as their own link to Amazon.

I'm going by this thread:

What happened to Comm2A Amazon link?

(Start around post #29 - the earlier posts are unrelated)

And yes, I know technically this thread is a dupe, but it was deliberate for the purpose of raising awareness so the flow doesn't stop.

@Knuckle Dragger @Comm2A

Is this true? I have the old link bookmarked, but will switch to using Smile to keep the Amazon donations coming.

I recall being told that using Smile Amazon didn't bring as much $ into Comm2A as their own link to Amazon.
I'm going by this thread:

What happened to Comm2A Amazon link?

(Start around post #29 - the earlier posts are unrelated)

And yes, I know technically this thread is a dupe, but it was deliberate for the purpose of raising awareness so the flow doesn't stop.
Here is the answer you seek:
Yes, we do get a small amount if people name Comm2A as the Amazon Smile recipient.

No, they should be using Amazon Smile. Comm2A is no longer an Amazon affiliate. We no longer receive a commision through that link.

@Knuckle Dragger @Comm2A

this, ive been using the old link for years. have a hard time believing amzn will pass money along to a 2A org.

I just got an email that stated:

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:
  • $6,448.39 to Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc
It does happen. Keep it up, guys.

I just got an email that stated:

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:
  • $6,448.39 to Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc
It does happen. Keep it up, guys.
I got that email yesterday as well.

Do you have the actual smile link? I tried searching using the "charity lists" but nothing comes up for Commonwealth Second Amendment.

For some reason it's not coming up when searching the charity list. But if you go to smile.amazon.com and from your account click "Your Amazon Smile", you can change to it there. Below is the text that is on the page when it's selected.

Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc
Mission: Commonwealth Second Amendment (Comm2A) is a grassroots civil rights organization dedicated to promoting a better understanding of rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. Our activities include educational programs designed to promote a better understanding of Massachusetts and Federal firearms laws and rights as well as programs to defend and protect the civil rights of Massachusetts gun owners

Programs: Legal Action

Also when making purchases, be sure to be on the smile.amazon page. When you get to Amazon from a link, it may have you logged in, but it doesn't default to the smile page. I've noticed recently that I've been getting a popup that asks if I want to change to the smile page, which is great to remind you that you are not there.

"I just supported Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc at AmazonSmile. I shop. Amazon gives."

I'm sure it was just a penny or two on this purchase (new batteries for Mrs. Pipes vape), but to date, Smile has benefited COMM2A to the tune of $6500. (just to clarify, I mean altogether, not from MY purchases!)

Last edited:
For some reason it's not coming up when searching the charity list. But if you go to smile.amazon.com and from your account click "Your Amazon Smile", you can change to it there. Below is the text that is on the page when it's selected.

Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc
Mission: Commonwealth Second Amendment (Comm2A) is a grassroots civil rights organization dedicated to promoting a better understanding of rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. Our activities include educational programs designed to promote a better understanding of Massachusetts and Federal firearms laws and rights as well as programs to defend and protect the civil rights of Massachusetts gun owners

Programs: Legal Action

One minor note: After "
....But if you go to smile.amazon.com and from your account click "Your Amazon Smile", you can change to it there.....

From your "Amazon Smile", type in "Comm2a" without the quotes and hit the search button. Then Comm2a shows. Remember to select it.

Great topic. Thanks,

Jay

i got a notice in yesterdays email also. seems my donations go to pencils for peace. wtf is that? i don't remember checking that box, in fact it wouldn't let me do comm2a so i just didn't bother trying to let a percentage go to anyone. so i don't know what pencils for peace is, maybe they give pencils out in detroit and chicago schools...i dunno. i'll go google them now.

i got a notice in yesterdays email also. seems my donations go to pencils for peace. wtf is that? i don't remember checking that box, in fact it wouldn't let me do comm2a so i just didn't bother trying to let a percentage go to anyone. so i don't know what pencils for peace is, maybe they give pencils out in detroit and chicago schools...i dunno. i'll go google them now.

Can I change my charity?
Yes, you can change your charity any time. Your AmazonSmile purchases after the change count towards your newly selected charity. To change your charity, sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser and simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.”

Here's your quarterly reminder to use Amazon Smile to make Amazon donate to Comm2A.

Also, for anyone who shops using the Amazon app on their phone, you can now use Smile on the app.

Go into Settings in the app (on Android press the "three lines" button on the top left and scroll down to Settings)
Select AmazonSmile
Follow the instructions to set it up.

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom