Comm2A, SAF, GOAL and FPC file against Baker admin on shop closures

Is there anything happening with this case? I tried looking it up but cant find anything. With the uptick in cases and fall approaching I could see it happening again.

Is there anything happening with this case? I tried looking it up but cant find anything. With the uptick in cases and fall approaching I could see it happening again.
Nothing will happen, this is the PRM. Our Overlords have total power over us serfs and they know it. No Democracy in this State for us Joe's and Jane's.

When the census taker knocks on my door asking for personal information, I feel like griping to her about Gov Charlie Parker closing the 2A civil right gun stores.

But then I realize that the census taking is Federal level not State and I'm SOL.

It continues. The Commonwealth is trying to get the case dismissed. No dates have been set for future hearings. I'll try to keep up with the docket.

I just realized after reading something that Massachusetts is in a "State of Emergency". I had no idea.

Anyhow, I went to COVID-19 State of Emergency and did not see anywhere that gun shops were to reopen. Should that be under "Rescinded Orders"?

What about firearms licensing?

How do those get listed there?

I just realized after reading something that Massachusetts is in a "State of Emergency". I had no idea.

Anyhow, I went to COVID-19 State of Emergency and did not see anywhere that gun shops were to reopen. Should that be under "Rescinded Orders"?

Anyone? Bueller?

I really don't think the state cares about us.

That being said, if I read the various orders correctly, COVID-19 Order No. 13 was the one which was used to close gun shops, along with many other businesses. This order was rescinded by Order No. 37. However. somewhere along the line I seem to recall some legislator getting involved and urging the state to allow gun shops to open, but I cannot confirm that.

As far as licensing, that seems to be an individual department decision, not a state mandate.

Is this what you were looking for? This is linked from the DCJIS Firearms Resources page

McCarthy v. Baker et al.-Preliminary Injunction Order May 7, 2020..pdf | Mass.gov

But you're right, if they were being open and above-board they could include it with the other Covid information.

[Edit]
I used feedback function on the website to suggest they include it:

"This page should also include the link to the preliminary injunction that allowed firearm dealers to reopen. Without it the information on this page presents an incomplete picture. Thanks!

McCarthy v. Baker et al.-Preliminary Injunction Order May 7, 2020..pdf | Mass.gov"

COVID Order no. 33 , signed by Baker on 5/18/20, allowed gun retailers and ranges to reopen

See https://www.mass.gov/doc/may-18-2020-re-opening-massachusetts-order/download

So, what is the actual status? Is there now a ruling that they have to be allowed to open? Is there anything currently which is telling them to close? Talking Massachusetts at the moment.

Ah, yes! The ol' F C B trick. Oldest one in the books. Gets 'em every time!

donadams2-300x225.jpg

Back
Top Bottom