• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A, SAF, GOAL and FPC file against Baker admin on shop closures

Judge is going to enter a form of order based on the state's proposed order.

I wonder whether the "4 appointments per hour" provision will be left in or if he'll change it.

Not 100% sure, but the way he was just talking about it makes it seems like he's going to incorporate the 4 appointments per hour into his order.

My guess would be Sunday. They are saying 2 days, non business.

Sounded like the judge flat out rejected that.
He also said something about the emergency in the timelieness to respond in the prior briefing. I'd be shocked if FFL's weren't allowed to open almost immediately.

Sounded like the judge flat out rejected that.
He also said something about the emergency in the timelieness to respond in the prior briefing. I'd be shocked if FFL's weren't allowed to open almost immediately.

My understanding was that he took issue with the phrasing "business days" and was saying why not two simple days, 48 hours. I can see him saying 24 hours. But I wouldn't be surprised if its a Sunday open, allowing Friday and Saturday for public health departments to get things together.

Yep, hopefully that goes through as well. Seems like he could START with 40% and let us argue for more though? Real bummer
Bummer?

Its f***ing pathetic.

This judge is playing games. This is a no brainer decision. He should stop wasting everyone's time and make the only just ruling possible.

OPEN IT ALL.

Is there any legal significance to him using the word "impingement " rather than "infringement "? He's used it more than once

I'm not a lawyer, but the two words are a little different. "Impingement" means something has a negative impact on something else. Infringement speaks more to the defiance of a law. The word "impingement" may carry more weight in terms of this case where they are arguing whether a "severe burden" has been put on gun owners.

12:00 Saturday stores will be allowed to open. Order as submitted by the state will be used, so by appointment only, no more than 4 appointments per hour.

Back
Top Bottom