• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A, SAF, GOAL and FPC file against Baker admin on shop closures

And finally they taxi back to the gate because the crew is over their max hours.
Or move onto an unscheduled stop for refueling because they don;t have the required fuel for the trip + reserve after spending so much time idling. (BTDT as a passenger)

This like sitting on an airplane waiting to takeoff where they announce a new departure time every 30 minutes, until the pilot finally gives up and announces "they keep giving us a new time, but i really don't have any idea".
And when they finally get clearance, the crew runs out of time, and a new crew comes aboard and starts the whole process over again.

RE "Reopening" there's more!:
Baker announced a "commission" to be chaired by Lt. Gov. Polito that will determine who can reopen and when. Most of the people on the commission are public health types and politicians. The only representative from the retail industry is... a bookshop owner from Nantucket. Hmmm... I wonder how s/he feels about re-opening gun shops and ranges. I think we already know what the public health folks and the politicians will do. Time to call my do-nothing un-opposed-for-re-election state rep.

From that he referenced article:
Virginia Lynchburg Circuit Judge F. Patrick Yeatts says federal and state protections on the right to bear arms outweigh any emergency authority held by Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam to order the gun range closed.

Yeatts, in his ruling. said state law limits the governor’s power to regulate guns even in an emergency. He said Virginia’s Constitution includes language that parallels almost exactly the Second Amendment.

“The Governor appears to argue that, when he declares a state of emergency, he can ignore any law that limits his power, even laws designed to limit his powers in a state of emergency,” Yeatts wrote.

BAMM!

First impressions: their argument is weak. Their only defense to the claim that you can't buy ammunition is that Walmarts are open and selling ammo. This is incredibly foolish given this obvious point of attack... Walmart ends all handgun ammunition sales and asks customers not to carry guns into stores. I suspect the AG knows this (they can't be that stupid, right?) and are simply using this false but plausibly deniable argument to create a contested issue of fact to get the TRO denied.

The worst argument I see (which is not even a legal argument) is that they claim that because crime has not spiked, according to the affidavit of a single police chief, people don't need to be buying guns for self defense. In this argument I see someone's personal, non-legal opinion poking through, and in my opinion it undermines their legal analysis by being so damned silly.

The weakest legal argument is that the gun store closure falls outside the core of 2A because it doesn't prohibit "any category of individuals from using or possessing guns". But we have a lawsuit with named plaintiffs, and it does effectively prohibit those named plaintiffs from buying operable guns. So that's a bad argument. Because some people can still exercise their rights, it's OK that others can't? Not a winning argument.

That said, there are some bad arguments in the Cedrone complaint that are something of a distraction, and they tear those apart pretty well.

That said, there are some bad arguments in the Cedrone complaint that are something of a distraction, and they tear those apart pretty well.

One narrowly written suit by a thoughtful organization. Another broadly written by a hack, making every claim he could dream of, trying to grab glory and gofundme bucks. Who would have thought the second one would have terrible arguments easily torn apart.

So many fallacies:
page 5: Though the Commonwealth remains in the midst of the surge of COVID-19 cases, the data shows that the social distancing measures taken by the State are beginning to flatten the infection curve. See Kobick Aff., Ex. L; Kobick Aff., Ex. U. NEGATIVE there is no causality shown

page 7: Rather, they permit the ongoing lawful usage of guns by those residents who own guns and, at most, temporarily delay acquisition of guns by licensed residents who do not own guns. SO IT IS LEGAL TO DENY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS?

page 11: Thus, there is less necessity for firearms and shotguns that may be used for self-defense during the period of emergency. NOW THE GOVT IS TELLING US WHEN WE CAN EXERCISE OUR RIGHTS?

Just can't do any more of this. Such dross

The worst argument I see (which is not even a legal argument) is that they claim that because crime has not spiked, according to the affidavit of a single police chief, people don't need to be buying guns for self defense.

Your right to self defense is not linked to the rate of crime. This would be like saying your right to free speech is only linked to oppression, and if you're not oppressed you have no right to speak freely.

...it doesn't prohibit "any category of individuals from using or possessing guns"

Well, actually it prohibits a large category of individuals from using and possessing guns. With ranges closed broad spectrums of gun owners are denied their rights, unless the state is saying I can freely use my gun in the back yard. I might be able to use my gun for self defense, but what if I want to use it for something other than killing someone? Further more, while I may have the right to possess a gun, my brother, a non ltc holder, has no path to self defense or hunting and target shooting.

No, if I was going to bet money someone from the cabal called DeLeo up and asked him to assert influence on the governor. Think Angus McQuillicken, or one of those shitheads. Healy is dumber than a sack of hammers, while people like her and DeLeo have the "power" they're not the real shot callers. The ones that hold influence behind the dem curtain are.

ETA: You're going to ask, why would they pick DeLeo and not Mauron? becuase Faker is less likely to ignore someone like DeLeo that can actually cause him political problems.

This may not make sense to you but if you talk to anyone with institutional knowledge of gun control in MA, it ends up making a lot of sense. People like DeLeo and Mauron aren't organic
gun controllers. They're klingons following marching orders from someone further up the food chain, with the idea of a quid pro quo in political support. Healey's AW ban, for example, probably wasn't even written by her originally, probably a template handed down by the cabal or someone in Shitberg's "everytown" etc. That's how this stuff generally works. (although, pieces of shit like Linstain sometimes actually write their own BS, you can tell its his own because it fails politically, lol )

Don't read this as "absolving them of responsibility". It certainly isn't- and they're certainly pieces of shit. My point is more along the lines of, they're not the real architechts of this
bullshit. Others are pulling the strings. Fun example- why do you think every AG MA has had going back to Harshbarger has been a HARD CORE anti? Because the cabal has basically
willed it. That is something they determine. Healey is one of their products. And there will be another equally bad one that will replace her. That person has probably already been
preselected or they have a couple people lined up already.

-Mike
I love this post for so many reasons, but I'm wondering - when you talk about the cabal, do you mean a league of antis? If it's the antis, how do they retain so much influence in the Democrat establishment? Are they just an interest group just like LGBTQ+, or the pro-abortion people, etc.?

Well, actually it prohibits a large category of individuals from using and possessing guns. With ranges closed broad spectrums of gun owners are denied their rights, unless the state is saying I can freely use my gun in the back yard. I might be able to use my gun for self defense, but what if I want to use it for something other than killing someone? Further more, while I may have the right to possess a gun, my brother, a non ltc holder, has no path to self defense or hunting and target shooting.

This isn't a range lawsuit unfortunately. That comes later, hopefully.

As far as LTCs, that's also another lawsuit - and one that gets much easier after an injunction is issued against the gun store closure, I think. I would note that there are towns that are still issuing them to new applicants.

I love this post for so many reasons, but I'm wondering - when you talk about the cabal, do you mean a league of antis? If it's the antis, how do they retain so much influence in the Democrat establishment? Are they just an interest group just like LGBTQ+, or the pro-abortion people, etc.?

There's a small group of country club bigots, mainly in Middlesex County that, going back to at least the early 1970, have been bankrolling, advising and grooming politicians to push their personal anti-gun agenda. Look at the people responsible for Cheryl Jacques' political career and you'll have a good idea who most of them are. They are influential because of the cocktail party a**h*** circuit and fellatiating the Kennedys and Bulgers, metaphorically & literally, back in the era when that mattered to get them into prime lobbying positions.

View: https://twitter.com/2Aupdates/status/1255246997403074564

I thought the transfer portal was shut down?

Last edited:
First impressions: their argument is weak. Their only defense to the claim that you can't buy ammunition is that Walmarts are open and selling ammo.

Unfortunately, last week the Framingham Walmart was selling ammo. Don't recall if it was "rifle / shotgun" ammo only. But we all know that some "rifle" ammo is used by handguns.

Last edited:
Isn’t the AG’s restrictions on firearms based on an assumption of insufficient safety standards. By denying gun owners the ability to have their guns locally inspected, shop for needed parts, and if necessary leave their gun at the shop for repairs, isn’t the Governor creating the conditions for a serious community safety hazard?

Good lord, think of all the poor chil’ren at risk! What does the AG have to say about this? Is it true she is condoning these unsafe conditions?

Last edited:
I believe there is a lgtbqxyz entity or minority somewhere whose rights have been violated by this..so we can only reach the conclusion that AG Healy hates lgtbqxyz entities and minorities because she is willing to violate their/xhe/xim/xit’s rights...

I believe there is a lgtbqxyz entity or minority somewhere whose rights have been violated by this..so we can only reach the conclusion that AG Healy hates lgtbqxyz entities and minorities because she is willing to violate their/xhe/xim/xit’s rights...
The Pink Pistols and the National African America Gun Association have filed Amicus Briefs supporting Comm2A cases before. Healey doesn't care about actually protecting the civil rights of minorities, only keeping up the appearances of doing so to her like minded peers.

This like sitting on an airplane waiting to takeoff where they announce a new departure time every 30 minutes, until the pilot finally gives up and announces "they keep giving us a new time, but i really don't have any idea".

1989 or 90, I was at JFK headed to London. Delay in plane. Gate delay. Runway delay. Problem with a sensor. Back to the gate. Can’t find part. Need a new plane. Wait for plane. Food served. Plane arrives. 8 hours in total. Stuck in plane the whole time.

One Argument for our Side That I haven't heard raised is The Large numbers of Prisoners being released from the Prison systems here and across the Country that we need to defend ourselves from. The Politicians claim all we use our Guns for during the Pandemic is To Beat our Woman and Shoot ourselves with . Sheriff Hodgton was forced to release a whole bunch of illegal Alien Criminals so they don't become Sick out of a prison where not one Case of the Flu had been recorded by the Staff or Criminals , one was in for Murder. The Gun Stores Are Closed and the Prisons Are Open and Emptying out ! WTF

I would hope that the arbitrary and capricious gun shop forced closings would provide additional justification for overturning the Federal ban on interstate handgun purchases. It is clear that with the shop closings in MA, coupled with our inability to complete in-person handgun transfers in NH, the Federal ban on interstate transfers is directly contributing to a de facto ban on handgun purchases for residents of MA.

As much as I would like to see this, it is unlikely given that Dearth/Lane v holder seems to have gone nowhere and SCOTUS basically made the most ass decision possible with Abramski. (Abramski is different, but similarly mind numbing section of federal GCA (straw purchases) that makes absolutely no sense. )

-Mike

Interesting side note. One of the lawyers that signed the memorandum is Gary Klein who is now a special assistant meaning he's not a regular assistant AG. He's now a consultant being paid by the state.
He was the main anti gun policy guy in the AG Office. I wonder how much he's being paid as a consultant?

Last edited:
The bike shop next to my place of business got a freight shipment of like 42 bikes yesterday. He’s doing a booming business and less than a block away from a police station. Are bike shops essential and gun shops/ranges not?

Waher summed it up pretty good, but I'll also add.... think of a bunch of entrenched hardcore "legacy" anti gun dem party hacks/power brokers. The short list includes people like Angus McQuilicken, Cheryl Jacques (rhymes with fakes), then you have people further down like John Rosenthal, Nancy Robinson (they run anti gun orgs in the boston area which changes names seemingly at random) , then you have a bunch of "public health" and "public policy" hacks like David Hemenway (some guy from Harvard) , and a whole bunch of other people. The real web of the cabal is likely expansive enough that it penetrates a lot of parts of the democratic party inside the 95/93 loops particularly, and further beyond. Let's put it this way, there is a reason why basically all dems inside Middlesex, Suffolk, and Norfolk county are pretty much hard core anti gun, and it's not just "cuz they're near the city". It's because the cabal keeps it that way. You could be the second coming of Bernie Sanders "sans anti gun" and you would get screened out. I think it has even penetrated higher offices as well, like where do you think pieces of shit like Ayanna Pressly and Seth Moulton came from? They got picked in part by the cabal either for their anti tendencies or were groomed as such in exchange for political favors.

Admittedly I haven't had time to map out all the changes over the years, and things are considerably different now than they were years ago. Like Waher says, fundraisers, town halls,
shit like that. If you went to enough of them you could probably build a chart. I think there are also other influence peddlers involved (like maybe Kennedy types etc) that aren't strictly
anti gun but are firmly allied with the cabal. Also think various MA government hacks as well as other public office holders like Mayors, etc. Some of the most powerful operatives, however, may be hardest to map.

Someone might say "well, Mike, doesn't this just describe the democratic party?" Partly, yes, but let's put it this way.. the cabal has made being anti gun a cornerstone of whatever the
urban cup democrat/liberal platform is all about. If you, as a political operative, don't meet that sniff test you don't get in the gate. Contrast this with, say "seats of lesser influence" outside the 93/95 belt. Over the years some of those seats in places like central MA have been occupied by either moderate or even relatively pro gun democrats. This is only because, however, the
cabal lacks that kind of influence out here, and democrats have to at least act more populist/moderate in order to beat a republican. The reverse is not true at all in the counties I mentioned
earlier. Dems have a hard lock in those counties so they can pick whoever they want.

People have always asked me what politicians are aligned with them but these days I'm not sure. Some would say people like Linsky and Creem are part of the cabal, and although they may have been helped into office by it, I think their influence going in the other direction is limited because they're both dumber than a sack of hammers. It's a fair bet that the pols in the counties I just mentioned have all been "courted' by various people within the cabal at one point or another.

One time a guy tried to tell me this group of people didn't exist. Go to a gun control hearing at the statehouse. When you show up and are allowed entry to one of the hearing
areas you're probably going to see a bunch of chairs pre-demarcated with anti gun orange shirts from MDA or whoever. This didn't happen because they showed up
early. Someone from shitberg's people called a politician in the cabal, or related to them, and simply "made it so" and set up the shirts for the antis ahead of time or whatever. These antis get a lot of favors, from the inside. And they sure as hell wouldn't be getting them if there wasn't a political payback in the mix somewhere.

-Mike

Unfortunately, last week the Framingham Walmart was selling ammo. Don't recall if it was "rifle / shotgun" ammo only. But we all know that some "rifle" ammo is used by handguns.

Not to deviate but that in itself is a paradox. How one is considered "handgun ammunition" and another "rifle and shotgun". I have quite a number of .22's, .38 special/357 mag, 44special/44 mag, 45 Colts and so on in both handgun and long. Then there are those I don't own like a magnum research 45/70 or the Judge/Governor.

Are bike shops essential and gun shops/ranges not?

Bicycles are considered "transportation", same as cars. A lot of city folks use bikes as basic transportation. Cars are expensive and you need to find a parking space for them. I wouldn't want to be on the T under current conditions, seems like being on that rolling petri dish would be a good way to catch a case of the 'rona.

Not too long ago I was working in downtown Boston and biking in every day. I'd've been screwed if I'd needed a new bike or bike parts or repair and nothing was available.

As for gun shops, yeah, that's a well worn discussion, obviously Maura and her crew are hoping they go bankrupt in the interim and don't reopen. Keeping them closed, especially in light of federal guidelines saying they're supposed to remain open, is arbitrary and capricious.

Bicycles are considered "transportation", same as cars. A lot of city folks use bikes as basic transportation. Cars are expensive and you need to find a parking space for them. I wouldn't want to be on the T under current conditions, seems like being on that rolling petri dish would be a good way to catch a case of the 'rona.

Not too long ago I was working in downtown Boston and biking in every day. I'd've been screwed if I'd needed a new bike or bike parts or repair and nothing was available.

As for gun shops, yeah, that's a well worn discussion, obviously Maura and her crew are hoping they go bankrupt in the interim and don't reopen. Keeping them closed, especially in light of federal guidelines saying they're supposed to remain open, is arbitrary and capricious.

That is an answer I hadn't considered. It makes sense, though I can guarantee that the vast majority of his customers aren't using these for transportation just given the location and customers I see daily. I know the owner, he's a good guy and I'm happy for him. The question was more about the dichotomy of the situation and your response was one I hadn't thought of, so thank you.

Waher summed it up pretty good, but I'll also add.... think of a bunch of entrenched hardcore "legacy" anti gun dem party hacks/power brokers. The short list includes people like Angus McQuilicken, Cheryl Jacques (rhymes with fakes), then you have people further down like John Rosenthal, Nancy Robinson (they run anti gun orgs in the boston area which changes names seemingly at random) , then you have a bunch of "public health" and "public policy" hacks like David Hemenway (some guy from Harvard) , and a whole bunch of other people. The real web of the cabal is likely expansive enough that it penetrates a lot of parts of the democratic party inside the 95/93 loops particularly, and further beyond. Let's put it this way, there is a reason why basically all dems inside Middlesex, Suffolk, and Norfolk county are pretty much hard core anti gun, and it's not just "cuz they're near the city". It's because the cabal keeps it that way. You could be the second coming of Bernie Sanders "sans anti gun" and you would get screened out. I think it has even penetrated higher offices as well, like where do you think pieces of shit like Ayanna Pressly and Seth Moulton came from? They got picked in part by the cabal either for their anti tendencies or were groomed as such in exchange for political favors.

Admittedly I haven't had time to map out all the changes over the years, and things are considerably different now than they were years ago. Like Waher says, fundraisers, town halls,
shit like that. If you went to enough of them you could probably build a chart. I think there are also other influence peddlers involved (like maybe Kennedy types etc) that aren't strictly
anti gun but are firmly allied with the cabal. Also think various MA government hacks as well as other public office holders like Mayors, etc. Some of the most powerful operatives, however, may be hardest to map.

Someone might say "well, Mike, doesn't this just describe the democratic party?" Partly, yes, but let's put it this way.. the cabal has made being anti gun a cornerstone of whatever the
urban cup democrat/liberal platform is all about. If you, as a political operative, don't meet that sniff test you don't get in the gate. Contrast this with, say "seats of lesser influence" outside the 93/95 belt. Over the years some of those seats in places like central MA have been occupied by either moderate or even relatively pro gun democrats. This is only because, however, the
cabal lacks that kind of influence out here, and democrats have to at least act more populist/moderate in order to beat a republican. The reverse is not true at all in the counties I mentioned
earlier. Dems have a hard lock in those counties so they can pick whoever they want.

People have always asked me what politicians are aligned with them but these days I'm not sure. Some would say people like Linsky and Creem are part of the cabal, and although they may have been helped into office by it, I think their influence going in the other direction is limited because they're both dumber than a sack of hammers. It's a fair bet that the pols in the counties I just mentioned have all been "courted' by various people within the cabal at one point or another.

One time a guy tried to tell me this group of people didn't exist. Go to a gun control hearing at the statehouse. When you show up and are allowed entry to one of the hearing
areas you're probably going to see a bunch of chairs pre-demarcated with anti gun orange shirts from MDA or whoever. This didn't happen because they showed up
early. Someone from shitberg's people called a politician in the cabal, or related to them, and simply "made it so" and set up the shirts for the antis ahead of time or whatever. These antis get a lot of favors, from the inside. And they sure as hell wouldn't be getting them if there wasn't a political payback in the mix somewhere.

-Mike

That makes sense. I've often wondered where the level of irrationality around guns in MA comes from. Seth Moulton at one time seemed like a relatively moderate guy competing in a relatively moderate district. He did serve in Iraq after all. Then he went hardcore anti, out of the blue.

I do think there's a similar cabal of clowns rising up around transportation policy. The way they're pushing all the money towards useless crap like bike lanes and choo choo trains instead of widening highways is pretty nuts.

Back
Top Bottom