Comm2A, SAF, GOAL and FPC file against Baker admin on shop closures

Comm2A

Director Comm2a
Dealer
NES Member
Comm2A, SAF, GOAL and FPC has just filed against Baker admin on shop closures. More to follow but here is the Comm2A press release.

Today Comm2A joined by partners Second Amendment Foundation, Firearms Policy Coalition, and Gun Owners Action League filed suit against several Massachusetts officials and police chiefs over the Commonwealth's closure of businesses selling firearms and ammunition. The Commonwealth's actions effectively prevent Massachusetts residents from engaging in constitutionality protected conduct at a time when the need for person protection could become most acute.

In our complaint, Comm2A and our partners seek a declaratory judgement that COVID-19 Executive Orders 13 & 19 violate the Second and Fourteenth Amendments to the US Constitution. We further seek to enjoin defendants from enforcing provisions of the executive orders that prohibit the purchase and sale of firearms and ammunition.

Comm2A and its partners are represented by attorneys Jason Guida, Steven J. Foley, and David Jensen.

ETA: Attached complaint.

Attachments

• US_DIS_MAD_1_20cv10701_COMPLAINT_against_All_Defendants_Filing_fee_400_re.pdf
    442.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Excellent.

If Baker loses, can the ruling apply to any future executive actions that close gun shops?

And, adding insult to injury, Baker will probably just re-open gun shops in a few weeks before the slow wheels of justice rules on this in the summer of 2023.

Comm2A, SAF, GOAL and FPC has just filed against Baker admin on shop closures. More to follow but here is the Comm2A press release.

Today Comm2A joined by partners Second Amendment Foundation, Firearms Policy Coalition, and Gun Owners Action League filed suit against several Massachusetts officials and police chiefs over the Commonwealth's closure of businesses selling firearms and ammunition. The Commonwealth's actions effectively prevent Massachusetts residents from engaging in constitutionality protected conduct at a time when the need for person protection could become most acute.

In our complaint, Comm2A and our partners seek a declaratory judgement that COVID-19 Executive Orders 13 & 19 violate the Second and Fourteenth Amendments to the US Constitution. We further seek to enjoin defendants from enforcing provisions of the executive orders that prohibit the purchase and sale of firearms and ammunition.

Comm2A and its partners are represented by attorneys Jason Guida, Steven J. Foley, and David Jensen.
Boom!

I feel like I never see the NRA-ILF doing much here. FPC, goal and comm2a of course, and I think even nssf, but I don't remember the NRA doing battle for us
NSSF??? OK... I don't agree with that one. And NRA supports all of us in various ways. ILA specifically.

Back
Top Bottom