• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A, SAF, GOAL and FPC file against Baker admin on shop closures

I don't think anyone is claiming it actually is happening. However, they've used MIRCS info to nail dealers for being naughty in the past (e.g. transferring off-roster guns a la Tite Group Sporting) so it's not much of a stretch to assume they'd do the same in this case.

There are already rumors floating around that EOPS/CJIS (or the AGs office? IIRC they have a path into the system now) have already been using it to harass MA dealers (using local PD threatening to suspend licenses as the "stick") doing transfers during this "lockdown". It would be trivially easy for them to set up some kind of a function that shows them any dealer based MIRCS/EFA10 activity. I have not been able to get full verification on the stories I am hearing, though. I do know these tales have caused other dealers to start keeping their heads down out of an abundance of caution.

-Mike

The last thing we need is rumors. Don't even entertaintain discussing. It just needs to stop, or it will persist. Just go back and delete all references.
Well one of them is an FFL that claims it happened to him. Otherwise I would have dismissed it as complete bullshit.

There are already rumors floating around that EOPS/CJIS (or the AGs office? IIRC they have a path into the system now) have already been using it to harass MA dealers (using local PD threatening to suspend licenses as the "stick") doing transfers during this "lockdown". It would be trivially easy for them to set up some kind of a function that shows them any dealer based MIRCS/EFA10 activity. I have not been able to get full verification on the stories I am hearing, though. I do know these tales have caused other dealers to start keeping their heads down out of an abundance of caution.

-Mike

The last thing we need is rumors. Don't even entertaintain discussing. It just needs to stop, or it will persist. Just go back and delete all references.

It's not rumors. You are making an assumption that this is fear mongering and rumors. That is an assumption by you and not a good one.

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 1.11.48 PM.png

Just read the last paragraph. That is in case they don't know how to pull the same report themselves out of MIRCS. YES, transactions are being monitored and YES words are being said to dealers regarding tracking of their transactions.

The state has gone full retard on the anti-gun agenda
  1. no loans for firearms businesses having grouped us with real-estate speculation, ponzi schemes, strip clubs, and illegal drug dens.
  2. non-essential designation
  3. Nasty letter to all chiefs of police telling them to monitor transactions
  4. Nasty letter to all trainers telling them no classes, even by video
One good, focused, well written lawsuit filed by comm2a. One truly horribly written, unfocused, throw the kitchen sink at them suit filed by someone chasing "likes". Hopefully the former gets heard and not the latter.

Why did the second suit
1) mention abortions
2) care about changes to the executive order
3) make 97,000 different claims, closures, training, ranges

What about focused suits with a single purpose to get a decision we need as opposed to lots of random crap so that a court can focus on the crap and ignore what matters?

One good, focused, well written lawsuit filed by comm2a. One truly horribly written, unfocused, throw the kitchen sink at them suit filed by someone chasing "likes". Hopefully the former gets heard and not the latter.

Why did the second suit
1) mention abortions

What about focused suits with a single purpose to get a decision we need as opposed to lots of random crap so that a court can focus on the crap and ignore what matters?

Maybe we need to flood GOA's Facebook/Twitter telling them this and asking them to drop the suit?

It's not rumors. You are making an assumption that this is fear mongering and rumors. That is an assumption by you and not a good one.

View attachment 347417

Just read the last paragraph. That is in case they don't know how to pull the same report themselves out of MIRCS. YES, transactions are being monitored and YES words are being said to dealers regarding tracking of their transactions.

The state has gone full retard on the anti-gun agenda
  1. no loans for firearms businesses having grouped us with real-estate speculation, ponzi schemes, strip clubs, and illegal drug dens.
  2. non-essential designation
  3. Nasty letter to all chiefs of police telling them to monitor transactions
  4. Nasty letter to all trainers telling them no classes, even by video

Why did the second suit
1) mention abortions

Regarding your points about the GOA suit:

1. The mention about abortions is just to frame their constitutional argument against another constitutional right that is widely accepted by the courts. Don't read anymore than that into it.

2. Highlighting the changes to the EO tends to demonstrate that there is a high likelihood that the Commonwealth is biased against guns and the gun industry. The first iteration of the EO parroted the Federal guidance and the second iteration did not.

3. I share some concern, like you, about possibly putting too much into one lawsuit. The retail closures, inhibiting ANY training and closing gun ranges does cover a lot of ground. On the other hand, it also serves to demonstrate the broad overreach of Faker Baker's EO. I suspect that the groups that are behind both lawsuits are talking about this behind the scenes. Frankly, I was slightly disappointed that the Comm2A/SAF/GOAL/etc group did NOT address range closures, either in their current action or in a second action. Then again, maybe they are working on that behind the scenes as well.

GunRunner is running a huge FU to the state. If they put it on the FRONT PAGE of the Taw'n Guzzle-ette, it must be news. (And this is a pretty liberal paper. Like BAD!)

I wish I was in a place to give his shop some support, but his carmudgeony attitude is going to give him issues.

I would have focused at not having a choice because he's ineligible for relief.

I wish I was in a place to give his shop some support, but his carmudgeony attitude is going to give him issues.

I would have focused at not having a choice because he's ineligible for relief.

I first got my license during the Curmudgeon Era. LOL. So it doesn't affect me AS MUCH. Today's kinder/gentler/friendlier gun shops are foreign to me. 20 years ago, the only "nice" gun shop I really knew was FS. The small shops were owned by old guys who were frustrated you were there. LOL

To be honest, I gotta take care of the ones that are nearer to me. The one in the center of Taunton (I forget the name) is a great place. I just don't buy enough guns anymore. LOL

And here I thought I was the only one that either didn't get to 0Hour or didn't find them spectacular.

Tough call. I'll have to actually spend some time in there some night when this COVfefe is over and check them out. Seemed like nice people.

Worcester T&G article about the second suit.... with extensive interview...

I've got a strongly negative opinion I'm going to largely keep to myself for now since I've already made the point earlier.

Motion for TRO and PI was filed yesterday.

Hearing is scheduled for May 4.

Mostly just venting here. It is extremely frustrating that the hearing date is over 2 weeks out, but if this case implicated some other right that wasn't so disfavored by the courts it would likely be fast-tracked and heard as quickly as humanly possible.

Mostly just venting here. It is extremely frustrating that the hearing date is over 2 weeks out, but if this case implicated some other right that wasn't so disfavored by the courts it would likely be fast-tracked and heard as quickly as humanly possible.
Seriously. Where's our emergency stay?

I realize that LGS need to earn whatever they can, but they should tell LE to pound sand. This two sets of rules shit has to stop.
I'd really like to see gun stores and ranges ban LEOs when they're prohibited of providing the same services to regular folks. But I do understand sometimes why they don't.....
So is a retired LEOSA Credential able to purchase/transfer?
I'm sure some will be considered more equal than others.

Back
Top Bottom