• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A, SAF, GOAL and FPC file against Baker admin on shop closures

I contacted a small LGS to see if he could do a transfer by appointment. Told me he can not run MIRCS.

It's not that he can't run it, theres a bunch of generalized fear circulating that shops that do so will "out themselves" and expose themselves to
attention from the state for operating during the "ban". It's probably hot garbage...

-Mike

Kudos to all of you that donated as a result of this thread. Now one more ask:

Many of you are not green members. Open your wallet and find $21 for the year. Without this forum we would not have the lightning fast communication we have as well as the camaraderie and support.

#SupportNES #GoGreen

So if you wanted to buy something MA compliant in NH and register it on the portal, you'll be flagged?
No, MIRCS is for gun shops. You would do a eFA10 which as far as I know still working. No idea if anyone is paying more attention to those these days. Might be an alarm bell in Healy’s office that goes off. Course someone might wonder why you’re driving to NH buying guns when you should be home. LOL

Mgl Part 1 title 2, chapter 17, section 2a.
It's very, very broad.
It is very broad...But I just looked at the DPRMA constitution, Part the Second, Chapter II, EXECUTIVE POWER. Section I The Governor

I could not find where the power exists to do shut down private establishments. If it did exist it would probably be found in Article XII but that primarily deals with use of National Guard when dealing with rebellion, invasions etc.

The thing I cannot understand is, if a constitution is not amended following the prescribed process, how can the government simply create laws giving it more power?

Amending a constitution is intentionally hard, but that is no excuse for inventing new powers outside the established process.

Baker was just asked about this during news conference (4/10/2020 approx 3:25pm).

He said he's already answered this several times and that he believes they made the right decision and he won't otherwise comment on issues before the court.

Unrelated comment watching the conference:
Baker looks exhausted. He's stumbling over words. He's getting agitated too.

Talk about an End-Run on the Constitution. De facto ending of the 2nd Amendment by ensuring no new gun owners or, ranges to shoot for those who currently own...
Shuttering gun shops and ranges accomplishes this.

Exactly.

Unfortunately the state of emergency will be long over before this is heard.

Bob

This needs to happen. Let comm2a handle this. This other suit could screw things up.

fortunately I don’t live in Massachusetts, but if I did I’d be skepticl of any group that hired Jason Guida because of this

when guida ran the firearms record bureau he ran it with an anti gun bias.

but I wish my brothers in arms in Massachusetts the very best of luck. I trust GOA to do the right thing so I just sent them a donation.

From that ATF letter to FFL’s:

Guidance documents, like this industry letter, are not binding and lack the force and effect of law, unless expressly authorized by statute or expressly incorporated into a contract, grant, or cooperative agreement.

Which is a good thing.

A lot of what is accepted as regulation or law is really guidances or suggestions.

Guidance documents, like this industry letter, are not binding and lack the force and effect of law, unless expressly authorized by statute or expressly incorporated into a contract, grant, or cooperative agreement.
But they do provide a basis for an entrapment by estoppel defense, and increase the chances of getting a "cut it out" rather than "indictment" if the ATF changes its mind. The sad sage of the Atkins accelerator is a demonstration of this. I believe the guy behind Maadi-Grifith was hammered because he reacted with "my interpretation is different that yours, I will continue my operation" rather than "ok" when told to cut the shit by the ATF. The disagreement was over what amount of parts and/or state of completion made what he was selling a gun. He rolled the dice, argued his case in court, and lost.

Last edited:
fortunately I don’t live in Massachusetts, but if I did I’d be skepticl of any group that hired Jason Guida because of this

when guida ran the firearms record bureau he ran it with an anti gun bias.

but I wish my brothers in arms in Massachusetts the very best of luck. I trust GOA to do the right thing so I just sent them a donation.
That is not a fair criticism. When you are employed as an attorney you are an advocate. Most proficient criminal defense attorneys were prosecutors at some point. If there was any doubt, Jason has proven himself many times as an advocate for gun owners.

That is not a fair criticism. When you are employed as an attorney you are an advocate. Most proficient criminal defense attorneys were prosecutors at some point. If there was any doubt, Jason has proven himself many times as an advocate for gun owners.

Read the case. Simkin didn't break the law. The decision to revoke the license was Guida's. Similar to a town's police chief revoking a residents license for something similar. Most on this board would call that town chief anti-gun. Guida is anti-gun and I remain highly skeptical of COMM 2A and the other groups involved in this. OF all the attorneys in Massachusetts, they picked one who ran the firearms record bureau with an anti-gun bias.

But, as I said above, I wish my brothers in arms in Massachusetts the very best. But my donations will go to GOA.

Jason helped my brother with his LTC due to some stuff that happened it the distant past. With a letter from Guida in hand etc his process went as smoothly as it can in Mass. LTC no restrictions. I don't know him or his past but from what I hear he was very helpful and courteous, couldn't ask anymore from him.

Kudos to all of you that donated as a result of this thread. Now one more ask:

Many of you are not green members. Open your wallet and find $21 for the year. Without this forum we would not have the lightning fast communication we have as well as the camaraderie and support.

#SupportNES #GoGreen
Oooops, let it lapse. Fixed.

Last edited:
Read the case. Simkin didn't break the law. The decision to revoke the license was Guida's. Similar to a town's police chief revoking a residents license for something similar. Most on this board would call that town chief anti-gun. Guida is anti-gun and I remain highly skeptical of COMM 2A and the other groups involved in this. OF all the attorneys in Massachusetts, they picked one who ran the firearms record bureau with an anti-gun bias.

But, as I said above, I wish my brothers in arms in Massachusetts the very best. But my donations will go to GOA.
Attorneys are paid to represent the interest of their client, not their personal opinion. I don't know if the decision was his or not and, if it was, if he was given marching orders.

In the time we have used his services at Comm2A he has never done anything to cause us to question his dedication to represent the interest of the organization, his client. It's sort of like Tom Brady moving to Tampa and running touchdowns against the Patriots. If you were owning or coaching the Tampa team would you be suspicious of Tom giving his best effort in a game against the Patriots because he previously represented their interest?

He is a skilled professional; knows how things work; honest and very competent. Some would argue those are rare qualities in an attorney :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom