• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A Receives Tax Exempt Status

Comm2A

Director Comm2a
Dealer
NES Member
After more than a year we finally have our determination letter from the IRS. Comm2A is now officially a tax-exempt public charity. [cheers]

Comm2A

Boston, MA, November 8, 2011 – Commonwealth Second Amendment (Comm2A) announced today that it has been granted 501(c)(3) tax exempt status by the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The IRS has classified Comm2A as a public charity, meaning that contributions to the organization are tax deductible.

Comm2A was created to promote a better understanding of the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and to defend the civil rights of Massachusetts gun owners. Comm2A’s activities include public and legal education as well as legal action projects.

Brent Carlton, President and co-founder of Comm2A, said: “The granting of public charity status by the IRS represents an important milestone in the development of Comm2A and will allow us to devote significantly more resources towards supporting our mission. Reforming the laws, customs and practices relative to firearms ownership and regulation is a long term endeavor. Receiving 501(c)(3) status is critical for our on-going efforts as it greatly expand the opportunities for others to contribute to our work.

About Commonwealth Second Amendment

Commonwealth Second Amendment (www.comm2a.org) is a 501(c)(3) grass-roots, public benefit, non-profit, organization dedicated to promoting a better understanding of rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. Our activities include educational programs designed to promote a better understanding of Massachusetts and Federal firearms laws and rights as well as programs to defend and protect the civil rights of Massachusetts gun owners. Comm2A was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.

For more information visit us at: http://www.comm2a.org/go/45yd, follow us on Twitter (@Comm2A) or like us on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/comm2a).

Nice to actually get great news once in a while. Congrats.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

OUTFINGSTANDING!!!!!! Great work guys. Now lets get folks here to pony up. Just an idea, can we add a extra box to the NES renewal that states 'contribute to Comm2A" Like Midway USA does for the NRA. It would be a friendly reminder. Just a thought. I don't have many but heck I try. Just to celebrate I am sending another donation as soon as I finish this post.!!!!! Again great work !!!!!!!

OK folks, It took me a grand total of 38 seconds to make a donation. Help out, donate a buck if that's all you can afford. We all need to help this organization out.

Last edited:
The "Effective Date of Exemption:" is June19, 2010, the date we incorporated.

That's great news! Those of us who contributed to the "Reloaders Defense Fund" so you could help that unfortunate victim (of the police) in Lowell should be able to take the deduction on this year's taxes, right?

As I recall, enough was contributed that you guys actually asked people to stop sending money because you had received enough to cover your costs! [laugh]

That's great news! Those of us who contributed to the "Reloaders Defense Fund" so you could help that unfortunate victim (of the police) in Lowell should be able to take the deduction on this year's taxes, right?
That's my understanding, but I'd advise you to consult a qualified tax professional for a final answer.

As I recall, enough was contributed that you guys actually asked people to stop sending money because you had received enough to cover your costs! [laugh][/QUOTE]Actually, we (more than) met our objective for the project.

That's my understanding, but I'd advise you to consult a qualified tax professional for a final answer.

As I recall, enough was contributed that you guys actually asked people to stop sending money because you had received enough to cover your costs! [laugh]
Actually, we (more than) met our objective for the project.

At the time. The extra got sucked up eventually in new costs.

Back
Top Bottom