Comm2A - Lawsuit filed against Everett Police Chief

I will not comment on the case other than to say the counsel Comm2A has retained has treated us fairly, honestly and ethically.

And this doesn't surprise me one bit!

Even though Jason and I were on opposite sides of numerous issues during his tenure at FRB, I ALWAYS found him to be honest and ethical in his dealings with me. That is why I respected the man, regardless of his position. Some can't do it, but I always try to separate the issues from the person . . . and thus not lose respect for the person just because we disagree on something.

I don't think this particular case would be anywhere near as effective with any other attorney. When the chief starts to blow smoke up the judge's ass blaming it all on the state, Jason will politely put him in his place and the judge will have to listen since Jason "was the state" that the chief is trying to pin the blame!

NOTE: This is NOT MCOPA! And nothing on the Everett chief's LinkedIn page indicates that he's an MCOPA member.

This is NOT MCOPA as Len states. It IS on his LinkedIn page. [thinking]

The LinkedIn page.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/steven-a-mazzie/30/496/3b8

Chief Mazzie.png

He writes:

Steven A Mazzie's Organizations
Massachusetts Major City Chiefs

President
January 2011 to Present

Professional executive law enforcement organization working to provide leadership within and advance the policing profession in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

That shows the association to this site:

http://massmajorcitychiefs.com/about.html

http://massmajorcitychiefs.com/organization.html

Last edited:
And this doesn't surprise me one bit!

Even though Jason and I were on opposite sides of numerous issues during his tenure at FRB, I ALWAYS found him to be honest and ethical in his dealings with me. That is why I respected the man, regardless of his position. Some can't do it, but I always try to separate the issues from the person . . . and thus not lose respect for the person just because we disagree on something.

I don't think this particular case would be anywhere near as effective with any other attorney. When the chief starts to blow smoke up the judge's ass blaming it all on the state, Jason will politely put him in his place and the judge will have to listen since Jason "was the state" that the chief is trying to pin the blame!

Exactly, this is the type of case I was hoping Jason would take on as soon as I read about him switching sides in Rob's new lawyer thread. Hopefully this is just the beginning, he holds a lot of power in the courtroom with his background.

In another thread someone just posted they got their license from everett this morning after 1 yr, 1 day.

That's disgusting.

Since Everett is green, presumably the LTC was unrestricted, so it's still not as bad as what some have to endure.

While this action is on behalf of a single individual, that is not our purpose in bringing it. We could easily expend all our resources hiring lawyers to chase their tails around the district courts on behalf of individuals without ever changing anything.

Our intent here is, and always has been, to engage in purposeful and strategic litigation designed to move the needle for everyone. This case is not about a single aggrieved individual, or even a single chief who refuses to follow the law. It's part of a plan to fix the problem.

I think this post sums up nicely why Comm2A will truly make a difference in MA. You guys are a great team and a force to be reckoned with!

Last edited:
NOTE: This is NOT MCOPA! And nothing on the Everett chief's LinkedIn page indicates that he's an MCOPA member.

There's a link to the MCOPA website on his page, and if you go to the "2012 Membership Directory" link on that site, he's listed as the following...

2012 MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY

Regional & LEC Association Presidents

Major City Chiefs Steven A. Mazzie, Everett

MA Law Enforcement Torch Run Steven A. Mazzie, Everett

Liaison to State Witness Steven Mazzie, Everett
Protection Board

2012 Active Chiefs

Everett
Chief Steven A. Mazzie
45 Elm Street
Everett, MA 02149
(617) 394-2365

Last edited:
This is NOT MCOPA as Len states. It IS on his LinkedIn page. [thinking]

That's my fault for not posting all the info in my original post.

There's is a link to the MCOPA website there, and his membership affiliation is listed on that site.

I just checked the cities in that chiefs assoc. against our green/ red town list. Everett is listed as green, that might need to be changed. Also that whole area is shown up as red towns, and they are part of that assoc. of chiefs. That indicates to me that it is planned effort to deprive citizens of thier civil rights. If that could be proved then that assoc could be in deep shit.

The color coding has nothing to do with time or delay, only Restrictions.

Applied 5/21/12 in Everett have contacted them 4 times and gotten the same answer each time. "It's being held up in fingerprinting and background checks"
I told the good folks at Comm2A about my situation about 2 or 3 weeks ago and was overjoyed when I got the email from them late wed. night which followed the article 2 days before in the Herald!
I made a donation right away and joined this sight!

I'm confused... Have been away for a bit, but last I checked Guida was a HUGE part of the problem and PoS that caused the FA-10 problems, and many other??

Now he's "on our side"? And Comm2A is paying him?? Point me in the right direction please?!

Last edited:
I'm confused... Have been away for a bit, but last I checked Guida was a HUGE part of the problem and PoS that caused the FA-15 problems, and many other??

Now he's "on our side"? And Comm2A is paying him?? Point me in the right direction please?!

FA-10s

Guida used to work for the other side but recently went private and is working with gun owners. Who else better to fight against the other side than someone who is intimate with them,

The plaintiff is looking to get his LTC in a timely manner. Comm2A is looking for the court to force a chief to get his act together and handle licensing in a timely manner. The fact that a regular joe can't afford to fight these things is exactly why Comm2A is funding the suit. If this goes as planned and the court forces the Everett PD to respect the 40 day limit, guess what happens then. Any regular Joe who's being jerked around can call up his chief and say, "Look, the last guy who pulled this crap got his ass handed to him in court. Maybe you should issue my license before I have to sue you."

It may force chiefs to get their act together but the reality is there that you could get a denial in a timely manner as well.

For the record i think the lawsuit is a good thing and its baby steps. But until the chiefs denial power (by that i mean b ramming as well) is brought to court. Then the potential for abuses still exist.

Last edited:
I'm confused... Have been away for a bit, but last I checked Guida was a HUGE part of the problem and PoS that caused the FA-10 problems, and many other??

I know, mistyped, already corrected.

So he goes from being large problem for us to working for us overnight just like that?? [confused]

Here's the instant replay...
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/176082-New-firearms-attorney?highlight=guida

I was admittedly skeptical when I heard this, but a good lawyer can argue the law from either side despite the politics. Adams took a lot of shit for defending the Boston Massacre Brits but nobody can deny that he went on to become instrumental to the cause. If Guida can use what he learned while working for the other side to make himself more successful working on ours then it's a win for the good guys. (It would seem he's already doing that with the Everett case.)

Last edited:

He used to work for the FRB and now he's in a private practice. You should stop bashing him so damn much, he's been incredibly helpful through this whole process, constantly calling and ensuring I'm updated on every step of the way.

He is a great attorney and you should stop focusing on the fact that he used to work for the FRB, he now he works for us.

He used to work for the FRB and now he's in a private practice. You should stop bashing him so damn much, he's been incredibly helpful through this whole process, constantly calling and ensuring I'm updated on every step of the way.

He is a great attorney and you should stop focusing on the fact that he used to work for the FRB, he now he works for us.

Agree.

Ok. Well this is the only time I've asked. The bad taste of the E-FA10 argument and having to walk people through the daunting task of arguing to get a paper FA-10 is still fresh for me, and I come back to see this love fest of the root cause and wanted to be brought up to speed.

Carry on then.

Back
Top Bottom