Comm2A - Lawsuit filed against Everett Police Chief

http://comm2a.org/news

A potentially precedent setting lawsuit will be filed in District Court tomorrow against the Chief of Police of Everett, Massachusetts for failure to comply with the law. The petition states that the Police Department failed to adhere to M.G.L. c.140 § 131 by ignoring the plaintiff's application for a license to carry and therefore deprived the plaintiff of his right to administrative due process. The law states that "the licensing authority shall, within 40 days from the date of application, either approve the application and issue the license or deny the application and notify the applicant of the reason for such denial in writing."

"My client, Mr. Johnathan Grover, has not been either issued a license or denied in writing as required by the law," said Attorney Jason A. Guida. "We filed a suit to demand that the Police simply follow the law."

Go Comm2A! Nice to see them tackling the ridiculous licensing delays in this state.

Could police depts that are backed up simply issue a denial on the 40th day so that they are in compliance with the law?

MGL c140 s131 said:
The licensing authority shall, within 40 days from the date of application, either approve the application and issue the license or deny the application and notify the applicant of the reason for such denial in writing

I doubt "40 days ran out" would be a good reason for denial.

You guys suck. Just sent $ to SAF now gotta scrape some more together for another donation to Comm2A.

Luckily the wife gets paid Friday and she worked a few hours of OT last week!

I read the story about Doug that's some messed up sht going on in mass. Our fore fathers are rolling over in their graves shaking their heads at how molested and torn apart our bill of rights have become. We are no longer we the people it's we the pawns to whatever our dear government wants. It would make no difference if the revolutionary war never happened because we've reversed back 200 years to the same laws we broke away from England to escape.

Which users on NES are part of comm2a?
The current Comm2A board is comprised of:
Knuckle Dragger [grin]
terraformer
Rob Boudrie
kimmie1911
derek

I'll just point out that this is the first time we've initiated an action in state court. That means that this is NOT a federal 1983 civil rights complaint and we will have no opportunity to recover attorneys fees if we prevail. This one is entirely on us. So, in case anyone forgot the link.

Wish I had been paying attention, I would have been another great case, it took just about 11 months to get my LTC A. Glad to see this happening.

*EDIT* I'm in Medford

Last edited:
I don't live in mass but once I get my settlement from a negligent driver suit I plan on making a decent donation to comm2a because its absurd how law abiding citizens are treated in mass.

That is fantastic! Comm2a will get a donation from me tomorrow!

To be honest, we need everything we can get now. We are coming into a period of high activity and a lot of this is on our backs. We won't be getting help from the national orgs on a few of the cases we are dealing with in the near future. Anything and everything we can get in the way of support is vital to us executing on these plans. Additionally, we really need people to spread the word about Comm2A and get other gun owners aware of the work we are doing.

Thanks all.

Good.jpg

Had to add this over on this post as well

Back
Top Bottom