• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A - Lawsuit filed against Everett Police Chief

Wait. So all I have to do is file suits on behalf of "clients" when there is clearly a breach of law, and people will send me money?

"I will file suit in behalf of anyone who has ha this same offense committed against them. Just send me $5 a month."

I support what Comm2a is doing here, even though the waste of tax dollars on the case will suck. But a private lawyer could do this, and probably not take as much from one client as Comm2a will spend since it all comes from you guys.

huh?

Wait. So all I have to do is file suits on behalf of "clients" when there is clearly a breach of law, and people will send me money?

"I will file suit in behalf of anyone who has ha this same offense committed against them. Just send me $5 a month."

I support what Comm2a is doing here, even though the waste of tax dollars on the case will suck. But a private lawyer could do this, and probably not take as much from one client as Comm2a will spend since it all comes from you guys.

Interesting perspective and although I will agree there are times where the spending of Comm2A's dollars is not appropriate, this is not one of them. Realize that our goal is to empower local/private attorneys to file these suits on their own. How we do that is both blaze the trail and enable §1983 claims against the towns. This is step one in that process.

I think you're woefully underestimating the value that Comm2A brings to the table in terms of long term legal strategy and tactics for gun owners in MA... not to mention the org is basically run by volutneers. I don't think anyone is taking a salary, and all the people running it are gun owners here, and they're all members of this board.

Not to mention they got the alienage ban overturned in MA. (Until Comm2A intervened, folks with green cards- lawful resident aliens- could not get LTCs in MA!) That speaks for itself, that is what we call a "big ****ing deal"- when you're the first group to throat punch the state of MA, that tends to mean a lot. It took a lot of skill, strategy and planning to pull that off.

-Mike

if you were really anti stupid as your sig line states you would just keep your mouth shut.

Interesting perspective and although I will agree there are times where the spending of Comm2A's dollars is not appropriate, this is not one of them. Realize that our goal is to empower local/private attorneys to file these suits on their own. How we do that is both blaze the trail and enable §1983 claims against the towns. This is step one in that process.

This. Once precedent is on our side, these actions will become a slam dunk. Also, once the precedent exists, the qualified immunity of state/local officials is in jeopardy. That means they can be sued in their *personal capacity*. In other words, the infringing chief himself is on the hook, not just the town. Once chiefs have to put up their own cash to settle these suits, the game changes completely.

Do this trial should be taking place in about....a year? That's what I figure after going through the mass court system with my hearing. Glad to see this progress though. The law needs also to follow the law.

Just sent a small donation. (hard before Christmas. Just spent alot of money renewing club memberships and getting a MA LTC.)

I will be making a better donation and more often once the new year rolls around.

if you were really anti stupid as your sig line states you would just keep your mouth shut.

That flew 20 ft above your head. He was ssuggesting a possible cost savings to a group he recognizes as important.

Same goal, same effect, less money sort of thing. But getting the name behind the punisher will strike fear for effect. I just hope its good for us.

I'm not anti gun, I'm anti stupid.

I don't believe either premise.

And last time I checked, Guida was a private lawyer. He's also an expensive one, which is probably why Dre needed Comm2A's help retaining him.

I don't believe either premise.

And last time I checked, Guida was a private lawyer. He's also an expensive one, which is probably why Dre needed Comm2A's help retaining him.

Hourly rate isn't the only factor in how much litigation will cost. The number of hours it takes to accomplish a given task is the other side of the equation. I'm sure Everett's first excuse is going to be blaming the delay on the state. Guida is uniquely qualified to slap down that argument.

Hourly rate isn't the only factor in how much litigation will cost. The number of hours it takes to accomplish a given task is the other side of the equation. I'm sure Everett's first excuse is going to be blaming the delay on the state. Guida is uniquely qualified to slap down that argument.

My point being that our donations to Comm2A made it possible for a "regular Joe" to afford someone with the unique qualifications to tackle this case.

My point being that our donations to Comm2A made it possible for a "regular Joe" to afford someone with the unique qualifications to tackle this case.

Oh, absolutely. I was just trying to head off any complaining about using such an 'expensive lawyer'.

I had a friend tell me he was told that the state is backed up on LTC's and trade licenses, suggesting the two are somehow related. The state as a whole is backed up was the bogus point he was being told by his local licensing authority.

Can some msg me? Im trying to up my monthly donation amount to Comm2A on Paypal and i cant figure it out. Anyone know how to change the recurring amount?

I think you have to cancel the current one and start a new one at the higher amount.

Oh, absolutely. I was just trying to head off any complaining about using such an 'expensive lawyer'.

Trying not to derail this thread, but this action will do a lot to publicize and help further the financial futures of both Comm2A as well as Mr. Guida. And, I might add that the support is well deserved.

Bingo. All the Bullshit excuses are cut off at the get-go.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a friend tell me he was told that the state is backed up on LTC's and trade licenses, suggesting the two are somehow related. The state as a whole is backed up was the bogus point he was being told by his local licensing authority.

Well, I could see where the issuance of trade licenses would be handled by the criminal records board, union thuggery and all....

I'll be following with interest this case. Glad to hear it's coming up for review and hopefully favorable judgement. Comm2A is a worth and important organization.

Cant see any connection between a ltc and a trade lic, but I have both an unrestricted construction supervisor lic and a plumbing lic that where both delayed by a couple of months this summer when I renewed. Caused me some trouble bidding on jobs, the customer would get online and my lic would show expired.

flintoid:2737267 said:

That flew 20 ft above your head. He was ssuggesting a possible cost savings to a group he recognizes as important.

Same goal, same effect, less money sort of thing. But getting the name behind the punisher will strike fear for effect. I just hope its good for us.
i hear what you're saying....but i factored in the contrarian nature of a lot of his posts while reading that.....mho is that we will get the best bang for our buck by pooling resources. we have already witnessed how (un)successfully the individual battles have played out in courtrooms across mass. if it costs a little more to increase our chances of winning then i am all for it. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom