• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A - Lawsuit filed against Everett Police Chief

I'll just point out that this is the first time we've initiated an action in state court. That means that this is NOT a federal 1983 civil rights complaint and we will have no opportunity to recover attorneys fees if we prevail. This one is entirely on us. So, in case anyone forgot the link.

I was going to ask that. Too bad it's not a 1983 case!

Go get'em Jason & Comm2A!

I just hope the judge is impartial and doesn't automatically side with the local PD!

The current Comm2A board is comprised of:
Knuckle Dragger [grin]
terraformer
Rob Boudrie
kimmie1911
derek

I'll just point out that this is the first time we've initiated an action in state court. That means that this is NOT a federal 1983 civil rights complaint and we will have no opportunity to recover attorneys fees if we prevail. This one is entirely on us. So, in case anyone forgot the link.

Just donated again a couple of times, you'll know them when you see them [wink] Thanks for fighting the fight.

This is awesome! When I was reading it last night I couldn't help but wonder how this would affect GOAL's recently filed legislation. I have no idea how these things affect each other, if they do at all.

Seeing the donations put to good use is why I donate to Comm2A, GOAL and the local animal shelter. Great work, guys. I'll get you some more money very soon.

These actions are a long time coming and maybe it will wake up some of the other towns taking their sweet time and lying to citizens about the status of their license and renewals. Still their must be consequences for not following law as their are already for the gun owners.

This is excellent - I am very happy with COMM2A and the approach they are taking.
Please if people have been on the fence as to where to send some of your support ($) they could use it.

This is awesome! When I was reading it last night I couldn't help but wonder how this would affect GOAL's recently filed legislation. I have no idea how these things affect each other, if they do at all.

GOAL's bill would only help people trying to renew. The plaintiff in this action is trying to get his first LTC. It's all part of a big picture strategy. A win here would set precedent for forcing Chiefs to comply with the law. That will be all the more useful if the law has differences in the future that make Chiefs all the more reticent to issue. [popcorn]

To be honest, we need everything we can get now. We are coming into a period of high activity and a lot of this is on our backs. We won't be getting help from the national orgs on a few of the cases we are dealing with in the near future. Anything and everything we can get in the way of support is vital to us executing on these plans. Additionally, we really need people to spread the word about Comm2A and get other gun owners aware of the work we are doing.

Thanks all.

The donation was made. I was going to bed when i read the post which is why i wanted to donate today.

Just upped December donation from my usual $100 to $250. This suit is a big step for Comm2A: the first suit in state court, first with Guida on the side of righteousness, and first funded entirely by Comm2A's donors.

I absolutely love Comm2A. They are doing great things for all of us.

I hope this chief gets raked over the coals. The abuse of power in this state, needs to stop. I don't see how this guy doesn't win a case like this. In this state, I guess you never know though.

Thanks Comm2A, and all the members of this board that are a part of Comm2A.

Just increased my monthly donation thru the end of 2013.

I suggest that all setup monthly donations rather than just a single (even if larger) donation. Comm2A needs to have a known "income stream" to keep this up.

Just increased my monthly donation thru the end of 2013.

I suggest that all setup monthly donations rather than just a single (even if larger) donation. Comm2A needs to have a known "income stream" to keep this up.

Even if it's only $10 a month. Well worth the money.

Wait. So all I have to do is file suits on behalf of "clients" when there is clearly a breach of law, and people will send me money?

"I will file suit in behalf of anyone who has ha this same offense committed against them. Just send me $5 a month."

I support what Comm2a is doing here, even though the waste of tax dollars on the case will suck. But a private lawyer could do this, and probably not take as much from one client as Comm2a will spend since it all comes from you guys.

Money has been horrendously tight right now so I fell off the wagon for awhile, but I just reupped my $25 recurring for Comm2A. [grin]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom