Comm2A files suit against Rehoboth...

Maybe you Comm2A people ought to stop being so eager to alienate folks who didn't mean you any harm in the first place.

Alienate? You have to be kidding me? The COP was scheduling appointments 9-12 months out. That is FACT. I don't care if the town is broke. That's a problem they created and they can fix. My rights and the rights of others don't turn on the largess of the public trough. They are rights, not to be traded for money, votes or anything else.

All that said, Comm2A, and I am a director and I was personally the one to authorize the settlement and accepted the money --which only covered part of what we spent-- accepted an offer. Understand something, it cost me NOTHING to have taken this as far as I wanted to. I had spent everything Comm2A was on the hook for. They admitted wrong doing, fixed the problem and we were done. I don't want to fight people who don't want to fight back. We are moving on to the next deadbeat town as I type this. I wonder if some apologist in that town will find reasons why 9-12 months wait is acceptable.

You have Molon Labe as a signature but remember, they can't take what they don't allow you to get in the first place. That's why this issue is of paramount importance.

Chances are the $3500 will be paid by the towns insurance, though the claims history could impact the next year's rates (though a $3500 claim on a municipal policy is trivial and may not move the needle).

What is important is the message it sends to the public and selectmen.

Not sure what kind of policy would pay for this kind of thing.

E&O is the closest thing but doesn't look like it was an E or O. And intentional acts aren't something that can be insured against.

Alienate? You have to be kidding me? The COP was scheduling appointments 9-12 months out. That is FACT. I don't care if the town is broke. That's a problem they created and they can fix. My rights and the rights of others don't turn on the largess of the public trough. They are rights, not to be traded for money, votes or anything else.

All that said, Comm2A, and I am a director and I was personally the one to authorize the settlement and accepted the money --which only covered part of what we spent-- accepted an offer. Understand something, it cost me NOTHING to have taken this as far as I wanted to. I had spent everything Comm2A was on the hook for. They admitted wrong doing, fixed the problem and we were done. I don't want to fight people who don't want to fight back. We are moving on to the next deadbeat town as I type this. I wonder if some apologist in that town will find reasons why 9-12 months wait is acceptable.

You have Molon Labe as a signature but remember, they can't take what they don't allow you to get in the first place. That's why this issue is of paramount importance.

I do. If anyone is getting messed with by a town who refuses to take your application in a timely manner, contact us immediately. We are ready to go. www.comm2a.org

So much win! Keep up the good work!

When your kid makes an expensive mistake, you blame the kid not the neighbors with a broken window.

How is this any different when your COP is costing YOU money?

Comm2A is more than welcome to bring any corrupt MA COP or politician to their knees in my eyes. This is how you pressure these idiots to do the right thing. If they are so bad that their own people turn on them for wasting money, then they got what they deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comm2A did not:

- get legal resident aliens the right to obtain an LTC by "being nice". In fact, the GOAL lobbyist told a Comm2a director that GOAL would waste no time or effort lobbying to change the "alien ban" as there was zero legislative sentiment to pass a correction.

- get two individuals their LTCs despite out of state MJ convictions by asking nicely.

- get another individual his right to apply for an LTC when the state told us the decision on the first two individuals in our MJ case did not "establish policy" by being nice. (We are not going to ask nicely the next time a department or the FRB rejects an application because of a minor MJ conviction.)

- get Rehoboth to back down on their "9-12 months to apply" by asking nicely." (As T. Former mentioned, we are not going to ask nicely if another department plays the same trick. Game on, we are ready - thanks to the donations from Comm2a members and the NES community)

- get Boston to accept passports as proof of citizenship by "asking nicely". Our applicant already did that and was told in no uncertain terms "No, that is the rule."

- get Comm2A's actions mentioned in police training circles as a caution that there is a group that will make departments that do not follow the law go to trial in a federal court where the officers and judge are not already on a first name basis as is the case with district court trials.

Note that GOAL has played nice for years. Although that org has had many positive accomplishments, there are certain things that are outside the purview of negotiation. Can you imagine the progress if GOAL has gone to the Rehoboth chief and said "respectfully sir, would you please start processing LTC applications in timely manner?" or asked the FRB to "Please ignore the state law on MJ convictions since we think it is unconstitutional".

My rights and the rights of others don't turn on the largess of the public trough.
Unfortunately, many people consider the problem solved once they get their own restrictions:none LTC.

Last edited:
Comm2A did not:

- get legal resident aliens the right to obtain an LTC by "being nice". In fact, the GOAL lobbyist told a Comm2a director that GOAL would waste no time or effort lobbying to change the "alien ban" as there was zero legislative sentiment to pass a correction.

- get two individuals their LTCs despite out of state MJ convictions by asking nicely.

- get another individual his right to apply for an LTC when the state told us the decision on the first two individuals in our MJ case did not "establish policy". (We are not going to ask nicely the next time a department or the FRB rejects an application because of a minor MJ conviction.)

- get Rehoboth to back down on their "9-12 months to apply" by asking nicely." (As T. Former mentioned, we are not going to ask nicely if another department plays the same trick. Game on, we are ready - thanks to the donations from Comm2a members and the NES community)

- get Boston to accept passports as proof of citizenship by "asking nicely". Our applicant already did that and was told in no uncertain terms "No, that is the rule."

- get Comm2A's actions mentioned in police training circles as a caution that there is a group that will make departments that do not follow the law go to trial in a federal court where the officers and judge are not already on a first name basis as is the case with district court trials.

Note that GOAL has played nice for years. Although that org has had many positive accomplishments, there are certain things that are outside the purview of negotiation. Can you imagine the progress if GOAL has gone to the Rehoboth chief and said "respectfully sir, would you please start processing LTC applications in timely manner?" or asked the FRB to "Please ignore the state law on MJ convictions since we think it is unconstitutional".

Unfortunately, many people consider the problem solved once they get their own restrictions:none LTC.

+1! especially the last line.

Last edited:
Comm2A did not:

- get another individual his right to apply for an LTC when the state told us the decision on the first two individuals in our MJ case did not "establish policy". (We are not going to ask nicely the next time a department or the FRB rejects an application because of a minor MJ conviction.)

GOAL and Comm2A are chartered to go about re-gaining our rights thru different avenues.

Politics being what it is, I do believe that GOAL was correct in saying that there was zero legislative sentiment to give aliens the right to a means of self-protection. We regularly see MGLs and CMRs that violate the Constitution and Federal Laws and they don't care . . . so it takes Comm2A to MAKE THEM CARE!! [Even though there is never any penalty on the politicians for violating people's civil rights!]

Actually prior to Comm2A's existence I recall GOAL asking PDs and the state nicely to process applications timely, abide by the law. Essentially GOAL was laughed at and the PDs and state continued on their merry way of "screw you, we'll do as we please". The different role that Comm2A plays is key to getting any positive change. GOAL can only do a holding action on keeping more bad gun laws from being passed, since we have very few sympathetic ears in the legislature.

Politics being what it is, I do believe that GOAL was correct in saying that there was zero legislative sentiment to give aliens the right to a means of self-protection.
I totally agree. My comment was an observation of the reality we face, not a criticism of GOAL.

I usually try to avoid any political conversation in this forum but I am continuously amazed by the number of people who do not understand (1) the importance of organizations like GOAL and Comm2A (and the NRA and SAF on a national level) or (2) the purpose(s) they serve.

Don't bash GOAL because they are not aggressive enough to suit your taste and don't bash Comm2A because they are not polite enough. They operate differently and complement each other. I support all four of the organizations (GOAL, Comm2A, SAF and NRA) and hope that other people on this forum will also.

If you do not think they are important just look at what has happened in England (and more recently in Australia) and don;t fool yourself into thinking it could not happen in the United States. If you are not aware of the history read this :

http://www.guncite.com/journals/okslip.html

If the paper is to long or scholarly for you here is an excerpt to think about. It refers to the fact that the people in England had no lobbying organizations that took the hard line for them WHENEVER the government tried to infringe on their right to own firearms. Eventually the right were taken away until virtually none remain :

"The United States' National Rifle Association is sui generis; it is the only gun rights lobby in the world to be one of the very most influential lobbies affecting its government. The American Civil Liberties Union is not as legislatively powerful as the NRA, but it too is vastly more influential on government than are the ACLU's foreign cousins.

The British lobbies accuse the United States of going too far. Commented the general secretary of the National Council for Civil Liberties of England and Wales, "nlike the American Civil Liberties Union, we feel that freedom of speech is not an absolute." Thus, Britain's NCCL decided not to oppose legislation prohibiting the public expression of racist views.[278] The National Council on Civil Liberties favors suppression of racist speech, and has even refused to represent racist clients on other issues.[279] Similarly, British gun organizations criticize the laxity of United States gun laws.[280] When the Home Office imposed major new restrictions on gun clubs, the Chief Executive of Britain's National Rifle Association affirmed his assent by simply noting that "the Government saw a need."[281] In the United States, the notion that a civil liberties group or a national shooting organization would support a reduction in freedom simply because "the government saw a need," is almost too absurd to contemplate."

Can you imagine living in a country where Comm2A would not sue a town that infringes on your rights because the COP "saw a need" or the town could not afford to pay the fine! I cannot.

[/I]Can you imagine living in a country where Comm2A would not sue a town that infringes on your rights because the COP "saw a need" or the town could not afford to pay the fine! I cannot.

We have a constitution. Britain and Australia do not have a similar document. According to Wiki, their Parliaments can change their "constitution" simply by passing new Acts of Parliament. And, BAM! Your rights in Aussieland and Great Britain are gone!

We have a constitution. Britain and Australia do not have a similar document. According to Wiki, their Parliaments can change their "constitution" simply by passing new Acts of Parliament. And, BAM! Your rights in Aussieland and Great Britain are gone!
Funny thing is that our government can change the constitution by passing amendments and BAM! your rights are gone.

I never said any of that.

What I did say was I hadn't heard about the problem, that the reduced fine will still hurt our brokeass town, that it didn't take me nearly that long to get my LTC and that the chief has a long history of being a dick. Nowhere did I say that I condoned any of it. As for the 50-60 day wait for my LTC, that was just after Sandy Hook when around the state that was about the fastest that anyone was getting them back. I'm not happy about the extra couple of weeks but neither am I going to get too upset about it, not when in towns at the time were rejecting all applications outright.

Maybe you Comm2A people ought to stop being so eager to alienate folks who didn't mean you any harm in the first place.

1) your broke ass town needs to make sure it is following the law, or it will have to pay the fines, just like the rest of us who let parking meters expire, do 80MPH on the highway or don't cut our grass as often as our towns would like....

if you can't do the time (or pay the fine) don't do the crime!

2) 50-60 days? the law says 40, you're ok with the town violating the law? then in actuality you DID say those things you said you didn't say.....

3) what you accept is what you condone, you condone these things, you do not, not mean us harm in the first place.
your at best, apathy and at worst, acceptance of these policies does HARM us..... don't do us any favors by telling us how it's ok that they only f***** you a little bit...

4) welcome to the forum! :)

Another small contribution inbound. Keep up the good work Comm 2A. I guess Dave doesn't get it. Being 'nice" never got anything changed, especially in this rotten, corrupt liberal State..

Back
Top Bottom