• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A files against the AG on LCIs, Draper v Coakley

Glockster30

First of, thank you for the support! Thank you to all of you who have been following this matter closely.

To clarify, my rant yesterday was not directed to any of you Constitution loving and Rule-of-Law following individuals. I know that you all know how the system is rigged--one need only mention the key words "firearm", "gun" or "Second Amendment" and political and judicial minds melt immediately and that case is doomed.

I do not want anyone to think that this is over--at least as far as I'm concerned. As long as you are with me I'll continue this fight! They started with two attorneys at the AG's office, which by the end of the appeal ended with 10-12, including those in support of the Brady Center and the Law Center (there are some on the service list who do not appear on the briefs or in the 1st Circuit's opinion). We've obviously struck a nerve.

Stay strong. I'm in this for the long run...

Best,
Alex
Thank You !

bravo.gif

I thought that a ruling from a higher court that materially effected a case could bring standing for review?
The problem is that the SCOTUS decision did not directly address the issue of "safety standards / consumer protection" regulating what brands of guns could be sold, particularly when models with similar capability that are allegedly "safer" are available for sale. A decision on that issue could go either way.

The problem is that the SCOTUS decision did not directly address the issue of "safety standards / consumer protection" regulating what brands of guns could be sold, particularly when models with similar capability that are allegedly "safer" are available for sale. A decision on that issue could go either way.
Concur - got cases mixed up in my head.
The AG non-list is one that I haven't followed closely. The only way out of this one is getting rid of the federal restrictions on out of home state purchase.

Not what I mean. No F250 it's too large and dangerous, no diesel engines of any kind allowed. etc..
Already happening - Hyundai was allocating ALL of their EV and PHEV production to the states that pull this shit so they can hit the average fleet economy numbers for vehicles sold in that state.
Pretty certain other manufacturers do the same.

Concur - got cases mixed up in my head.
The AG non-list is one that I haven't followed closely. The only way out of this one is getting rid of the federal restrictions on out of home state purchase.
I think the way out is to make any laws, rules, and regulations that apply to regular citizens also apply to police departments. I'm not sure how or if Bruen even affects any of that, but removing that exception/exemption will certainly change attitudes from that sector, who the state loves to have on their side.

I think the way out is to make any laws, rules, and regulations that apply to regular citizens also apply to police departments.

That would be amazing. But would never happen. The king’s men will always get special treatment, if not for overpowering execution of state violence, then for the special treatment that keeps them in the pocket of the policy makers.

How's it looking?

It’s at the district court level. A ways to go. A lot of gun cases at district and circuit courts (and the 4 at SCOTUS) were on hold while SCOTUS heard NYSRPA. They’re all restarting now and we’ll also see new cases filed against California, Delaware, New Jersey and New York.

Last edited:
I think the way out is to make any laws, rules, and regulations that apply to regular citizens also apply to police departments. I'm not sure how or if Bruen even affects any of that, but removing that exception/exemption will certainly change attitudes from that sector, who the state loves to have on their side.
We will very likely not succeed in removing exceptions for special places - everything else is up for grabs though

We will very likely not succeed in removing exceptions for special places - everything else is up for grabs though
There may be victories to new exceptions if they are overly broad and/or the legislative intent is clear that the motivation was to undermine the 2A rather than apply the sensitive place logic only in very specific circumstances.

There may be victories to new exceptions if they are overly broad and/or the legislative intent is clear that the motivation was to undermine the 2A rather than apply the sensitive place logic only in very specific circumstances.

Also the NY logic about things like public transit being a “sensitive place “ is a bit dubious. So basically they’re saying poors can’t carry guns.

Also the NY logic about things like public transit being a “sensitive place “ is a bit dubious. So basically they’re saying poors can’t carry guns.

Beyond the poor, I think the subway, public transit is their way of making NYC a sensitive place and no carry. The subway is so necessary for anyone not wealthy because so few have cars in the city.

That would be amazing. But would never happen. The king’s men will always get special treatment, if not for overpowering execution of state violence, then for the special treatment that keeps them in the pocket of the policy makers.
So you're saying we shouldn't try to strike LEOSA?

Which is the entire goal of discretionary licensing in the first place…
Upon first reading this, I thought you were talking about making the police equal to everyone else. I thought I read somewhere that was a part of this Bruen deal. Maybe not. It's a question as much as anything else.

The list of places - businesses without a permission to be armed notice; times square; etc. are sufficient to render the pre-Bruen NYC "special full carry" permits nearly useless, as well as the unrestricted non-NYC NY permits help by upstaters many of who live in what are almost "shall issue" by practice. There isn't really an appeal resistant mechanism to grant "first class" permits to the important and "second class permits" to the ordinaries. To those who used their position, fame or power to get the old NYC full carry permits - welcome to being treated like everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom