Comm2A files against the AG on LCIs, Draper v Coakley

I wonder if there has been consideration made for the AG'S office responding with a written requirement that makes none of the current pistols from any MFG complaint in terms of a loaded chamber indicator

"...the perpetual danger of arbitrary enforcement action based upon a regulation that is unconstitutionally vague and ambiguous"

Sounds like all Mass laws and regs.

I wonder if there has been consideration made for the AG'S office responding with a written requirement that makes none of the current pistols from any MFG complaint in terms of a loaded chamber indicator

That's not going to hold up really well when the manufacturer shows a receipt for a certified letter sent to the AG years ago stating that they believed their handgun to be CMR940 compliant, so the AGs office can't reasonably say "oh well we didn't know about these guns" or anything like that.

Even if it did happen, you know what I say to that? "Bring it on bitches. " That would amount to a de facto gun ban and she'd get bitchslapped for it by the feds.

-Mike

Whooooooop!!!
Go Comm2A!

Let's say Comm2A wins, then what? Can we buy new Glerks in MA from a dealer for MSRP? Isn't there an issue of trigger pull weight?

That's not going to hold up really well when the manufacturer shows a receipt for a certified letter sent to the AG years ago stating that they believed their handgun to be CMR940 compliant, so the AGs office can't reasonably say "oh well we didn't know about these guns" or anything like that.

Even if it did happen, you know what I say to that? "Bring it on bitches. " That would amount to a de facto gun ban and she'd get bitchslapped for it by the feds.

-Mike

Not trying to be negative, just remembering how the CLEO sign off "going away" ended up being spun into cleo sign off for everyone involved.... totally different situation and circumstances I know....

[cheers]

- - - Updated - - -

Not trying to be negative, just remembering how the CLEO sign off "going away" ended up being spun into cleo sign off for everyone involved.... totally different situation and circumstances I know....

And those regulations still haven't been finalized, so that's not certain either.

Donated, and will donate again, however (stating the obvious):

I'm thinking its a really sad state of affairs when you cannot get an answer out of your attorney general regarding the specifics of a load indicator so you have to haul her butt into court to get one.

GOGOGOGO!

Website has been updated with the complaint: http://comm2a.org/images/cases/draper_complaint.pdf

Let's say Comm2A wins, then what? Can we buy new Glerks in MA from a dealer for MSRP? Isn't there an issue of trigger pull weight?

The NY2 trigger would be a quick fix for the trigger issue. I'm not sure if dealers can order guns from Glock with the NY2 spring installed at the factory, but if not, they're $3.75 at Brownells.

Donated, and will donate again, however (stating the obvious):

I'm thinking its a really sad state of affairs when you cannot get an answer out of your attorney general regarding the specifics of a load indicator so you have to haul her butt into court to get one.

I agree.
However, that sad day is a little brighter for me when I know her butt is actually being hauled to court by a righteous pro-2A organization like comm2A

donated just now.
go comm2A

Last edited:
"...the perpetual danger of arbitrary enforcement action based upon a regulation that is unconstitutionally vague and ambiguous"

Sounds like all Mass laws and regs.

Sadly, yes it does. But when those laws regulate a protected right, we get to use the federal courts to bring them in line.

Back
Top Bottom