• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A files against the AG on LCIs, Draper v Coakley

We lost. The court found that the AG's photos clearly demonstrated that the Glock LCI was ineffective; that the AGs requirements were easily understood by one of normal intelligence and even referred to the plaintiff knowing of the "weakness of it's case".

It was clearly a "results oriented decision".

I suspect the decision was hastily hammered out post-Orlando.

We lost. The court found that the AG's photos clearly demonstrated that the Glock LCI was ineffective; that the AGs requirements were easily understood by one of normal intelligence and even referred to the plaintiff knowing of the "weakness of it's case".

It was clearly a "results oriented decision".

I suspect the decision was hastily hammered out post-Orlando.

I am really surprised, shocked !

Let's put it this way. The decision is the most arrogant, **** you we aren't going to even let you try to challenge this law, decision from a court I have seen yet. This ******* made the SJC look reasonable.

Damn. The courts seem to be taking a "because guns" legal basis for this.

Did they actually rule that the pictures show the LCI is ineffective, or that Maursha is the final arbitrator of whatever she says it is?
It sounds like reading the actual ruling is going to piss me off.

Keep up the good fight.

Did they actually rule that the pictures show the LCI is ineffective, or that Maursha is the final arbitrator of whatever she says it is?
The court said the AG was on "solid ground" concluding the LCI was ineffective, and that plaintiffs know they have a weak case.

What is more frustrating that the decision is not even being allowed to provide expert testimony as to why the LCI is effective.

The court said the AG was on "solid ground" concluding the LCI was ineffective, and that plaintiffs know they have a weak case.

What is more frustrating that the decision is not even being allowed to provide expert testimony as to why the LCI is effective.

Infuriating. How about scientific experiment, published in a peer reviewed publication, that investigate whether or not 1) users familiar with the model can effectively use the LCI to determine when the firearm is loaded, and 2) novice users unfamiliar with the firearm can use the LCI to tell when the firearm is loaded after reading a 2 sentence description of its functionality.

Let's put it this way. The decision is the most arrogant, **** you we aren't going to even let you try to challenge this law, decision from a court I have seen yet. This ******* made the SJC look reasonable.

The state of Massachusetts, where the courts keep getting it wrong, and where rights don't matter.

Infuriating. How about scientific experiment, published in a peer reviewed publication, that investigate whether or not 1) users familiar with the model can effectively use the LCI to determine when the firearm is loaded, and 2) novice users unfamiliar with the firearm can use the LCI to tell when the firearm is loaded after reading a 2 sentence description of its functionality.

I'd be happy to write up the manuscript. But as we see here facts and evidence don't matter.

ANy way tio appeal based on this?
We can petition for en banc, and then SCOTUS, but neither has to grant cert. As we know. cert in en banc cases is generally reserved for those cases in which the lower court gets it wrong and rules in favor of gun owners.

No way around it - this is a crushing loss we are unlikely to reverse.

Wow this is terrible news. Definitely a rushed "anti-gun" decision due to Orlando. I really hope Comm2A doesn't give up on this one. I will be donating.

I'm not so sure if the vast majority of Mass Residents are anti gun so much as they are ambivalent. They will go along with "reasonable gun control measures" because they have no dog in the fight and the arguments put forth in their favor seem superficially logical.

It's not even that they go along with it, it's that they don't even know the laws exist to begin with, because they don't care. No dog in the fight means no interest....

If the main issue is that the LCI isn't good enough in the eyes of the AG and Courts, what if someone machined a drop in replacement extractor that was big and red (and said ruger on it?) Would this satisfy the requirement and open a door for dealers to sell without fear of AG action? That's got to be a better alternative to the stupid milled out LCI that some dealers have been doing. I'd much rather have a replaceable part than a hole in my slide.

I think the justices are crooked. That needs to be realized and considered when these lawsuits are pushed forward. I do think Comm2A is on our side and doing what they think is best, but they still believe the courts aren't rigged; I unfortunately have not seen evidence of such.

Last edited:
This is horrible jurisprudence. Essentially one person is the inscrutable and unchallengeable arbiter of what may or may not be sold in the Commonwealth, "Because I'm the Mommy/Daddy and I said so." Governments that operate according to the rule of law are not supposed to work that way. I hope some other entity is able to successfully challenge the AG over this with a less bias attracting product to make this point to kangaroo courts or whores on the Hill.

/yes I stole this from reading Bikergeek on universal's shitshow comment thread

Last edited:
Maybe waiting until the climate cools down after last week and shooting for en band might be an idea. If this stands without exhausting our challenges then it's a certain defeat just how not playing the lottery will never give you a chance to win.

Maybe waiting until the climate cools down after last week and shooting for en band might be an idea. If this stands without exhausting our challenges then it's a certain defeat just how not playing the lottery will never give you a chance to win.

These are judges. It's not supposed to matter. They are supposed to put that crap aside.

Anyhow, for all you Trump supporters or haters, realize that these were two BO appointed judges and former SCOTUS Justice David Souter (who is retired during BO's first term giving him an extra SCOTUS appointment, i.e.; a traitor to conservative causes). Elections matter. If Billary wins this election, it will be a generation or longer for the courts to come back around.

These are judges. It's not supposed to matter. They are supposed to put that crap aside.

Anyhow, for all you Trump supporters or haters, realize that these were two BO appointed judges and former SCOTUS Justice David Souter (who is retired during BO's first term giving him an extra SCOTUS appointment, i.e.; a traitor to conservative causes). Elections matter. If Billary wins this election, it will be a generation or longer for the courts to come back around.

I understand they are "supposed to", but we work with what we've got. Knowing that the garbage needs to be taken out and refusing to take it out because it stinks are two separate things. Everyone on NES, at least everyone who votes, pretty much knows what has to be done on November. Our job now is to get more people on the right side.

This is the kind of shit that makes me not want to do litigation. The courts don't do their ****ing job. I'd rather just hammer out business deals. The more case law I read in law school the more I realize everywhere, with every issue, its a ****ing clown show.

Mike

This is the kind of shit that makes me not want to do litigation. The courts don't do their ****ing job. I'd rather just hammer out business deals. The more case law I read in law school the more I realize everywhere, with every issue, its a ****ing clown show.

Mike

That's because lawyer/legislators keep enacting foolish laws allowing non-legislator lawyers to earn a good living. It's a self-feeding system.

Back
Top Bottom