• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A files against the AG on LCIs, Draper v Coakley

Bronze sponsorship added! Better late than never!! Also made smile.amazon.com as my go to page with Comm2A as the selected organization. You guys rock!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BTW, this is the first in a multi step process. This isn't the end, this is just the beginning.

this is a seductive posting

- - - Updated - - -

Bronze sponsorship added! Better late than never!! Also made smile.amazon.com as my go to page with Comm2A as the selected organization. You guys rock!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
they get more I think if you shop using the link on their page everytime... at least thats what I read

So the whole bullshit about "ag list" is her not liking some brands of loaded chamber indicators that are on the approved list???? Jfc lol .

I wish I could of gotten on the law suite cause I wanted a g30 lol.

If Comm2A wins this lawsuit, the result will apply to everyone. From the prayer for relief: "An order permanently enjoining the defendant ATTORNEY GENERAL, her officers, agents, servants, employees, and all persons in active concert or participation with her from enforcing 940 CMR §16.05(3)."

If you want to see more cases like this, donate early and often.

Go, COMM2A!!!! I just got an email from SAF which I gather is also a party to the lawsuit. The email may be freely copied and distributed, so here it is:

=============================================

SAF SEEKS INJUNCTION AGAINST MASS. HANDGUN SALES REGULATIONS

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation, joined by Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc., two commercial dealers and six private citizens, filed a lawsuit today in federal court in Massachusetts, seeking an injunction against the State Attorney General’s enforcement of state consumer protection regulations that prevent the commercial sale of certain semiautomatic handguns.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court, asserts that the regulation requiring a “load indicator” on a semiautomatic handgun is “unconstitutionally vague and ambiguous” because it does not define what this device is, or what it is intended to do.

“We’re asking the court to put a stop to what we believe is arbitrary enforcement of the regulation, because it deems 3rd and 4th generation Glock pistols lack an ‘effective load indicator’ device,” said SAF Founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “How can anyone design something when there is no description, or explanation of exactly what such a device is supposed to do and how it is supposed to do it?”

SAF General Counsel Miko Tempski, coincidentally a Glock factory certified armorer, added, “Our individual plaintiffs want to buy Glock pistols and our retail plaintiffs would be delighted to sell the firearms, but the regulation is being enforced by Attorney General Martha Coakley with no real foundation, because there are no specifics about the device in the regulation. Essentially, it appears the enforcement is pretty much on a whim.

“If the interpretation of the regulation is unclear to the AG’s office and to experts,” Tempski added, “no reasonable person in Massachusetts can know which guns are allowed.”

Adding to the dilemma, according to the lawsuit, is the fact that the 3rd and 4th generation Glock pistols at the center of the dispute have an extractor-based load indicator that reveals at a glance whether there is a cartridge in the chamber. This is virtually identical to extractor-based load indicators on competing pistols from other manufacturers, all of which are legal in Massachusetts.

“We’re hopeful that we can get this resolved rather quickly because the way the regulation is currently being enforced makes absolutely no sense at all,” Gottlieb stated.

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation’s oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

Commonwealth Second Amendment (www.comm2a.org) is a Massachusetts based non-profit dedicated to preserving and expanding the rights of gun owners in the northeast. Comm2A is dedicated to promoting a better understanding of rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. In addition to legal action projects the organization’s activities include educational programs designed to promote a better understanding of Massachusetts and Federal firearms laws and rights as well as programs to defend and protect the civil rights of Massachusetts gun owners.

30550314f044d524962bfa95df8d92716d1b0fe65ee74f20c49e3cc5d086b972.jpg

Comm2a- is there a difference in the transaction fee YOU pay if I set it up with Visa or PayPal? Either one cheaper for you?

-JR

Great work as usual!

Folks: beating a dead horse here, but please sign up for a monthly donation on Comm2A. Even if it's $10 a month, it's sustained giving that allows Comm2A to plan for future cases!

Not beating a dead horse at all. Moving a case through the system is expensive. You have to plan for fighting on different levels. It does no good to win at the initial level and then not have the funds to fight when the other side appeals. Coakley and her stooges have an ATM called "the taxpayers." We don't have that luxury.

A steady monthly donation lets COMM2A plan for these fights, knowing that there's a steady stream of money coming in. Your donations are tax deductible. When I file my taxes the only part that makes me smile is entering the amount I've donated to COMM2A.

They need, and deserve, our support.

Many thanks to Comm2A, the SAF, and all the plaintiffs. Good to know my donations (and Amazon affiliate link money) are going to a good cause!

Already a gold sponsor. Wish I could do platinum but money is tight right now, but I will still toss a few extra bucks your way tomorrow cause this put a big grin on my face! Keep up the good fight.

Back
Top Bottom