• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Coming to your town: Concert Across America to End Gun Violence

I wonder how they'd respond to people showing up with "Healey Hurts Families" signs?

http://concertacrossamerica.org/

Massachusetts
Berkshires
Boston
Cambridge (Episcopal Divinity School)
Falmouth
Framingham
Gloucester
Gloucester Teens
Greenfield (Saint James Episcopal Church)
Jamaica Plain
Leominster
Milton
Natick
Stoneham (Stoneham Police Department)
Southbridge (Holy Trinity Church)
Turner Falls (St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church)
Topsfield
Watertown (Dominican Sisters of Peace Motherhouse)
Watertown (Saltonstall Park)
Williamstown
Needham
Newton (Union Church in Waban)
Oxford (Grace Church)
Somerville (ONCE)
Somerville (Sally O’Brien’s Bar and Grill)
Scituate (First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church of Scituate)
Springfield (Gardner Memorial AME Zion)

​Jackson Browne
Rosanne Cash
Marc Cohn
Vy Higginsen’s Gospel Choir of Harlem
Eddie Vedder

And a surprise guest

The Beacon Theatre
lol what a lineup, I can't wait to not go

I wonder how they'd respond to people showing up with "Healey Hurts Families" signs?

http://concertacrossamerica.org/

Massachusetts
Berkshires
Boston
Cambridge (Episcopal Divinity School)
Falmouth
Framingham
Gloucester
Gloucester Teens
Greenfield (Saint James Episcopal Church)
Jamaica Plain
Leominster
Milton
Natick
Stoneham (Stoneham Police Department)
Southbridge (Holy Trinity Church)
Turner Falls (St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church)
Topsfield
Watertown (Dominican Sisters of Peace Motherhouse)
Watertown (Saltonstall Park)
Williamstown
Needham
Newton (Union Church in Waban)
Oxford (Grace Church)
Somerville (ONCE)
Somerville (Sally O’Brien’s Bar and Grill)
Scituate (First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church of Scituate)
Springfield (Gardner Memorial AME Zion)

These sock cuckers can go pound sand.

I didn't watch the most dangerous cities in MA video. I got this list from that thread though. Are they only hitting one of the cities on the list? Seems to me they could do more good by hitting those cities...

10 Lynn
9 Worcester
8 North Adams
7 Lawrence
6 Fall Reeve
5 Springfield
4 New Bedford
3 Brockton
2 Chelsea
1 Holyoke

I'm REAL tempted to go to the one in Turners. It's about 5 min away and i have my Tyranny shirt that I can wear. I dont think I still have an NRA hat though. I do have an NRA duffle bag that I could put water bottles in.

Greg

Hahaha! These no-name lineups kinda remind me of that band "High on Life" from "National Lampoon's Senior Trip."

I wouldn't exactly call Jackson Browne a no name, you do not sell over 18 million albums if you suck...But I get what you are saying....the line up is not really to my liking tho. But he has some great music.Makes me think of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. But in general the whole end gun violence tour can EABOD's :)

Interestingly enough Marc Cohn, who is a grammy winner, was car jacked and shot in the head and lived....I like some of his music too

In August of the same year, Cohn was shot in the head during an attempted carjacking in Denver, Colorado,[4][5][6] while on a concert tour with Suzanne Vega.[7] Amazingly, the bullet "barely missed Cohn's eye and lodged near his skull;" Cohn was hospitalized for observation but released after 8 hours, and is quoted as saying, "doctors told me I was the luckiest unlucky guy they had met in a long, long time."[8] A police spokesperson surmised that the car's windshield may have significantly impeded the bullet's force, but added: "Frankly, I can't tell you how he survived".

I wouldn't exactly call Jackson Browne a no name, you do not sell over 18 million albums if you suck...But I get what you are saying....the line up is not really to my liking tho. But he has some great music.Makes me think of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. But in general the whole end gun violence tour can EABOD's :)

Interestingly enough Marc Cohn, who is a grammy winner, was car jacked and shot in the head and lived....I like some of his music too

In August of the same year, Cohn was shot in the head during an attempted carjacking in Denver, Colorado,[4][5][6] while on a concert tour with Suzanne Vega.[7] Amazingly, the bullet "barely missed Cohn's eye and lodged near his skull;" Cohn was hospitalized for observation but released after 8 hours, and is quoted as saying, "doctors told me I was the luckiest unlucky guy they had met in a long, long time."[8] A police spokesperson surmised that the car's windshield may have significantly impeded the bullet's force, but added: "Frankly, I can't tell you how he survived".

I concede to the one exception of Jackson Browne. I just realized who sings one of the most memorable songs of one of the most memorable moments in 1980s high school movies. Thanks for the correction. +1

I concede to the one exception of Jackson Browne. I just realized who sings one of the most memorable songs of one of the most memorable moments in 1980s high school movies. Thanks for the correction. +1

yea I agree with you...hearing that song brings me right back to that movie lol

These are a scam, using the premise of the concerts to help fund gun grabbers.

It's not a scam when they flat out say that's what they're doing, man. LOL

"Hi, I'm selling flowers for the communist party." "What!? That's a scam, using the premise of flowers to help fund commies!"

I didn't watch the most dangerous cities in MA video. I got this list from that thread though. Are they only hitting one of the cities on the list? Seems to me they could do more good by hitting those cities...

10 Lynn
9 Worcester
8 North Adams
7 Lawrence
6 Fall Reeve
5 Springfield
4 New Bedford
3 Brockton
2 Chelsea
1 Holyoke

I call BS on "gun violence" in those towns. They're all red towns on the list, so no carrying allowed. Surely the criminals know that?

Obligatory "must've been a fortay!"

There was a time in my life in the late 70s when I thought Jackson Browne was almost God like. I was into the no-nukes scene and he was there. John Hall was another big one in the movement back then. I bought into it hook line and sinker. I was a card carrying member of the Clamshell Alliance. I was at Seabrook when the shit hit the fan. Myself and my friends busted, cuffed and stuffed. It took a few more years before I wised up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musicians_United_for_Safe_Energy

So 'Berkshires' is a town? Not much in central MA.

Rosanne Cash?!?! JR is rolling in his grave! Shame on her for disgracing her fathers good name!!!

A bunch of those venues are tax-exempt entities that aren't supposed to raise money for political causes. It might be fun to file a challenge to their 501(c)(3) status with the IRS. It would have a snowball's chance, but it could be more entertaining than the crappy music.

A bunch of those venues are tax-exempt entities that aren't supposed to raise money for political causes. It might be fun to file a challenge to their 501(c)(3) status with the IRS. It would have a snowball's chance, but it could be more entertaining than the crappy music.

Pissing into the wind is a good analogy, and by wind I mean a Category 5 Hurricane Bob in which your' getting hit in the head with stop signs and cars.

I've tried raising this point, since what they are doing doesn't directly, but rather indirectly impacts political causes it's OK.

huh Jackson Brown the woman beater ?
You beat me to the punch (no pun intended) with this, since I always find it so wonderfully hypocritical of these social justice warrior/"guns are bad!!" pansy-ass liberal types who believe in peace, love, and ask everyone to "just please try to get along" etc etc.... while they (in the case of tree-hugging peace-loving Jackson Browne) are asking us to forget the events of a certain "bad night" they might gave had several years ago.

For example, the evening when Jackson Browne's then-girlfriend, frail beautiful Daryl Hannah, showed up at an emergency room, bloody and bruised from being VIOLENTLY ATTACKED by the ironically-now-peace-loving Mister Browne.

From reports in 1992:
"...the examining doctor reported she had blood in her urine from internal injuries" consistent with her claim of being kicked in the stomach, ribs, side and back (allegedly by Mr. Browne). Additionally, Ms. Hannah had blood and bruises about her face, nose, mouth and chin, consistent with being beaten - punched, kicked and slapped (allegedly by Mr. Browne)... "

So, let's get this straight, for the record JB (and for the sake of all those who will clap and cheer for you at your upcoming "concerts for peace"). Just to summarize, my constitutionally protected self-defense firearm has never - EVER - been used in anger, nor in any threatening manner. Additionally, I have never - EVER - laid a finger on my wife, nor any other female, EVER, in any display of violence, threat nor intimidation.
EVER.

You, however, Mister peace loving, anti-gun anti-violence preacher Jackson Browne, a fine gentleman, a good man that you are, want to "educate" and "preach" to me about the evils and danger of guns?

I'm wondering why you didn't have those same peaceful sentiments that evening years ago as you stood above your beautiful, smaller, meek, helpless, crying-in-pain girlfriend as you were beating the living hell out of her, slapping, punching and kicking her until she was bleeding internally.
You're such a great man, Mr. Jackson Browne, and I'm quite sure you want all of your "adoring fans" to either not know/not find out about that "unfortunate incident" years ago or (for those among your peace loving, gun controlling fans at your shows who vividly remember the events of your "unfortunate evening") maybe it's just better to forget that it ever happened, eh??

Hypocritical as*hole.

(meanwhile I'm not on social media sites, but anyone who IS on Facebook, Twitter, etc etc and wants to cut and paste this on the concerts' or performer site(s) please feel free to do so, since I absolutely friggin despise these effin hypocrites who want to demonize us, yet want the world to forget or simply ignore everything about THEIR inner demons, lest it cost them their fame and wonderful fortune.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom