Comfortable shooting glasses (slightly OT)

My significant other is now required to wear glasses (PPE) into all patient rooms, regardless of COVID status. The junk the hospital issued are cloudy, fog quickly, and are making her day miserable. I took a look at Amazon/WB Mason and there are lots of options for safety glasses in general. But then I got to thinking, why not shooting glasses? I have a picture of what she has, they cover no more than any of the cheapo glasses I take to the range.

So the question: any recommendations for good shooting glasses? Think you'd be wearing them for 12 hours straight. No need to skinflint but I'm not sure Oakley M Frames would be reasonable either.

Thanks for the help!

you could just take her to an industrial safety retailer place. when i was working my company used ipp in wilmington, ma. they have a location in nashua i think. there was a huge display of protective eye wear, she could try ones on that interested her and gave the protection she needs. unless her company pays she'd be on her own but most of the decent safety glasses are under 20 bucks and if she didn't care what they looked like, the average was $9 to $15.

I'll add that I previously bought some safety glasses at Lowes or HD made by 3M and they were distorted and gave me a headache.

I was surprised and disappointed that a brand I use and trust for many other products would not work for me.

I use 4 different lenses in the Genesis style. Clear, dark gray, Amber, and Shade 5. I wear the dark gray for sunglasses, amber for shooting and driving in inclement weather, and the Shade 5 when cutting with a torch.

I buy Jackson Nemesis glasses by the display box, they work for me and the other half. I don't really use them for shooting though, I use wiley x's and oakleys for shooting.

Buying "shootinv glasses" tends to add to the cost.

Dont go to crazy they will vanish at some point. Fogging is a issue even more so if wearing a mask.
My wife prefers the full face shield vs glasses.
i tend to grab what ever is on the shelf when I need them. Radians, 3M, Nemisis ......open them and check them and makecsure they are clear.

If she needs to wear them 12 hours a day every day... spend the money and get ultra light weight glasses with good optics. Smith, Oakely, ESS, Rudy.... or even just custom ones made from an eye doctor/optician.

I ended up buying some cheapos on Amazon. They were fine. The winner, though, was the Columbia glasses from SSP Eyewear. $25, so not too big of a deal if they get lost/broken/etc. Thanks all.

I ended up buying some cheapos on Amazon. They were fine. The winner, though, was the Columbia glasses from SSP Eyewear. $25, so not too big of a deal if they get lost/broken/etc. Thanks all.
speaking of cheap glasses - i do not know what sort of a glitch that is in the amazon, but this kit is $3.
Amazon product ASIN B01IJZ8ZKOView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IJZ8ZKO

glasses in it are the same howard leight that sell separately for $19. i got this kit for my kid, compared with my old glasses and have nothing to say other than - wtf?
some funny looking color on the plastic, but, looks like an exactly same mold.

Back
Top Bottom