• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Come and get them!

Mike S

NES Member
Made this at work today and thought I'd share, hope you guys like.
molonlabe-1.jpg

-Sno

changed it up with correct spelling, although it appears it can translate either way, I kinda liked the two "o" spelling.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but my first reaction was that this is being disrespectful to the flag. I know it has nothing to do with that, and I know the supposed origin of that phrase. But something inside me just does not like seeing a message written in another language, or any message for that matter, in giant bold print on top of the American Flag. It's probably just me. But I don't like it and would not fly anything on top of or above the American Flag.

Violates rules of the flag - not supposed to put any writing or other decoration on it. Other than that, I think the text in the original Greek is more of a conversation starter as well as being authentic.

I get the sentiment about disrespecting the flag but IMO I see it as a novelty with good intentions... I might not like it if it were stitched up and flown but as a avatar, I kinda like it

I'm not diggin' it. Not because of the issue of the text on the flag, but the font it self and I thought it was Molon Labe.

Also, I'm giving you reps for posting and taking the criticism, haha.

well, I like it and I'm giving you rep for it.

I want that on a bumper sticker for my truck.

"Recall Devall" just don't cut it up in NH. [smile]

I don't know why, but my first reaction was that this is being disrespectful to the flag. I know it has nothing to do with that, and I know the supposed origin of that phrase. But something inside me just does not like seeing a message written in another language, or any message for that matter, in giant bold print on top of the American Flag. It's probably just me. But I don't like it and would not fly anything on top of or above the American Flag.

Bobkatt pretty much nailed my feelings on this one too.

Violates rules of the flag

Specifically 4 USC 1 § 8(g) (for anybody who was dying to know the cite [smile])

"The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature."

In DC you can be fined $100 and imprisoned for up to 30 days for doing it (4 USC 1 § 3).

Specifically 4 USC 1 § 8(g) (for anybody who was dying to know the cite [smile])

"The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature."

In DC you can be fined $100 and imprisoned for up to 30 days for doing it (4 USC 1 § 3).

That just makes me want to do it more.[smile]

More like: ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ also Molon labe (pronounced mo-lone lah-veh) is acceptable. I also use: Si vis pacem, para bellum. I have that inscribed on a bench I'm building.

What about doing something similar but adding a shadow effect to the letters to suggest that they are not on but rather in front of it? Is there a regulation against viewing the flag from a perspective that results in it being behind something?

More like: ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ also Molon labe (pronounced mo-lone lah-veh) is acceptable. I also use: Si vis pacem, para bellum. I have that inscribed on a bench I'm building.

What? You don't have that bench finished yet? I'll bet you've finished a six pack (or two or three) already though. [laugh] [wink] Oh and what are you doing up so early posting at O dark thirty in the morning?

I'll be up early on Saturday. Got a long drive to Adams ahead of us. Tomorrow I finally get to pick up my "little fwiends." And yes, I haven't forgotten. I'll clean them all first.

Got my mom on Sunday but we're thinking of heading to Braintree on Monday. What are you doing that day? Wanna meet us at the range? [grin]

What? You don't have that bench finished yet? I'll bet you've finished a six pack (or two or three) already though. [laugh] [wink] Oh and what are you doing up so early posting at O dark thirty in the morning?

I'll be up early on Saturday. Got a long drive to Adams ahead of us. Tomorrow I finally get to pick up my "little fwiends." And yes, I haven't forgotten. I'll clean them all first.

Got my mom on Sunday but we're thinking of heading to Braintree on Monday. What are you doing that day? Wanna meet us at the range? [grin]

Nope, just put the top on this afternoon. It's like the other one, a little overdone but in places you'd never notice like tubes under the top to slip my cleaning rods in. I should be done tomorow (Sunday), I'm just dragging my butt on it. Let me know if you get stuck cleaning your Adams pick-ups, maybe I can help out. A couple smalls here have been bugging me about going Monday, we might (or I just might sneak out). What time?

Nope, just put the top on this afternoon. It's like the other one, a little overdone but in places you'd never notice like tubes under the top to slip my cleaning rods in. I should be done tomorow (Sunday), I'm just dragging my butt on it. Let me know if you get stuck cleaning your Adams pick-ups, maybe I can help out. A couple smalls here have been bugging me about going Monday, we might (or I just might sneak out). What time?

PM incoming. Check your notices

Back
Top Bottom