• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Combat .357 Mag Model, 19, 66, or 686

I wanted one of the guns that shot 10mm/40 on the clips, but for the money, I think I will just go with a 66 when I find one.

I have a 19-4. Awesome revolver.
I hunt w/ it.
357.jpg

I just started shooting my model 66 in IDPA. I'm using these speedloaders: http://www.brownells.com/1/1/13116-revolver-jetloader-k-jetloader-buffer-technologies.html

And these speedloader holders: http://www.cpwsa.com/ready_tactical.htm

Revolvers in IDPA is a hoot.

I use the Comp III's with this mod: Will also work on the Jet's I believe.

Speedloader Safariland Comp III Modification
The process is this: With the Safariland comp III’s have a two piece top with a pin hole on one side. Heat a straightened paperclip and push it through the existing hole to mark the other side and drill a small hole back to the steel roll pin. The Jet loaders have the hole all the way through.
Push the roll pin through the hole and remove the top so that the shroud and large coil spring can be removed. Toss the shroud, I don’t know why t is there in the first place.

In the center of the loader is another pin, push it out carefully as there a small coil spring in the trigger mechanism. This should allow you to separate the part that the rounds fit into from the rest. Using a belt sander, or similar device, remove the part down to about .3 of inch

Use an exacto knife or similar to remove the plastic that will fill the holes where the rounds fit. 

And then reassemble paying attention to the right tension of the coil spring before putting the top back on. I would disassemble and work on only one at a time until you get confident with the process.

Bill used a dremel and cut the parts down with a cutoff wheel. I could not keep the surface flat and it will take several wheels to do the job.

When completed there is usually a hole in the trigger mechanism that I fill with epoxy or a steel pin to engage that much sooner.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27520

Oh, you do, Ed, you do. I loves my autoloaders but I guess I'm just a gun slut 'cause I love my wheelguns, too.

Find me at the next Appleseed you're at; I'll likely be carrying the nickeled 19.

mmm... a Nickeled 19... I have one... might be my favorite... 19-4, that was pretty much unfired until I got it, and I've put maybe 500 rounds through it. What a nice wheelgun it is.

I have a 19-4. Awesome revolver.
I hunt w/ it.
357.jpg

Looks just like mine, but blued.

Were you squaded with me at the Worcester IDPA match in December?

I haven't had the guts to try that mod. My mechanical skills are limited. I'll have to buy some extra speedloaders before I try it, as I'm sure I'll butcher them.

I think that was me. Were you on the squad that started on the indoor stage? I had Mike Semeraro in CT do the mods for me when he made my carriers.

Back
Top Bottom