• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Columbine @20

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Two weeks from today will be the twentieth anniversary of a certain incident at a Colorado high school that in a sane world would have put to rest the myth of SROs as an effective means of defense.

i'm bad...

Last edited:
Wow, hadn't realized. How many lives would be saved if we had appropriate SRO policies after that lesson? How many more will it take?

I didn’t hear about it until several days later. I was busy at Ranger School that week.
I remember the date because of other events that occurred around that time.

A friend was dying of cancer at the VA hospital in West Haven. The day after the shooting, I went with his daughter to visit him, and that's what was on the TVs there. That afternoon they began preparations to move him to hospice. Not needed: he died the next day.

I remember the date because of other events that occurred around that time.

A friend was dying of cancer at the VA hospital in West Haven. The day after the shooting, I went with his daughter to visit him, and that's what was on the TVs there. That afternoon they began preparations to move him to hospice. Not needed: he died the next day.

Sad. I’m sure that wasn’t a great news story to end a life to.

Twenty years passed so quickly. Thanks for the remembrance.

In fairness, given that it’s also around the same time as the Battle of Lexington, the Siege of Waco, the OKC bombing, and Hitler’s freakin birthday, that’s not the boldest prediction NES has ever seen.

Also on the islamic calendar in 2019 there's a holiday on the 21st, called "Shab e-barat" or something like that....

-Mike

In fairness, given that it’s also around the same time as the Battle of Lexington, the Siege of Waco, the OKC bombing, and Hitler’s freakin birthday, that’s not the boldest prediction NES has ever seen.
Not to mention we have them pretty regularly depending on ones definition of “mass shooting”, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom