Colt Woodsman Mod

Hey,

I have an old beat up colt woodsman I got for cheap. It works fine, and have an idea for it, and dont know if it's doable.

I play a lot of old video games, and the dimensions of the handgun are somewhat similar to the NES Zapper lightgun. Is there a way I could modify the lightgun as a "housing" of sorts to place the pistol into?

A major concern for me is obviously the heat that's generated from the handgun melting the plastic zapper shell. Is there any products that I could use to get a heatproof coating on the inside and outside of the zapper casing?

Probably easier to just cerecoat it to match the Nintendo color scheme. Bin dun befo. Less likely to shoot your tv while drinking also.

you just made me feel super old, damn you. I have no clue what you're trying to accomplish or what a zapper lightgun is. heading back to bed.

Hiding a real gun inside a toy? Sounds like a really bad idea to me.

I'd put the hollowed out shell with all my other retro game stuff separate from my guns. I've been fixing up and sell retro gaming stuff as a side job for years now, and have fixed zappers before, so nobody would ascertain it's for an actual firearm (FYI, if anyone wants a console/old games, send a PM).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Ole...75035&wl11=online&wl12=36758511&wl13=&veh=sem
Would something like this work on the inside and outside so it doesn't melt? I'm not feeling like getting the Woodsman cerakoted, as I'm not too handy with crafty stuff like that (and wouldnt want to put a substantial amount of $ into having a professional do it). Give me a miniature saw, and a hand file and I'm in my element. :)

Probably easier to just cerecoat it to match the Nintendo color scheme. Bin dun befo. Less likely to shoot your tv while drinking also.

You need an old tube tv to get them to work properly (I own a LED tv). I have to test Zappers at my Dad's place, as he still uses an old tv (CRT tube tv). I can't even test them when he's home because he says "Son, that stuff is dangerous. Even though it's a toy, it sends the wrong message to kids, and a cop could see it and shoot you." It's not worth giving myself a stroke fighting a pointless argument.

Back
Top Bottom