• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt Uppers On Sale At Brownells

$525 with out CH,BCG or rear sight?
i guess with whats going on that might be a good deal. Been a few since i bought any AR stuff. Might even unload what i have left. Sold off most Obama super sale II.

Unless you just have a hard on for colt and thats what they cost, I think its a rip off.

You will be into it for about $700 with a BCG and CH, for essentially mil spec nothing special. Colt is cool but as far as I can tell it's just like Stag, SW, other decent mil spec models that cost less.

Wolf on TSUSA comes with BCG and CH, no rear sight, $525 before tax. Pistol driven too. I get that its a Colt but non complete that hurts.

So Wolf is hot garbage then?

I can't say I knew such a thing existed until it was posted here but basically I think wolf is known for cheap steel case ammo generally.

A sub $500 piston upper is in the real bottom of the price range and leaves me skeptical and a little scared to be honest. Basically piston AR's aren't standardized so unlike a basic mil spec derived part I ASSume its something that Wolf dreamed up on their own and isn't that well deployed to have the bugs all worked out. With a piston ARish thing you really want good quality as you 100% depend on the maker, I would think a SCAR for instance if I wanted that.

I'm not a gun snob, still wouldn't go as low on the quality scale as PSA though, but a PSA upper is a known quantity, they work good - if you want cheap that's a good place to start. Aero isn't much more $$ and is a lot better IMO.

Add: come to think of it, if I wanted a basic iron sight flat top I would definitely be looking at Stag first, real good authentic no frills AR parts and they support their stuff well.

I don't know about the rest of you, but most of the time I'm swapping out the charging handle and the rear sight anyway. A Colt BCG would make this a killer price, but all things considered it's short money for a decent upper.

F2C4C3A2-2B81-4DFA-B0E0-D16C167E26AF.jpeg
I can't say I knew such a thing existed until it was posted here but basically I think wolf is known for cheap steel case ammo generally.

A sub $500 piston upper is in the real bottom of the price range and leaves me skeptical and a little scared to be honest. Basically piston AR's aren't standardized so unlike a basic mil spec derived part I ASSume its something that Wolf dreamed up on their own and isn't that well deployed to have the bugs all worked out. With a piston ARish thing you really want good quality as you 100% depend on the maker, I would think a SCAR for instance if I wanted that.

I'm not a gun snob, still wouldn't go as low on the quality scale as PSA though, but a PSA upper is a known quantity, they work good - if you want cheap that's a good place to start. Aero isn't much more $$ and is a lot better IMO.

Add: come to think of it, if I wanted a basic iron sight flat top I would definitely be looking at Stag first, real good authentic no frills AR parts and they support their stuff well.
They’re pretty popular for entry level piston driven uppers as copies of the T-91. Made in the USA too. I’ll let you know how she runs. Just another upper to add to the collection.

Edit: imported from Taiwan but profiled in USA.

Last edited:
View attachment 386015
They’re pretty popular for entry level piston driven uppers as copies of the T-91. Made in the USA too. I’ll let you know how she runs. Just another upper to add to the collection.

Edit: imported from Taiwan but profiled in USA.

I think that sums up my extreme skepticism right there, "entry level piston". Is kinda like buying a $120 illuminated 4-14x scope.

The uppers on gun broker are a steal if you can find a good armory. I got one for $325 with BCG and CH in May that has been amazing with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom