• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt thinking about leaving CT now?!?!?!?

I've heard from an interview of the VP of NSSF that other states are throwing incentives at big gun companies that are stuck in blue states...so much do that the moving cost would be $0.

There's the employees, but think about it, you work for a gun manuf, and they will be moving to a free/warmer state, you move with them AND keep your job. Not so bad.

Just another step in the realignment of America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard from an interview of the VP of NSSF that other states are throwing incentives at big gun companies that are stuck in blue states...so much do that the moving cost would be $0.

There's the employees, but think about it, you work for a gun manuf, and they will be moving to a free/warmer state, you move with them AND keep your job. Not so bad.

Just another step in the realignment of America.

It depends on who you are. Engineers? Most likely are offered decent relo packages. Operators? Other end of the spectrum, they aren't offered relo.

100+ year old company doing business in the same state.. Meh! Does not seem very likely they will be moving.

Good for them, but another case of "believe when I see it". [thinking]

They already purchased a facility in FL a little over a year ago twice the size as their grounds in CT. CT found out about it...called them on it and they claimed it was only for "upper office management" and that they had no plans on moving.

I feel as if they've seen the writing on the wall for a while and may be keeping their options open. Already having real estate for an operations-swap is handy!

They already purchased a facility in FL a little over a year ago twice the size as their grounds in CT. CT found out about it...called them on it and they claimed it was only for "upper office management" and that they had no plans on moving.

I feel as if they've seen the writing on the wall for a while and may be keeping their options open. Already having real estate for an operations-swap is handy!

Gov. Dannel won't care. He's said it on record. He doesn't care if these 'evil' jobs nor if their financial contributions leave the state.

what i heard from a reliable source is that Nebraska offered any firearms manufacturer 15 years of no tax (that means none of any kind) to any one of them who relocate...

based on that who can blame them? Connecticut is one of the highest tax rates in the nation.

what i heard from a reliable source is that Nebraska offered any firearms manufacturer 15 years of no tax (that means none of any kind) to any one of them who relocate...

based on that who can blame them? Connecticut is one of the highest tax rates in the nation.

That's amazing!

I can see the civil war lines being drawn already.

I hope I am wrong and they pull the plug.....Florida is more favorable on taxes and by moving there corporate headquarters they may fair better in Florida. Only time will tell. Unfortunate Connecticut is going to add to the unemployment rolls.....

I hope I am wrong and they pull the plug.....Florida is more favorable on taxes and by moving there corporate headquarters they may fair better in Florida. Only time will tell. Unfortunate Connecticut is going to add to the unemployment rolls.....

Yes, but they will all be much safer in CT , just think of the extra income the state will make from all the tourists coming to see the Unicorns and Candy cane fields.

Letter to Colt:

To whom it may concern,

I hereby formally offer my place of residence as a new home for the Colt manufacturing plant. I also offer my services as a tester; all I ask in return is the standard employee discount on all products and services.

Thank you for your time.

...think it'll work? [smile]

This is a win-win-win for Colt. They get a good political reason to move to a non-union, pro-gun state, save a ton of money on labor, and sell more firearms because we appreciate a company that stands up for our rights.

Back
Top Bottom