• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt Light Commander 9mm

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
Colt LW Commander in 9mm. This Colt was built for carry. It started life as a 1970 something LW Commander. The frame was cut for a ramped barrel, and checkered. A Chen SI magwell as well as a standard 25 lpi MSH were fit. The slide was cut for a modified Heinie rear sight. A Yost gold line is in front of the serrated arrow pattern. The barrel is a Kart. All the internals were replaced with bar stock. A Derr Precision bobbed grip safety limits the print. The frame was modified for AccuRails which provide a ball bearing like fit for the slide without worry of wearing the aluminum rails. The finish is IonBond with two matching Tripp Cobra Mags. The grips are ebony by Wood Caliber. It shoots light out at 25 yards.

1RCmTUu.jpg

q344UsO.jpg

qTZfBaA.jpg

ri857ku.jpg

ZAxkdmm.jpg

H1dgEKe.jpg

cI83tSl.jpg

Ooh, another tack driving beauty!

I missed this one. @Greg Derr Are you going to post in the "Firearms" subforum now instead of the "Gun Gallery"? Either way, I will find them. Thanks for continuing to post.

Last edited:
sweet, another gem, greg. i have a stock 45 acp combat commander i inherited from a close friend. the commander is a pistol i would have never bought for myself, in fact never shot one until i owned one. man, am i glad i got the chance to own and shoot one.

Back
Top Bottom