Colt King Cobra reintroduced this week

Pass.

I’ve got a bad feeling about any reintroduction.

I guess the M&P is a different case since S&W is just recycling the name, unlike their “Classic” line.

i don't know, looks like a spiffed up charter arms to me. but, what do i know?
554104.jpg

They need to stop focking around and release a new Python.
Asking $900 for this.......the python if they release it will be like $3k!!! Lol. And will it be better than a performance center Smith for $1200? I f***ing doubt it!

Asking $900 for this.......the python if they release it will be like $3k!!! Lol. And will it be better than a performance center Smith for $1200? I f***ing doubt it!

I don't think so, the black 2" Night Cobra is $900 as well. Since the new Python won't be hand built it should be no more expensive than this King Cobra. It'll look like a Python but won't have that much in common with the old hand-built Python.

I don't think so, the black 2" Night Cobra is $900 as well. Since the new Python won't be hand built it should be no more expensive than this King Cobra. It'll look like a Python but won't have that much in common with the old hand-built Python.
I'd bet that if they realease a new python they'll try to ride the old reputation and charge a couple Grand.

I'm not gonna take that bet, lol. But I'd guess $1200 max for regular finish. The 2" Bright Cobra is $1300 already.

colt-cobrass2bb-revolvers-1-1-660x332.jpg
Is that for real? $1300 for a revolver with gutter sights? f*** my life that's insane.

The Python can’t be far behind. It’ll be a Python in name and general appearance only but that’s fine. It’s years late to market. The could have exploited the Walking Dead product placement for a bunch of easy sales.

The Python can’t be far behind. It’ll be a Python in name and general appearance only but that’s fine. It’s years late to market. The could have exploited the Walking Dead product placement for a bunch of easy sales.

My understanding is Colt wants to nail down the manufacturing before going to the Python, although they came out with the CCW models first. At least the models are coming out fast.

I'd sooner buy a Hi Point for $200 than this for $900.

Do the gun manufacturers not realize part of making a product is instilling VALUE?

To this day I'm surprised Colt didn't try to sell the python during the walking dead hey day. But .....that series shot its wad 3 years ago.

My first gun was a King Cobra back in 1991. Had nothing but problems, went back to Colt twice before they ended up buying it back from me. I should have gotten a Python, but couldn’t afford it. From then on it’s been only S&W Revos for me.

My first gun was a King Cobra back in 1991. Had nothing but problems, went back to Colt twice before they ended up buying it back from me. I should have gotten a Python, but couldn’t afford it. From then on it’s been only S&W Revos for me.
Nothing's changed with Colt quality since then either. A friend of mine bought a Colt 1911 last year. An m45a1. Nothing but problems. Sent back 2 times and it's still not reliable. Spent top shelf price on a 1911 and got bottom shelf product.

Back
Top Bottom