Colt comption 45 acp

Hey I know I seem a newb.
I have many decades of fun with firearms.
I know my 1911 blindfolded.
Some of the new things I am studying up on!
I am a safe sort!

The slant six was a pretty good motor though.
When I was young our first family car was a 1964 (?) Plymouth Valiant with the 170 Slant Six. It was pretty lively for an entry level car. I remember one time when I was coming home on the highway doing about 65. It was a little loud maybe but moving well. It was not until I got to the exit that I realized that I was in second gear!

Hey Slant -
Welcome to NES.

If the question is about the Colt Competition in 45acp, I have one and I love it. Puts the bullets where I want them to go.
I have more expensive 1911's but I don't shoot them any better. I have made a few minor upgrades (extractor, new fiber optic sight, reliability service) but doubt they were really necessary.

I love my Colt Competition Stainless (.45ACP). Very manageable, very accurate, and a pleasure to shoot.

Welcome to NES.

You guys are getting soft, maybe covid on the brain. The posts from OP read like a google translation. Recent join date and not one Hi Maura! or Hi CCP!?

The 45 1911 has gone the way of the slant 6' so no I definetly haven,t done it....the 9mm 1911 is the new hotness!!! maybe I,ll do it to that

Is a 9mm 1911 really that soft shooting etc compared to any other full-size metal handgun? Like a p226 or something?

Had a nice 9mm 1911, very nice shooting and very accurate. It just always bothered me though being a 9mm like it was some kind of imposter or something. Ended up selling it off to fund a proper .45 which I barely shoot now. Maybe I would shoot it more of it were a 9mm [rofl]

Is a 9mm 1911 really that soft shooting etc compared to any other full-size metal handgun? Like a p226 or something?

Back
Top Bottom