• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt bolt carrier group

PSS

NES Member
Does anyone have any idea as to how much a colt bolt carrier group is worth?the one I have is out of an ar so it isn't an m-16 bcg.I can't seem to find any online.
thanks

yes the fa is beefier than the sa ones. i have an sa one.i saw i bunch of fa ones for sale but not one sa. i have an sa one

Last edited:
The semi carrier has some extra milling on the underside/back which is the main difference. It's perfectly legal to use a F/A carrier in a semi AR15 as long as there are no other M-16 parts in the lower (hammer, trigger, disconnector, safety).

You got me thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know) Is there even a diff between FA/SA Colt BCG's?

yes i know most of these things.i was wondering though if the sa version is worth anymore than like say a dpms bcg.the colt bcg came with an upper i just got but i already had another one to use so i was thinking of selling the colt bcg.so i was looking for the value of a sa bcg

Is it brand new? The field manual states that bolts should not be swapped between guns because each bolt wears in according to the particular chamber/rifle it's used in... If more than a few rounds have been put through it, I wouldn't pay much for it because I'd have to replace the bolt.

Back
Top Bottom