Colt ar15 triangular hand guard

What was the designation/ significance of the triangular and guard on the Colt AR15?

I need a lesson here

derek

Attachments

• 946C0018-5A3F-4FF3-A1B1-FDEC83964D65.jpeg
    946C0018-5A3F-4FF3-A1B1-FDEC83964D65.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 71
We can agree on that one.
Put one on my 20" build and it was like "Hello old friend ."

I learned to shoot with the triangle. It'll always feel right to me.

I'm no fan of the AR platform generally, but at least back in the Day it looked sharp. I could see myself getting my hands on an old SP-1.

Every time I get an itch to get an AR, I search for a “pre ban upper” and can only find the stupid round ones with no carry handle.
I would think that there’d be a ton of them rusting in closets after people tacticooled their rifles, but I guess I’m wrong.

Every time I get an itch to get an AR, I search for a “pre ban upper” and can only find the stupid round ones with no carry handle.
I would think that there’d be a ton of them rusting in closets after people tacticooled their rifles, but I guess I’m wrong.

Brownells sells very good reproduction uppers.

It's not a 'triangle'...

it's a Pyramid.

Brownell's sells a Retro Furniture Kit. I got one to make an Dedicated A1 clone in 22LR.

Malodave

Have to agree that they have a more elegant look to them.
Back when I had more available cash to spend I had planned on building
an A1 retro Vietnam issue AR. Unfortunately that plan fell apart.

It makes the rifle elegant and beautiful.

That round one is an abomination.

I believe the only reason they switched to the round handguards was that they're cheaper to manufacture.
No left side/right side... both sides are interchangeable.

Have to agree that they have a more elegant look to them.
Back when I had more available cash to spend I had planned on building
an A1 retro Vietnam issue AR. Unfortunately that plan fell apart.

I believe the only reason they switched to the round handguards was that they're cheaper to manufacture.
No left side/right side... both sides are interchangeable.

They also need just one stock number. Switching to the round ones probably simplified logistics by quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom