• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt 6920

I suppose you could order the rifle at a free state shop with a gunsmith, have them trim the bayonet lug, swap or pin the stock and permanently attach a brake. Federal transfer to you, then FA-10 as a registration when you get back in MA.

Unless no bayonets, collapsing stocks or flash hiders was a deal breaker, of course.

Option B would be piecing together the same features, which may, or may not work as well as modifying the 6920. Tough getting some of those parts these days.

I wonder what the difference between an new Colt HBar in post-ban form (as sold in mass) and a 6920 is. Will it have a same features as in the chart?

Buy a 6920 upper and mate it with a preban lower.

That's as close as you're ever going to get.

-Mike

There is no comparison between a L/E military gun and a gun Colt Offers for sale to the civillian market. I will have to look through my class notes but I believe there is something like 20 differnces in quality of parts. The Colt instructor basically told us by a 6920 or dont bother as the comercial guns are not the same ,He called them "hobby guns". I remember him saying the comercial guns get lot tested, meaning one gun out of the whole lot gets proof tested MPI inspected etc. In comparison every 6920 gets tested and inspected prior to be shipped out.YMMV

I recently got one and I'd recommend it. Colt concentrates on functionality more than looks btw, meaning there are some bumps and scratches on the ones currently coming out. You would have to get it sent to an out of state smith, and have the lug ground, stock pinned, and the flash pinned. Might be worth it if you really wanted one. MFL had some recently and probably still have them.

Back
Top Bottom