• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt 1911 Magazine 1942 military issue, need information

I'm looking for information on a 1942 magazine for a Military Issue Colt 1911.

I would like to see some photos and know color, markings, design for magazine that would have come with gun from factory when issued.

After reading serval guides and posts I'm more confused than ever. There are several sites that have examples but I've noticed some conflict with one another. Even the expert books vary.

Thanks guy's I've been to these sites before. I'm hoping to get a few guys who have a 1942 mag that can post some photos to use as comparison to what those sites say.

An, "as issued" 1942 Colt military could have been issued with magazines from the late 30's up to and including ones that came off the line on the same day. It depends on the branch of service and date of issue. If you want something nice and collectible for that period, get a couple two tones. "Markings" on mags was just about nonexistent for the war years.

Smokey-seven: that's what has had me confused I see some either the two tone and some with the letter markings and some with no markings at all. I didn't think in 1942 they were still using the two tone. By that point in time I would have expected they were building guns and using contracted magazines. I have seen some 1942's with the two tone but assumed it was not original to the gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Fprice could you post a photo of the magazine. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom