Colt 1860 Army clone

jhagberg88

NES Member
Complete impulse buy up at KTP today, it’s a .44 so I bought some round balls that are .445, Goex fffg, and some #11 percussion caps. Besides some type of powder measure, what else am i missing?

Plus check this guy out......

I just came across someone selling a new in box uberti 1851 36 cal , and a Pedersoli Rocky mountain Hawken 56 cal with the cleaning kits and other tools?
No real idea what they are worth. bought in 2015 and 2017 been hanging on a wall since?
Thinking of a whole package offer but dont want insult them either.
Rifle still has the factory wax/grease plug in the muzzle

A .44 cap & ball revolver should use either .451 or .454 projectiles. It could be .457 but I'd start with .454. When you seat the ball, a small ring of lead may be shaved off. The .445 balls you bought are for a .45 rifle shooting a patched ball.

I just came across someone selling a new in box uberti 1851 36 cal , and a Pedersoli Rocky mountain Hawken 56 cal with the cleaning kits and other tools?
No real idea what they are worth. bought in 2015 and 2017 been hanging on a wall since?
Do a search on gunbroker. There's tons of em out there. Pricing varies...........

A .44 cap & ball revolver should use either .451 or .454 projectiles. It could be .457 but I'd start with .454. When you seat the ball, a small ring of lead may be shaved off. The .445 balls you bought are for a .45 rifle shooting a patched ball.

thanks Gerry! Just what I needed. Do you have any use for those .445 balls I bought?

Do a search on gunbroker. There's tons of em out there. Pricing varies...........
been poking around. she sent me a text of original reciept rifle $900 in 2015 , pistol $290 2017.
i hate low balling people but im not highly interested if I could get it all for $700 i would bite?

I have four .44 cap and ball revolvers, two of which work best with #10 caps and two with #11’s. Double check to make sure those 11’s fit nice and snug on your nipples. ;)
Be prepared to spend a good amount of time cleaning it after you fire it. BP is smoky, sooty and messy. Hot soapy water is your friend but just make sure to dry it out well and properly lube it when done cleaning.

Are you sure the Hawken is a .56 and not a .54?

Pedersoli makes several with different woods and finishes.

Dixie Gunworks has the best prices on Pedersoli guns.

The retail of New Pedersoli guns has been increasing, their Rocky mountain Hawken goes for over $1K new today.

But used, Pedersoli rifles almost always sell for at least a couple of hundred dollars below new.

I think $700 for everything is a little aggressive, but not a bad offer (A lot would depend on the finish of the rifle). Maybe $800 would be better.

Back
Top Bottom