• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colorado's 2023 Assault Weapons Ban to include Shotguns and Semi Auto Handguns

yeah, but you need to understand, this is the standard operating procedure of the judicial system.
Oh, I do understand it. That doesn't mean I like it or have any faith in it.

In the political race over gun rights, the lefty pols are driving a Tesla S Plaid while the courts are sitting on their ass going nowhere fast. :(

In the political race over gun rights, the lefty pols are driving a Tesla S Plaid while the courts are sitting on their ass going nowhere fast. :(
Maybe... but look what the courts have done for gun rights in the past 15 years, now after Bruen, just need give it another 5

plaintiffMaybe... but look what the courts have done for gun rights in the past 15 years, now after Bruen, just need give it another 5
There has been S-L-O-W progress for sure, but nothing that has had any impact on Massachusetts gun law beyond the 'reasons & restrictions' licensing issues. That was huge for some, not so much for ancient me. All the things that I want changed will apparently have to wait for the right time and the right plaintiff. That's what they keep telling me. Until then, frugality is the order of the day. Frugality and patience.

There has been S-L-O-W progress for sure, but nothing that has had any impact on Massachusetts gun law beyond the 'reasons & restrictions' licensing issues. That was huge for some, not so much for ancient me. All the things that I want changed will apparently have to wait for the right time and the right plaintiff. That's what they keep telling me. Until then, frugality is the order of the day. Frugality and patience.
I understand it is frustrating to watch move so slow, I look at the big picture more so than what can the court do for me in MA, I know the MA law well enough to get what I want, I live in a good town that will issue any licence you want, I understand the risks associated with being a gun owner in this state. If I had one thing i could change in the state of MA right now it would be, legalizing suppressors, because that is about the only thing you can't get and I genuinely believe that will never happen in this state. I more so enjoy watching the liberal heads explode when things don't go their way, and lately it seems to be happening more and more

I maintain that, politically, Mass is far more "mixed" than ultra-liberal. MA already has a "successful" AWB. With one party in complete control of the state, firearm owners can only do so much. The best thing to do is help everyone and anyone who has ever been remotely interested in obtaining a firearm find a reasonably priced and easily accessible course to help them obtain an LTC. Look at it as volunteer work. The more people who have the capacity to purchase and own firearms, the better the outcomes are during voting. Beyond that, support pro 2A organizations and stay out of trouble. It's very clear the Supreme Court is going to strike down anything that seems to even remotely infringe on the 2A. The more radical, anti 2A legislation there is now, the quicker we get a generational "final answer" to all this mess.

Sometimes I think that the Courts have no real power. Just look locally for proof. Comm2A had to go after Northborough twice because they just ignored the first court decision handed down. I feel that happens across the board with those in power just ignoring what comes out of Court. What real power does the court have to enforce a decision if those doing the enforcement disagree?

I understand it is frustrating to watch move so slow, I look at the big picture more so than what can the court do for me in MA, I know the MA law well enough to get what I want, I live in a good town that will issue any license you want, I understand the risks associated with being a gun owner in this state. If I had one thing i could change in the state of MA right now it would be, legalizing suppressors, because that is about the only thing you can't get and I genuinely believe that will never happen in this state. I more so enjoy watching the liberal heads explode when things don't go their way, and lately it seems to be happening more and more
I know what you're saying. I would translate it this way: "We have learned over time to live with the hand we've been dealt" and that starts to look kind of okay compared with the other leftist states that are going crazy in counter-attack responses to Bruen. But remember, we have only had Maura as governor for a week and super-radical anti-2A leftist Andrea isn't even our AG yet. The MA legislature's 2023 session has barely begun. The legislature's promise to destroy us in the (current) session by re-writing everything ga.. ga.. ga.. gun has not been rescinded that I am aware of. It's coming unless Bruen has brought some sense to them, which is certainly possible, but not likely. In other words, changes are coming. How bad those changes will be remains to be seen.

I have never heard you have to have proof of purchase date??? NO the govt does not maintain a firearms registry, so we are told, the selling FFL is required to keep those records for the life of the FFL, or return them to virginia if FFL ceases business. ATF can ask FFL for info on the 4473 if they are trying to track something down
Beg to differ.
Yes there is a registry .
If you think those background check records are being deleted as required by law I have some nice waterfront property in Arizona I'm looking to sell.
What they say and what they do is two different things.
Remember the pointing and laughing when the "Conspiracy Nuts " were saying the government was spying on american citizens and harvesting phone call and e-mail data?.
No one is laughing now .

Beg to differ.
If you think those background check records are being deleted as required by law I have some nice waterfront property in Arizona I'm looking to sell.
Remember the pointing and laughing when the "Conspiracy Nuts " were saying the government was spying on american citizens and harvesting phone call and e-mail data?.
No one is laughing now .
you sound confident Show me the proof.

Alway wanted to live on a lake in arizona

Beg to differ.
No one is laughing now .
Yep remember when everyone laughed at Snowden too... He was right about everything...

Contrary to others beliefs about our overlords in the Executive branch of the state, this is what I fully expect from MA in the next few months sans grandfathering. They will pull a NY/CT because MA sucks and can't be outdone by those states...

The ban hammer is coming. Make your exit plans now or comply and STFU.
I agree. The laws have already been written. Now that all branches of MA government are leftist expect shit to go down.

I agree. The laws have already been written. Now that all branches of MA government are leftist expect shit to go down.
It sucks that CO and now IL are both bringing the ban hammer down on firearms. It will likely get the libs in MA worked up for more shennanigans here.

A buddy in CO is trying to convince me to move there ... my thinking is, soon it will ne like MA and people will be fighting each other for water.

A buddy in CO is trying to convince me to move there ... my thinking is, soon it will ne like MA and people will be fighting each other for water.
CO already has knock down drag out legal battles over water. It's barely legal to even have rain barrels on your property their water rights are so convoluted from people buying the rights from under the land and selling it to various parties over a hundred years ago.

48% of colorado is going APE SHIT over this crap,
the other 52% who live in the cities love this shit! They can not get enough gun control rolling, smoke that weed, hit those shrooms, and ban those gunz!

so far based on what factually happens - governors just enact regulations and pass them to police for execution ignoring any factual litigation and decisions of courts, so, dunno how and why anything scotus says matters. the executive branch finds ways to bypass long brewing legal directives any time, and police straight ignores everything except direct orders issued by governor and AG.

and once police arrests you and ruins your life forcing you into the litigation - the scotus decisions are not going to be very relevant for your personal situation.
You don't need guns for this to happen, you can get pulled over on the way home from Market Basket. Oops, something poked your box of baking soda. Oops. the officer says it tested positive for cocaine. If that happens to you, goodbye job, house, wife, kids, guns, sanity, etc....

Back
Top Bottom