• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colorado Springs LGBT Club Mass Shooting

"The judge’s order to release the records comes after several news organizations, including USA TODAY, sought to have the documents unsealed. The judge's ruling also came despite objections from state public defender Joseph Archambault, a chief trial deputy with the state public defender’s office representing Aldrich.

Archambault argued unsealing the documents would end any chance of Aldrich receiving a fair trial, noting the charges from the previous incident were never proven to a jury.

Archambault contends the coverage is "already painting Aldrich as guilty," and there's no way he could be seen as innocent. Aldrich is accused of fatally shooting five people and injuring 17 others at Club Q on Nov. 19.

"Unsealing the documents would end any hope of a fair trial," Archambault said."

Kind of an interesting excerpt from the New York Post.

“Ironically, Aldrich was subdued by two military men — US Army veteran Richard M. Fierro and US Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Thomas James — after allegedly storming into Club Q in Colorado Springs, Colorado on Nov. 19 with a machine gun and starting to shoot,”

A machine gun? Is this a media error? Or was it really a machine gun?

This guy had warning signs left and right he should have been behind bars already. This was a huge failure of the justice system.

Another common denominator between these shooters is always an absent or a piece of shit father. We have a huge societal problem and it starts with shitty men. The nuclear family is the most important cornerstone of our society and its being destroyed.

Kind of an interesting excerpt from the New York Post.

“Ironically, Aldrich was subdued by two military men — US Army veteran Richard M. Fierro and US Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Thomas James — after allegedly storming into Club Q in Colorado Springs, Colorado on Nov. 19 with a machine gun and starting to shoot,”

A machine gun? Is this a media error? Or was it really a machine gun?

This guy had warning signs left and right he should have been behind bars already. This was a huge failure of the justice system.

Another common denominator between these shooters is always an absent or a piece of shit father. We have a huge societal problem and it starts with shitty men. The nuclear family is the most important cornerstone of our society and its being destroyed.

Referred to as a MM-15 rifle! That’s somebody doing a poor cut and paste of 556mm AR-15, I’ll bet. Hand a a true machine gun to somebody without training and they’ll kill a few people but mostly shoot high, even on select fire.

The killer was 22 years old - I have no idea why law enforcement couldn’t follow through with any action these last years since the killer turned 18, even if some of his family resisted. It looks like they tried 72hr civil commitment - laws available in all states - but no go. It’s a Catch-22…give government the authority to seize and hold people like the killer and they’ll use it improperly.

"Aldrich had contact with police and other authorities even before the June 2021 bomb threat incident, according to Aldrich's great uncle and great aunt.

In the letter, the couple wrote that police had been called to the grandparents' home before, but Aldrich "threatened my brother if he told them anything." Robert Pullen and Jeanie Streltzoff also described an occasion when Aldrich "was picked up for 72 hours but was released early."

Another time, they wrote, a counselor who had seen the grandparents contacted police, who came to the home and wanted to "hold" Aldrich for 72 hours, but the grandmother "would not let (Aldrich) be taken.
"

"A protective order against the suspect that was in place until July 5 prevented Aldrich from possessing firearms, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said."

Um - I guess not...

"El Paso County Sheriff Bill Elder released a statement Thursday saying that there was no need to ask for a red flag order because Aldrich’s weapons had already been seized as part of the arrest and Aldrich couldn’t buy new ones."

Precisely why Red Flag orders, that only seize guns and provide no treatment, are often useless.

Last edited:
While I understand the spirit of what you're saying, its much more of a legal system than a justice system. The use of the latter just makes it more palatable and give the air of equity. Once I realized the reality was the former, everything made more sense.

If you don’t have heat in about nine months you’re gonna have pups
The cold has the opposite effect on me.
2eef11d2-7fcd-4acb-8023-778772234723_text.gif

"Five people including a bystander were injured after an “immense” number of gunshots were fired outside a gas station Tuesday night. The incident started when two groups confronted each other outside the Conoco at the corner of Palmer Park and Potter Drive. The time and location had been agreed upon by both groups, and the confrontation had been planned, police added.

“The initial investigation has identified that the shooting was the result of an agreed-upon confrontation between two groups,” said a spokesperson with the Colorado Springs Police Department. The spokesperson tells 11 News there’s no indication these two groups were gangs."

Non-gang planned violent confrontations - now that’s a twist…

A Colorado Springs community activist is an old high school friend of mine. He’s stopped called for less police but his response to this event was calling for fewer guns. I pointed out that other cities with Group Violence Intervention programs have had some success. He hadn’t heard of such initiatives and said he’d push for such programs. I’m sure he’ll stick with the "less guns" mantra but I think he’s seeing that gun control is not the solution. Gun control is the only solution to those who don’t personally experience a violent crime problem up close - those in the midst see there’s a lot more going on…

"Five people including a bystander were injured after an “immense” number of gunshots were fired outside a gas station Tuesday night. The incident started when two groups confronted each other outside the Conoco at the corner of Palmer Park and Potter Drive. The time and location had been agreed upon by both groups, and the confrontation had been planned, police added.

“The initial investigation has identified that the shooting was the result of an agreed-upon confrontation between two groups,” said a spokesperson with the Colorado Springs Police Department. The spokesperson tells 11 News there’s no indication these two groups were gangs."

Non-gang planned violent confrontations - now that’s a twist…

A Colorado Springs community activist is an old high school friend of mine. He’s stopped called for less police but his response to this event was calling for fewer guns. I pointed out that other cities with Group Violence Intervention programs have had some success. He hadn’t heard of such initiatives and said he’d push for such programs. I’m sure he’ll stick with the "less guns" mantra but I think he’s seeing that gun control is not the solution. Gun control is the only solution to those who don’t personally experience a violent crime problem up close - those in the midst see there’s a lot more going on…
Moron! But I'll agree with him that "Less guns" for criminals is a good idea [rockon]
Unfortunately I'm sure he won't agree with the solution which is LOCK CRIMINALS UP!

Shooter is a they/them yet still charged with hate crime? WTF happened to simple crime crime? Murder is murder. Are special people more dead than non special people? I'm a big believer of equal under the law, but that goes both ways- so no special snowflake treatment. Of course if the goal is to continue stirring hatred between various groups- well played, fed prosecutors.

Anderson Lee Aldrich, 23, made a deal with prosecutors to plead guilty to 50 hate crime charges and 24 firearm violations, the documents show. Aldrich would get multiple life sentences in addition to a 190-year sentence under the proposed agreement, which needs a judge’s approval

There's that middle name again -- and this time the shooter chose it, having changed from "Nicholas Franklin Brink" at age 16 and ghosted his father.

Last edited:
Shooter is a they/them yet still charged with hate crime? WTF happened to simple crime crime? Murder is murder. Are special people more dead than non special people? I'm a big believer of equal under the law, but that goes both ways- so no special snowflake treatment. Of course if the goal is to continue stirring hatred between various groups- well played, fed prosecutors.
It allows them to pump up the hate crime stats which everyone just assumes is a White, Christian, hetero male vs everyone else.

3 million hate crimes = 3 million White guys that victimized some protected class person, or that's what people will assume

It allows them to pump up the hate crime stats which everyone just assumes is a White, Christian, hetero male vs everyone else.

3 million hate crimes = 3 million White guys that victimized some protected class person, or that's what people will assume
I have heard of this stoking of hatred to grow political power. Box cars in white males' future?

Back
Top Bottom