• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colorado School Suspends 17-Year-Old After She Posted a Non-Threatening Gun Photo With Her Older Brother

Great points. We should all DEFINITELY just give in and never do anything that may offend the sensibilities of SJW’s and the regressive left. How stupid of me.

My guess is you don't have kids. If you did, I bet you wouldn't be ok with them posting such stupid shit on social media. It's easy to be an idealist when you don't have any skin in the game.

Pesonally, and I've posted as much here before, I think gun owners should take a page from the queer's playbook and be very "loud and proud". But to me, that's not dressing up like a f***ing jihadi, flipping the bird, with guns. By all means, we should post pics of our kids partaking in shooting sports and hunting so much so that we normalize it, just like the fruits did......but now you see the backlash of the queers going to far with trannies reading to kids with their balls hanging out of their skirts.....it repulses people. This dumb little girl just went too far too soon.

My guess is you don't have kids. If you did, I bet you wouldn't be ok with them posting such stupid shit on social media. It's easy to be an idealist when you don't have any skin in the game.

Pesonally, and I've posted as much here before, I think gun owners should take a page from the queer's playbook and be very "loud and proud". But to me, that's not dressing up like a f***ing jihadi, flipping the bird, with guns. By all means, we should post pics of our kids partaking in shooting sports and hunting so much so that we normalize it, just like the fruits did......but now you see the backlash of the queers going to far with trannies reading to kids with their balls hanging out of their skirts.....it repulses people. This dumb little girl just went too far too soon.
Nothing illegal and she posted it on snapchat. She didn't send it to the school so you're saying no student should EVER post a picture of themselves with a firearm or mention they're family owns firearms and regularly visit a gun range to shoot? I understand your point but this hatred of gun owners has gone to far. The reason we have these school shootings is because school teachers, admin, Principals, LE DON'T do their jobs and remove the real problem children from the schools. Woman I know was a Springfield, Ma. 4th grade teacher and years ago a black 4th grader walked up to her desk, whipped it out and told her to suck it. Kid was never removed from school, they just moved him to a different classroom. I can't imagine doing that to a NUN at ST.Catherine's Elementary School when I was in 4th grade..

This dumb little girl just went too far too soon.
Went in the wrong direction for any time.

Imagine some kid in 1946 posting a selfie in Nazi regalia on the Intarweb(*),
captioned "heading down to the range for some safe target practice".
Too soon?
Not gonna work in 1947.
Not gonna work in 1957.
It ain't ever gonna be time for that.

Otter: Intarweb in 1946?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Went in the wrong direction for any time.

Imagine some kid in 1946 posting a selfie in Nazi regalia on the Intarweb(*),
captioned "heading down to the range for some safe target practice".
Too soon?
Not gonna work in 1947.
Not gonna work in 1957.
It ain't ever gonna be time for that.

Otter: Intarweb in 1946?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

I'd laugh. It's never too soon.

I'd laugh. It's never too soon.
It's some kinda ironic I'm making an "imprudent attire" argument on Halloween...

Hell, the best costume(s) The Bride has ever seen
was a gaggle of grade schoolers
wearing pinstripe suits and fedoras,
like they were hot off the set of Bugsy Malone.

After they all got their candy and backed off,
one of them stepped back up and said...

The Don thanks you for your support.​

[rofl]

Nothing illegal and she posted it on snapchat. She didn't send it to the school so you're saying no student should EVER post a picture of themselves with a firearm or mention they're family owns firearms and regularly visit a gun range to shoot? I understand your point but this hatred of gun owners has gone to far. The reason we have these school shootings is because school teachers, admin, Principals, LE DON'T do their jobs and remove the real problem children from the schools. Woman I know was a Springfield, Ma. 4th grade teacher and years ago a black 4th grader walked up to her desk, whipped it out and told her to suck it. Kid was never removed from school, they just moved him to a different classroom. I can't imagine doing that to a NUN at ST.Catherine's Elementary School when I was in 4th grade..

I know it's not illegal. Schools aren't criminal justice institutions. They can make policies and breaking policies has consequences. They're often stupid and unfair policies. That doesn't change the reality of it. My kids won't dress up as terrorists and post it on social media, I'll consider myself a failure as a parent if my kids turn out that stupid. IF my kids get into shooting sports and post pics with targets or trophies etc then I'm fine with it.

And no i didn't say "no student should EVER post a picture of themselves with a firearm or mention they're family owns firearms and regularly visit a gun range to shoot?" so please don't make shit up and then attribute it to me. If you read the rest of my post you'd understand I was pretty much saying exactly the opposite.

Right, having or not having kids is relevant to whether or not you can or cannot have an opinion about the state punishing kids for legal first and second amendment protected activity. Another excellent point.

Pesonally, and I've posted as much here before, I think gun owners should take a page from the queer's playbook and be very "loud and proud". But

“But”, as in, I’ll claim to support something but I really don’t when it’s done in a way that I don’t like. I mean this example is a perfect example of “loud and proud”. BUT...

By all means, we should post pics of our kids partaking in shooting
......but

Yep, but...

This dumb little girl just went too far too soon.

But...I think she’s dumb therefore it’s not acceptable and when I say I support something I’m really just full of shit.

I know it's not illegal. Schools aren't criminal justice institutions. They can make policies and breaking policies has consequences.

Got it. The state can do whatever they want as long as you aren’t criminally charged. To be fair, this is indeed precisely the opinion of the state. It’s also a direct philosophy of statism and an antithesis of individual rights and liberties. “Infringing rights are fine as long as the infringements don’t make you a criminal”.

Do you also support the lefts recent platform of gun confiscation saying people will be forced to turn them in, and if they don’t and are found out, they’ll be taken and you’ll be fined? I mean, there’s no criminally liability with that particular position, so it should be good to go, no? Try and be consistent here.

So, if someone is dressed in a way you don't approve of, you feel its OK for the government to punish them ?
We see... got it comrade.

..also, theres recent topics on NES of student getting punished by schools, for simply going to the gun range, "dressed" in a way that even YOU would approve of.
Never said it was OK for the gov to punish her. My only point is that posting pictures like that is asking for trouble.
Personally I don't give a s**t what she posts.

My only point is that posting pictures like that is asking for trouble.

How is it “asking for trouble” unless you feel it’s unacceptable and schools should be allowed to punish you for it? Otherwise, what is this trouble you are talking about?

Got it. The state can do whatever they want as long as you aren’t criminally charged. To be fair, this is indeed precisely the opinion of the state. It’s also a direct philosophy of statism and an antithesis of individual rights and liberties. “Infringing rights are fine as long as the infringements don’t make you a criminal”.

Do you also support the lefts recent platform of gun confiscation saying people will be forced to turn them in, and if they don’t and are found out, they’ll be taken and you’ll be fined? I mean, there’s no criminally liability with that particular position, so it should be good to go, no? Try and be consistent here.
are you stupid, or just trolling?

I couldn't have been any more clear that I don't support the school.

are you stupid, or just trolling?

I couldn't have been any more clear that I don't support the school.

Silly me. How could I misinterpret “you wouldn't be ok with them posting such stupid shit on social media” and “This dumb little girl just went too far too soon” as anything but you not supporting the school. That is very clear. Good point!

Silly me. How could I misinterpret “you wouldn't be ok with them posting such stupid shit on social media” and “This dumb little girl just went too far too soon” as anything but you not supporting the school. That is very clear. Good point!

Yes. Silly you. If you're too dense to understand the difference between supporting a law and defining acceptable behavior for your own children then I'm not sure how I can help you.

I think the girl should be allowed to post that pic with her tits hanging out if she wants and the school shouldn't do anything. But that's not the world we live in, is it? So understanding that bad decisions my kids make can have life long consequences, I'll just plan to raise them to not be f***ing retarded and post retarded shit on facebook.

When I said this dumb little girl went too far too soon, it has nothing AT ALL to do with how I personally feel about her photo. It has everything to do with realizing that people who have the power to f*** your shit up may feel a certain way about it.

Right, having or not having kids is relevant to whether or not you can or cannot have an opinion about the state punishing kids for legal first and second amendment protected activity. Another excellent point.
so dodge the question. As expected. My point stands, it's easy to be an idealist when you have no skin in the game.

You're Captain Principle. You don't believe in gun control. Cut up your LTC and carry anyway. You're a hypocrite if you don't. Apparently a belief in how things ought to be is good enough for you.

“But”, as in, I’ll claim to support something but I really don’t when it’s done in a way that I don’t like. I mean this example is a perfect example of “loud and proud”. BUT...

Nope. But as in there's a good light to cast yourself in, and a bad one. She chose to rep herself in a bad light, failed to realize the obvous retard knee jerk reaction of the liberals running her school and now has consequences to deal with that could have been avoided if she used her brain.

But...I think she’s dumb therefore it’s not acceptable and when I say I support something I’m really just full of shit.
not what I said. Don't project your shitty logic onto me.
Post a pic when your done cutting up your LTC. You don't need that thing dude, 2A is clear and your pocket constitution is all you need. Keeping your LTC and complying with the law proves you support gun control.

Having taught for 36 years, I respect a good 70% of the teachers and 30% of the administrators. Most administrators prove the peter principle each and every day, more so as they rise in the ranks. They rise to their own level of incompetence. Many, in fact, were also lousy teachers.

I know it's not illegal. Schools aren't criminal justice institutions. They can make policies and breaking policies has consequences. They're often stupid and unfair policies.
Public schools, cannot just "make policies", in this case, the policy isn't just stupid and unfair, but also likely unlawful. See Tinker v. Des Moines

Government schools cannot step on student's first amendment rights willy-nilly, They need to show that the speech both has direct nexus to the school (occur on campus, at a school function, or otherwise directly relate to the school, other students, or staff) and also that speech materially or substantially disrupts the work and discipline of the school.

Without "nexus", the policy is stupid, unfair, and unconstitutional.

How is it “asking for trouble” unless you feel it’s unacceptable and schools should be allowed to punish you for it? Otherwise, what is this trouble you are talking about?
Keyes doesn't face any legal repercussions for her photo, but the suspension will go on her record and got her kicked off the school's volleyball team. She told Reason that "college is definitely on [her] mind" since "[she] want to go to med school" and that she's afraid that all the drama and rumors surrounding the event will reflect negatively on her in the admissions process.
Keyes can return to school tomorrow, but her mother says that her daughter is "terrified to go back because she is getting death threats, hate mail, and [negative] comments on her napchat."

Does that sound like trouble to you or is that just a normal high school experience?

And she was asking for that? And you agree with it happening to her? Because I reject that entirely. It shouldn’t happen. And exercising your first amendment right showing your exercise of your second amendment right is absolutely not asking for it.

Public schools, cannot just "make policies", in this case, the policy isn't just stupid and unfair, but also likely unlawful. See Tinker v. Des Moines
3eyd12.jpg

P. S. I'm just teasing, K.

All those in favor of urging high schoolers with no common sense and poor impulse control
to advance 2A rights by trolling Teh Authorities with imprudent social media posts,
say Aye.
-----

P. S. Even if we don't know whether or not the student is a rock star interviewee
on conservative media after the dust settles. Because when push comes to shove,
everyone can reach deep inside to channel their inner Leyla Pirnie
after some dumbass stunt they pulled ruins the next decade of their own life.

I know it's not illegal. Schools aren't criminal justice institutions. They can make policies and breaking policies has consequences. They're often stupid and unfair policies. That doesn't change the reality of it. My kids won't dress up as terrorists and post it on social media, I'll consider myself a failure as a parent if my kids turn out that stupid. IF my kids get into shooting sports and post pics with targets or trophies etc then I'm fine with it.

And no i didn't say "no student should EVER post a picture of themselves with a firearm or mention they're family owns firearms and regularly visit a gun range to shoot?" so please don't make shit up and then attribute it to me. If you read the rest of my post you'd understand I was pretty much saying exactly the opposite.
I'm not making any shit up, I asked you a question.

All those in favor of urging high schoolers with no common sense and poor impulse control
to advance 2A rights by trolling Teh Authorities with imprudent social media posts,
say Aye.
-----

P. S. Even if we don't know whether or not the student is a rock star interviewee
on conservative media after the dust settles. Because when push comes to shove,
everyone can reach deep inside to channel their inner Leyla Pirnie
after some dumbass stunt they pulled ruins the next decade of their own life.
Exactly.

And I think it was more than a dumb stunt. It says "epic 1A troll" to me with the piled-on messaging/symbols. Civil disobedience is a form of trolling the government.

I'm not making any shit up, I asked you a question.

yes, you are. You said "so you're saying no student should EVER post a picture of themselves with a firearm or mention they're family owns firearms and regularly visit a gun range to shoot? " when I said nothing at all like that.

Except that the only people actually repulsed by this birdbrain kid are weak-ass school admins etc. The bar to "trigger" them is not very high. She trolled them and they fell for
it. This is only even news because they fell for it. She won't be the last. This crap has been going on for seemingly as long as I can remember, although before the social media explosion it was less prominent and slightly less severe punishment. (like there was some kid in NH who wasn't allowed to put a pic of himself in the yearbook with an OU broken open over his shoulder, because he was a wingshooter).

ETA: Let's say hypothetically she didn't flip off the camera and instead posted a video of her running a course with a VTAC barricade etc in it while engaging steel and so on.... if you don't think the school admin morons wouldn't get upset over that, I have a nice bridge to sell you. Sure what she did is more retarded than that, but my point is the bar isn't very high anymore. There
have been kids who got "Sent home" because they brought a glock pen to school. All it takes is the wrong student to share the post or video with someone and this is the end
result, morons in power going full retard.

Hell, I know ADULTS who have been railroaded out of companies run by libtards for posting relatively benign shooting stuff online (even outside of work time!) never mind a kid getting suspended from a school.

-Mike

Last edited:
Except that the only people actually repulsed by this birdbrain kid are weak-ass school admins etc. The bar to "trigger" them is not very high. She trolled them and they fell for
it. This is only even news because they fell for it. She won't be the last. This crap has been going on for seemingly as long as I can remember, although before the social media explosion it was less prominent and slightly less severe. (like there was some kid in NH who wasn't allowed to put a pic of himself in the yearbook with an OU broken open over his shoulder, because he was a wingshooter).

-Mike

I agree that the school admins are retarded...but my point is that people need to know their audience (both your intended audience and that any other Tom Dick or Harry can see this shit) and that this day in age you have to be a moron to not anticipate that posting a pic like that could cause you problems. It's not fair, it's not reasonable, but it's a likely outcome and any consequences that you cold face are 100% preventable.

I don't think she trolled the school...I think she was too dumb to even realize the school might see it. I think she though it was a funny harmless picture, which it was...but she failed to see how the liberal nitwits that run her school and have power over her life would interpret it.

You've seen my facebook. I pretty much use it to post memes. I could post pics of myself holding guns, nuts in one hand gun pointed at the camera in the other, hell maybe rock some muslim shit on my head while doing it. Certainly my 1A right and no one SHOULD care...but I don't post shit like that because I don't want my boss or boss's boss or anyone in HR to see it (that and I have no interest in taking pics like that). The fact that they're retards if it offends them is pretty much irrelevant when I get called in to HR to explain it...."well you're being a liberal retarded snowflake" isn't going to be a good argument that helps me keep my job.

yes, you are. You said "so you're saying no student should EVER post a picture of themselves with a firearm or mention they're family owns firearms and regularly visit a gun range to shoot? " when I said nothing at all like that.
One more time smartass, I asked you a simple question and I read your post. Simple reply is YES or NO! "So your saying" is an expression and asking for clarification, that's all.

Never said it was OK for the gov to punish her. My only point is that posting pictures like that is asking for trouble.
Personally I don't give a s**t what she posts.

Posting the picture was “asking for trouble” is like wearing a short skirt was asking to be raped. It’s victim blaming.

Posting the picture was “asking for trouble” is like wearing a short skirt was asking to be raped. It’s victim blaming.
call a spade a spade.

But no it's not "victim blaming", a concept which is on its face retarded. Everyone SHOULD take steps to avoid dangerous situations. While it's nobody's fault but the rapist's, a 20 year old girl dressed like $2 whore going to a frat party by herself and drinking to the point of blacking out isn't exactly helping herself, that's for sure. Not reasonable to say "she was asking for it" but is reasonable to say she's an idiot who put herself in a bad situation....same thing here.

Back
Top Bottom