• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colorado Sanctuary Counties

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
This Colorado sheriff is willing to go to jail rather than enforce a proposed gun law - CNN

Colorado's state Senate passed a controversial “Red Flag” bill Thursday by a single vote, without any Republican support, and the bill is expected to pass the House, possibly this week. With Democratic majorities in both chambers, state Republicans have too few votes to stand in the way.

But more than half of Colorado's 64 counties officially oppose the bill. Many have even declared themselves Second Amendment "sanctuary" counties in protest.”

This Colorado sheriff is willing to go to jail rather than enforce a proposed gun law - CNN

Colorado's state Senate passed a controversial “Red Flag” bill Thursday by a single vote, without any Republican support, and the bill is expected to pass the House, possibly this week. With Democratic majorities in both chambers, state Republicans have too few votes to stand in the way.

But more than half of Colorado's 64 counties officially oppose the bill. Many have even declared themselves Second Amendment "sanctuary" counties in protest.”
just waiting for the first shot to be fired; lock and load

I'm traveling out that way and was checking out the CCW laws, holy crap. They no longer honor any other state non resident permits and no longer issue non resident permits and don't honor MA permits, so we're out of luck. Denver is like Cambridge now it seems.

Outside of Denver..I believe you can open carry.. including in car..no license needed..it was this way when I was there at least a few years ago...just keep it visible and you will be ok

i lived in colorado from '94-'97. no one got issued a ccw. it was up to the various county sheriffs to issue or not. you could open carry but not conceal. they had at the time, some outrageous non-refundable fee to apply. can't remember exactly what it was, wanna say a 100 bucks. police of course got them but very few others. i was a minor celebrity at a local gun shop when i showed the guys my ltc from massachusetts. they fondled it and passed it around in awe. i was going to submit a copy of the license in the document package to apply for the co. concealed permit figuring maybe the sheriffs office would be impressed enough to issue me one. i left the state before i sent it in so i'd never know if it dazzled 'em or not.

Up keeping their oath! Very admirable

Wish that people like these sheriffs lived in MA

Back
Top Bottom