• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colorado man sues Sig Sauer after fatally shooting his wife

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.

Another P320 case.
Man charged in wife's shooting death blames gun maker Sig Sauer
NEWINGTON — A Colorado man facing charges in his wife's shooting death is suing Sig Sauer, claiming the gun manufacturer is to blame because the weapon went off without him pulling the trigger.

Justin Schneider recently filed the negligence and wrongful death lawsuit in federal district court against the gunmaker on behalf of him and his wife's estate. Sig Sauer's headquarters are located in New Hampshire at Pease International Tradeport.

The suit mirrors lawsuits filed across the country involving the semi-automatic gun known as the P320.

Last edited:
Schneider states his wife retrieved her P320 so they could compare it with the new guns. The suit states Schneider unloaded the gun by releasing the magazine and taking the bullet out of the chamber. When he later reloaded the gun and handed it to his wife, it discharged "firing one round through Wendy's finger, perforating her neck, and lodging into the wall of the master bedroom."

There's some big holes (ouch) in that story.

When he later reloaded the gun and handed it to his wife, it discharged "firing one round through Wendy's finger, perforating her neck, and lodging into the wall of the master bedroom."
I'm trying to see any scenario where you can hand a gun to someone where that person's finger, neck, and the gun barrel were in a line. Not coming up with many realistic ones.

Now, can I see a situation where you're pointing a gun at someone and she has her hands and fingers up defensively along the line between the gun and her neck? Absolutely.

Last edited:
@djbradles Ya still looking for P320s?

sigmeme3.png

I’m a complete f***ing retard and it’s your fault. Give me money.

He's trying to get out of manslaughter and negligent homicide charges. I don't think money is the motivator here. That is, unless his were to somehow win.

Who hands a loaded gun to someone else with the muzzle pointed at them?!? My money is on stupid ND.

Who hands a loaded gun to someone else with the muzzle pointed at them?!? My money is on stupid ND.
Who hands a gun to someone else when the barrel, her finger, and her neck are in a line? No one.

Who shoots his wife while she's got her hands in front of her defensively? Too many people.

My money's on murder, not stupid ND.

Who hands a gun to someone else when the barrel, her finger, and her neck are in a line? No one.

Who shoots his wife while she's got her hands in front of her defensively? Too many people.

My money's on murder, not stupid ND.
Are you saying that would have been impossible with an ND?

They go to compare firearms so he unloads it, then reloads it before going to hand it to the other person with the barrel pointed directly at them? How else would the bullet shoot through finger and directly into her neck. That story is so much bullshit on his part.

Take the gun into court load it point it in a safe direction during the trial.

Tell the Judge and jury you will pay if it fires. If it doesn't ask them to make it happen without pulling the trigger.

Seems simple.

He's trying to get out of manslaughter and negligent homicide charges. I don't think money is the motivator here. That is, unless his were to somehow win.

It's generally accepted that you neved hand a loaded gun to anyone.....let alone pointing it at them. Folks may think I'm over the top.....but any time I hand someone a gun I ensure the action is open.....and I show them its clear.....then I hand it to them.

This guy is throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks in this law suit.

Schneider states his wife retrieved her P320 so they could compare it with the new guns. The suit states Schneider unloaded the gun by releasing the magazine and taking the bullet out of the chamber. When he later reloaded the gun and handed it to his wife, it discharged "firing one round through Wendy's finger, perforating her neck, and lodging into the wall of the master bedroom."

There's some big holes (ouch) in that story.
I don't know if it was a class or something I watched, but it always made sense to me. If you have to hand off a loaded weapon, put it down on a solid surface pointing in a safe direction and allow the other person to pick it up. Never hand a loaded weapon off.

It's generally accepted that you neved hand a loaded gun to anyone.....let alone pointing it at them. Folks may think I'm over the top.....but any time I hand someone a gun I ensure the action is open.....and I show them its clear.....then I hand it to them.

This guy is throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks in this law suit.
literally beat me by a second, I didn't state it in my post, but I agree, never give a loaded weapon to someone at all. action open, unloaded.

I'm trying to see any scenario where you can hand a gun to someone where that person's finger, neck, and the gun barrel were in a line. Not coming up with many realistic ones.

Now, can I see a situation where you're pointing a gun at someone and she has her hands and fingers up defensively along the line between the gun and her neck? Absolutely.
Pretty easy hand it to them barrel first. They reach out to grab the slide.

I'm not condoning this btw just saying

No, you're not being over the top. Whenever I train students, I tell them that you hand over a cleared pistol or revolver grip or butt first, with the action open!

Back
Top Bottom