1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

College suspends young mother for posing with gun at gun range. She’s suing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeyp, May 26, 2019.

1. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Dia’mon??? Really??? Lol

Bt74, xjma99 and Fixxah like this.

2. 308rifleman

308rifleman

Down the rabbit hole, somewhere in Paradise.
    Rob, would it really matter? I am southern born and raised, with plenty of Confederate pride. My wife, Jill, is Canadian born with Cajun roots and raised in Louisiana. Our daughters were born in my home state of Alabama, so I guess the liberals will just call us a family of unwashed rednecks. We are not control freaks as parents. We keep our share of firearms in our home and continue to educate our kids on their proper use. However, we have one rule that stands absolute: no gun photos on social media. Not a real gun, BB gun or water gun. No guns at all. Period!

3. Tinkermatic

Tinkermatic NES Member

4. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

Did you pick your own name?

KVX, kalash, Bill Katt and 1 other person like this.
  5. djbradles

djbradles NES Member

An apostrophed name is always better than a hyphenated one. I hate hyphenated last names to bits.

Daddy Mac, xjma99 and Fixxah like this.
  6. beaker

beaker NES Member

Wow, we need to remove these types of people from any position of power. He needs to get sued, fired, and get a job emptying garbage cans. Progressives are the most dangerous and annoying people on the planet, followed closely by Communists and radical Salafi types

7. SERE

SERE NES Life Member NES Member

This is like the old internet legend of Le-a. The "-" don't be silent. Aloud it may sound like LeDasha. :p

whatluck, kalash and djbradles like this.
  8. Bill Katt

Bill Katt NES Member

Says the guy posting on a firearms related "social media" forum which is knowingly watched by the Ma AG as well as other entities that would love to see all of us 'gun nutz' rot in jail. :-\

9. mikeyp

mikeyp NES Member

Especially when it's a guy lol

djbradles likes this.
  10. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias NES Member

Adding students and co-workers to FB is not a good idea.

Palladin and jpk like this.
  11. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

The Principal of the school is a firearm enthusiast. He suspended her for bad trigger discipline and bad muzzle awareness.

Daddy Mac, Palladin and xjma99 like this.
  12. jpk

jpk

You are certainly correct that NES is monitored by people who have a hate on for constitutionally protected rights.....but thats sort of where things diverge from the comparison I made.

First of all, NES admins dont hate me....or at least not lately....I hope....[crying]

Second of all NES isnt a platform thats openly hostile to RKBA/Liberty

Third, NES doesnt sell info on its members to other companies that are openly hostile to RKBA/Liberty

We could go on and on down the list of ways that posting on Fakebook isnt anything like promoting a constitutional right on NES

13. Kevin_NH

Kevin_NH NES Member

A public college should "consider discipline" for an adult student's lawful off-campus activities?

Ms. Dallas is 20-21 years old; I doubt her college has any in loco parentis duty.

14. xjma99

xjma99 NES Member

Her parents must have been wrestling fans.

15. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

90% of the time the subject will "cooperate" and be a witness against himself and admit the activity suggested by the photo is real. It is tough and often not financially practical for a college student to tell a non-LEO administrator, who can impose extra0judicial punishment, "we'll get my attorney here and we can talk'.

straightshooterjake likes this.
  16. straightshooterjake

straightshooterjake

This is entirely true. I considered discussing it in my previous post, but it did not add to the point I was trying to make.

Note that in this case, acknowledging the contents of the photo is an admission to entirely legal behavior, which is also outside the jurisdiction of the administrator asking about it. Even so, in many cases, a person without resources might find themselves with no reasonable recourse. Happily, in this case, I think the aggrieved student will receive some assistance toward getting a fair hearing.

17. tuna

tuna NES Member

Oh bullshit. If it was at a cowboy shoot no one would give two shits.

I hope she bankrupts the college and buys more guns and range time.

KVX, drgrant, Picton and 1 other person like this.
  18. FiremanBob

FiremanBob NES Member

BS yourself. Does the context look like a cowboy shoot? Does she appear to know WTF she is doing with that firearm? These urban punks grow to adult age without becoming adults, they live among society without learning to be decent members of it. I never said anyone had a legal duty to her. But it would be a good deed to set her straight before something really bad happens.

19. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

Gonna get interesting in a generation or three when kids have surnames that sound like lawfirms. Smith-Walters-Devans-Nixon-Peabody-Jackson would be a hell of a surname for a kid to live with.

djbradles likes this.
  20. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

Unclear. You read stories all the time about people who are decruited from their jobs because of politically incorrect behavior or statements made outside the workplace, without any link to the company (no use com company name, logo, etc.). When it comes to private institutions you have to prove their actions violated some sort of law or regulation.

If you don't think the courts grant colleges wide discretion to ignore the law, just try to get a court to treat a student being expelled from school as a "tenant with all the rights that pertain thereto" if they live in on-campus housing.

21. Kevin_NH

Kevin_NH NES Member

First Coast Technical College is operated by St. Johns County School District under the Florida Department of Education. Wouldn't be a 1A case if FCTC were a private institution.

Dallas's lawsuit alleges civil rights violations, including both Federal first amendment violation and "retaliation in violation of Article 1, Section 4 of the Florida Constitution".

Rob Boudrie likes this.
  22. 308rifleman

308rifleman

Down the rabbit hole, somewhere in Paradise.
    Probably they will choose some politically-correct names: ie Kennedy, Kerry, etc. When they reach adulthood, they can change their names legally.

23. ridleyman

ridleyman NES Member

It would probably be more appropriate if she had no clothes on, just saying'.

24. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

That's the main problem. It's operated by a school district, mostly for high school students, along with some adults enrolled in vo-tech courses.

The "college" has the mindset of a high school.

25. HarryPottar

HarryPottar NES Member

That’s the best thing about the interweb, you get to pick your own name and thumbnail.......

Harry, aka, Jeff, Bert, Ernie, Fred, Da’Dad

26. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

No way, thats an insult to my trash cans.

27. Bt74

Bt74 NES Member

Your choice, for whatever reason.

28. MGnoob

MGnoob NES Life Member NES Member

God forbid a a minority posts a photo with firearms and money....because having money or a firearm such a terrible crime...

As it goes ....first you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the respect.

As far as in poor taste, only in that it got her in trouble, but the payday will be worth it.ive posted plenty of things I shouldn’t have... love to get paid for it.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  29. fshalor

fshalor NES Member

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion. The issue is we have people making laws and voting who some how learned (or are playing a game) that it is required act on feelings and opinions.

They forgot, possibly because of lazyness, that you should use some logic as a filter between your opinions and feels and the actions you take. Then they decided that was too hard too and took away the opinion / thinking portion and now have just feels.

The person here you blasted did the right thing. He stated his opinion. He stated his feeling. And he took no action nor proposed taking any action because his logic filter properly identified the subject as being within their protected rights.

Why are you judging him for applying a very human (and rational) process?

30. 01906

01906 NES Member

Like I said I don't give a flying f#$& what any one does. And the college is wrong. But there is no way I would take a picture like that and post it for everyone to see. I'm willing to bet if most of us posed for a picture like that regardless of race. At they're local range. With your club logo in the background. You probably wouldn't retain membership much longer. If you disagree take the picture and post it up for everyone to see.