• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

College Station Texas Shooting 4 DOA, 2 LEO with GSW

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8771831Update

A suspect is in custody following a shooting near the A&M campus in College Station.

According to the Texas A&M University website, at about 12:30pm, a Code Maroon warning was issued to students to avoid the intersection of Welborn Road and George Bush Drive, due to a shooting in the area. Police reported the suspect was taken into custody about 15 minutes later. The scene was a few blocks from the campus football stadium, Kyle Field.

A College Station police spokesperson told CNN that multiple people have been injured. Identities and conditions are not yet known. She added that while one person is in custody, it's not yet clear if there are any additional suspects.

It certainly makes you wonder why these keep happening. Are people so unstable these days????? Seems most people on NES have their wits about them.
- part reporting blitz leading up to the election (see sig)
- (thanks lenS for the reminder) part sicko fame seekers copying others
- part stagnant and high youth unemployment
- part prozac nation
- part entitlement, self-esteem generation getting the first taste of the real world and totally lacking in the coping skills required for it thanks to their parents and school.

the timing for all this is just very odd. 3 events right on top of each other.

If I were a fiction author, this would be the warm up for some executive branch anti-gun blitz.

the timing for all this is just very odd. 3 events right on top of each other.

If I were a fiction author, this would be the warm up for some executive branch anti-gun blitz.
Well, when the media treats them like American Idol winners, copy cats are sadly part of the equation.

StevieP:2509057 said:
Inconceivable!! Guns are not allowed on college campuses.

Texas A&M has a pistol target shooting team. Lets hope the media doesn't know this otherwise they'll spin it really bad.

According to the Texas A&M University website, at about 12:30pm, a Code Maroon warning was issued to students to avoid the intersection of Welborn Road and George Bush Drive...

This time, it really is George Bush (Drives)'s fault.

it was 1 block away from Campus according to CNN, so i dont think the gun free zone applies. According to Chron.com im guessing a Texas news site, the guy was barricaded firing out of the house with automatic weapons.....so naturally it was an AK-47

If the Automatic weapons are true my guess is drug and Cartel relations

Last edited:
I'm reading a book right now called "Kill Decision" and its all about automated arial drone attacks.
The basic idea is the gov starts causing all these attacks so they can push through their bill/plan to take the technology out of the hands of "hobbyists" as well as have a reason for the gov to start building more and more of these to "defend" the citizens.
Lets replace "drones attacks" with "shootings" and see if the plot resembles anything in real life...

Oh my! If only there was a law that prevented this from happening...See if we had more gun control then no one would be insane and hell bent on killing. The cure for all mental illness is clearly stronger gun control. Right guys? right...

Well, when the media treats them like American Idol winners, copy cats are sadly part of the equation.

If only the media treated this stuff like MLB/NFL networks treat streakers- switch content, shut off the cameras, and cease discussion of the event like it barely happened.

Notoriety has a powerful attraction to human kind. Some people would rather be famous in a horrible way than be infamous as a good natured person. Time will never change this.

They interviewed a store owner that apparently knows the area and he claimed it was not a college student. Naturally Fox put the banner up during the interview that it was an "Automatic" weapon. Then the store owner said he heard 3 shots and then nothing. Stay tuned 48 hours for the actual facts.

Also heard he won't make it to a trial (What a Shame!)

As a Dad who has a Son who will start college in a year, these reports worry me although I know he can be harmed just driving to school.....these shootings will continue until we make the shooters pay dearly and our current legal system is not designed to quickly come to a conclusion and "dispatch" the offenders. As long as that orange haired freak is allowed to breath after all of the lives he ended then the problem will just continue.....my opinion and probably not worth 2 cents.

The shooting was in College Station near A&M. No indication it had anything to do with the school itself. At least not from the news reports.

The shooting was in College Station near A&M. No indication it had anything to do with the school itself. At least not from the news reports.

Apparently the officer was their to serve an eviction warrant to a 30 year old man who opened fire. Sorry about the people hurt but I just can't wait to hear about the shooters background. I am sure it's going to be priceless and they will start talking about the destitution and lack of hope among young people that would drive someone to this and naturally it will be Bush's fault.

- part reporting blitz leading up to the election (see sig)
- (thanks lenS for the reminder) part sicko fame seekers copying others
- part stagnant and high youth unemployment
- part prozac nation
- part entitlement, self-esteem generation getting the first taste of the real world and totally lacking in the coping skills required for it thanks to their parents and school.

I would say you pretty much nailed this.

And this is getting way to frequent to be coincidence.

Last edited:
Please... Make it stop. Can we have a time out. I just finished explaining my 2A right to someone at work for the second time... I just want all these mentally deficient people to stop. Please. Really.

Back
Top Bottom