Collectors Guns, Stoneham, MA

Just want to give a shout out to Collectors gallery for being patient with all my stupid noob questions. Bought my Remington R1 there last night. Great shop and look forward to doing business with them in the future.

Lowest prices I have seen on new guns, nice shop. Purchased all my new guns there. Was a convenient stop for me on my commute home and had been going there regularly. Not as friendly or helpful as I have read in some of the previous posts in this thread (just my own opinion based on my last couple of stops there). I think it's time for me to check out some other shops.

Lowest prices I have seen on new guns, nice shop. Purchased all my new guns there. Was a convenient stop for me on my commute home and had been going there regularly. Not as friendly or helpful as I have read in some of the previous posts in this thread (just my own opinion based on my last couple of stops there). I think it's time for me to check out some other shops.

I found them to be pretty rude. Simple things like "do you have a barrel for this shotgun" got responded with "go upstairs and look on the shelf" Well, nothing on the shelf was labeled and half were in unlabeled boxes. They do however have damn near 1 of everything in long guns. Only reason I didn't take my business elsewhere was because I couldn't unless I wanted to spend 25% more.

I found them to be pretty rude. Simple things like "do you have a barrel for this shotgun" got responded with "go upstairs and look on the shelf" Well, nothing on the shelf was labeled and half were in unlabeled boxes. They do however have damn near 1 of everything in long guns. Only reason I didn't take my business elsewhere was because I couldn't unless I wanted to spend 25% more.

Yup that sounds about right. But I will still take my money elsewhere

I agree. The prices are pretty good though. Dry firing used guns FTW.

Actually I did take my money somewhere else. I took the money I was gonna spend in there tonight and bought some reloading equipment[grin]

Anybody looking to do business with Collectors Coin Gallery in Stoneham, MA should promptly tell them to go eff themselves...they have a sign on the door saying "NO 223 or 5.56 AMMO" but are stocked with inflated prices and just told me they were too busy to do a transfer even though I was the 3rd person in line with only 2 other people in the store...and that was told to me by the owner! They said "come back another day we have sales that we are too busy with now"...no one else in there was buying guns because they have nothing to sell

Don't you work at four seasons? Little biased maybe

Anybody looking to do business with Collectors Coin Gallery in Stoneham, MA should promptly tell them to go eff themselves...they have a sign on the door saying "NO 223 or 5.56 AMMO" but are stocked with inflated prices and just told me they were too busy to do a transfer even though I was the 3rd person in line with only 2 other people in the store...and that was told to me by the owner! They said "come back another day we have sales that we are too busy with now"...no one else in there was buying guns because they have nothing to sell

I have been going there before and after they moved, Jack and Jerry have always been polite and helpful. They must be overwelmed due to all the panic buying by MA residents.

I bought my second pistol there. The guy I dealt with answered any questions I had and it was a quick and painless transaction. I dont need someone to give me a lolipop and pat me on the head, just answer any questions I have about what youre selling and dont be a jerk. I have no problem going back there again.

I'm surprised to hear that. Jack has always been great to deal with.

I have been going there before and after they moved, Jack and Jerry have always been polite and helpful. They must be overwelmed due to all the panic buying by MA residents.

Me too. I've been going to them back since ~1998 when they were in the tiny store, then moved down the street (the one where the beauty shop burnt out both stores) and their current location. I even ordered an M&P 45 by phone back when they were rare as hen's teeth, Jack refused to take my cc info on the phone as a deposit/payment and said just pay when you pick it up! When I walked in the door, he said "hi" then told one of the other guys to get my gun from the stack even before I asked for it.

FS employees have had frames transfered into Collectors because Carl won't do them! I've seen the transactions myself.

If it cost them almost twice as much to replace what they sell, they can't afford to give away product for yesterday's prices. That's just good business sense. Same reason why the price of milk, eggs, gas, fuel oil, etc. all go up and down almost daily when supplies tighten up.

They are great guys to do business with. Might they be just a bit frazzled due to the panic? I'll bet all the phone calls, Emails, etc. has them a bit worn down by now. Right now I'd cut any gun dealer a bit of slack.

Me too. I've been going to them back since ~1998 when they were in the tiny store, then moved down the street (the one where the beauty shop burnt out both stores) and their current location. I even ordered an M&P 45 by phone back when they were rare as hen's teeth, Jack refused to take my cc info on the phone as a deposit/payment and said just pay when you pick it up! When I walked in the door, he said "hi" then told one of the other guys to get my gun from the stack even before I asked for it.

FS employees have had frames transfered into Collectors because Carl won't do them! I've seen the transactions myself.

If it cost them almost twice as much to replace what they sell, they can't afford to give away product for yesterday's prices. That's just good business sense. Same reason why the price of milk, eggs, gas, fuel oil, etc. all go up and down almost daily when supplies tighten up.

They are great guys to do business with. Might they be just a bit frazzled due to the panic? I'll bet all the phone calls, Emails, etc. has them a bit worn down by now. Right now I'd cut any gun dealer a bit of slack.

This. They stopped listing used inventory on their site because they don't have the time to update the site. Like every other gun store in the country, they are overwhelmed due to panic buying. How many threads are there about lines out the door at someone's favorite gun store. I was at CandF earlier in the week to drop off some paperwork for a transfer. I had to wait about 20 minutes until one of the guys was able to look up from his work to talk to me. Those who have been there know how small and packed it is. There were more than a dozen people in there when I walked in and as people left, more came in.

I've bought several firearms from Collector's and have always found the staff helpful. As with LenS, I've offered a credit card number to hold and item and all they asked for was a name to put on the tag and when I'd be in. I expect to do business with them again if the hysteria ever settles down.

I was there Thursday...pick up a couple of 20 round AR mags..25$ a piece and a "few" boxes of PMC .223 ammo 7.99 a box of 20...crowd yes ...but no problem at all.....

Don't you work at four seasons? Little biased maybe

no...if i worked at FS I would have done the transfer there...

There were a total of 6 people in the shop, including myself and the person I was transferring the gun to, 4 people behind the counter...everyone else was there to buy an AR15 that they didnt have in stock...they were far from overwhelmed

I hope the Collectors apologists don't neg rep you for your opinion the way the FS apologists do.

Just went by here and they definitely sold a lot of stuff recently, not much for reloading components, they do have pretty much all calibers of pistol available in factory loads. If you ask they do have PMC 223 for 8.99 a box with a limit of 5 per customer.

Having lived in AZ and experienced amazing customer service in a variety of gun shops, I can tell you that gun shops, at least in ma, have no clue how to treat customers. It seems to be systemic and is not unique to gun stores.

Another awesome transaction here, I consigned a rifle here and two weeks later walked out with cash. I am very happy, it sold quickly, their fee is reasonable, and everything was organized. They do give a 2 week warranty on used guns so that was why I had to wait.

Chris

Another awesome transaction here, I consigned a rifle here and two weeks later walked out with cash. I am very happy, it sold quickly, their fee is reasonable, and everything was organized. They do give a 2 week warranty on used guns so that was why I had to wait.

Chris

How's their ammo selection?

i went there today for the first time after work, i spoke to a guy there at the counter and asked if he had any 9mm rounds in the back or if what they had in the front was all they had. Then i asked him if they had any sig sauer sp2022's that were ordered or if they could order one for me if they became available, i told him that it was my first time buying a gun and that was the gun i was interested in buying first, he had a smug look on his face and just said "No, i dont know if you noticed but no gun store anywhere has any type of guns anymore" . im looking to buy my first handgun and i wont be going back there unless i have to, i have worked in sales before, and if i dont have what the potential customer has, i would be polite and tell him we didnt, not be rude, and act like the customer doesnt know what the hell hes talkin about, and then i would see if they would be interested in something else. unfortunately the guy that was there just looked like he was trying to get rid of me. thats fine, i wont be going there anymore, and lots of my friends and families that go gun shopping, deff recommend they avoid that place aswell.

I got the same smug attitude when i was there a couple weeks ago. I dont need anybody to be my best friend behind the counter but i dont expect to be treated rudely for simply asking if they sold a particular ruger. Fortunately there are better stores with excellent service in the area where i spent my money.

i went there today for the first time after work, i spoke to a guy there at the counter and asked if he had any 9mm rounds in the back or if what they had in the front was all they had. Then i asked him if they had any sig sauer sp2022's that were ordered or if they could order one for me if they became available, i told him that it was my first time buying a gun and that was the gun i was interested in buying first, he had a smug look on his face and just said "No, i dont know if you noticed but no gun store anywhere has any type of guns anymore" . im looking to buy my first handgun and i wont be going back there unless i have to, i have worked in sales before, and if i dont have what the potential customer has, i would be polite and tell him we didnt, not be rude, and act like the customer doesnt know what the hell hes talkin about, and then i would see if they would be interested in something else. unfortunately the guy that was there just looked like he was trying to get rid of me. thats fine, i wont be going there anymore, and lots of my friends and families that go gun shopping, deff recommend they avoid that place aswell.

As a green horn this was the first gun shop I visited and I had a similar experience. I was looking for a M&P9C before all this craziness happened. When I asked the sales guy if he had one in stock I could look at he let out a huge sigh and said he would "have to go out back and look". The whole time I dealt with him it felt as though I was one big inconvenience. He comes back and tells me "there sold out" no detail no nothing. Then he proceeds to show me a 9C that was used with a laser for $699. I promptly said no. It gets better though because then I asked if I could by some .30 carbine ammunition, I then did the unthinkable and asked him the price. His reply "Does that really matter?" yeah it does, I might buy one box or two or three. Every time I visit this place its as a last resort. They are within 15 minutes of my house and I will travel to NH before I give up and go there. Worst customer service, worst attitude, and overall crappy prices. That has been my experience there. Maybe I am just going there when it's there time of the month but after 5 or 6 visits I am seeing a trend.

The place is hit or miss. I bought my first gun there (used) for a deal. They're not the warm & fuzzy type - they expect you to know your stuff when you come in.
One time I was there I said something about direct impingement vs. piston guns & the guy behind the counter had no idea what "direct impingement" meant. [rolleyes] You'll find that some of their ammo prices (were) competitive & for some used guns they'll beat FS, but you gotta shop around. At one point they had pre-ban mags for half of what FS was selling them for. They're also not half as busy as their direct competition... wonder why that is?

Back
Top Bottom